Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-21-2014, 03:36 AM   #1
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
LED license plate bulb type?

I've been looking on Amazon at these bulbs. I'm going to give these cheap ones a shot before I turn to one of our lighting vendors. I have a credit on amazon so I figure what the heck. The bulb type I see for our cars license plate is LED T10 5SMD. Can anyone verify this as being correct? Also, I was told that the dome light utilizes the same bulb...is that true?

Thanks
Old 06-21-2014, 09:36 AM   #2
Camaroshark

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT, 6speed
The cheap ones last about a month and burn out. Happened to me.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:35 AM   #3
'13Inferno

Drives: '13 Camaro LS
Buy them from gen5diy. They only cost about $6. I have them installed on my car. Very bright and good quality
Old 06-21-2014, 11:51 AM   #4
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by newagemuscle View Post
I've been looking on Amazon at these bulbs. I'm going to give these cheap ones a shot before I turn to one of our lighting vendors. I have a credit on amazon so I figure what the heck. The bulb type I see for our cars license plate is LED T10 5SMD. Can anyone verify this as being correct? Also, I was told that the dome light utilizes the same bulb...is that true?

Thanks
Yes it's true. t10 bulbs are what you want. I bought the cheap ones and 4 months later and still going strong. And if they do happen to go out, I have 13 other replacements lol. I bought 15 for 5 dollars on eBay with free shipping

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:46 AM   #5
sjmautoprod

Drives: '16 2SS
As above, it's also the same bulb for the trunk, and, dome. We have a nice selection of these.
sjmautoprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:16 AM   #6
Lacpac

Drives: 2012 Crystal Red Tintcoat RS
I've bought cheap ones direct from China and use them for multiple cars. All still burning bright for a year now. Also used them on pop up camper inside and out. The vendors on here are great.... And fast. If your order from China 3-6 weeks. Vendors.. a day or two. I've never ordered cheap ones from Amazon though.
The one thing I really like about the vendors is they research the products they buy so you end up with the better quality leds. Buying direct from China is fun and cheap but you can gamble a bit on color and brightness.

Last edited by Lacpac; 06-23-2014 at 11:20 AM. Reason: additional info
Lacpac is offline   Reply With Quote