Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Old 04-24-2014, 04:03 PM   #1
Preges

Drives: 2011 Camaro 631hp SS by Berger
2011 2SS - 631hp by Berger

I am selling Tigger, my 2011 Camaro 2SS with only 8800 miles. She's Inferno Orange, and was originally purchased with several options on top of the 2SS package: Berger Rally stripes, Berger exhaust (they use Gibson I believe), the orange and black leather SS interior, a Heritage grille, and black-out for the front and rear. I then decided to throw a little more into the pot, and had Berger bring her up to the standard of one of their serial numbered Camaros. Thus, she gained a Magnuson supercharger (with recently modified smaller pully), custom, ceramic coated, long pipe headers, cold air intake, an upgraded thermostat, and new computer. As with their other masterpieces, Matt Berger and his father signed the shock towers, and the master mechanic signed the bottom of the hood. She came off dyno tuning (April 2014) at 631hp...the most they have put into a convertible. I had the windows tinted and fully edged at 20%, and purchased the full Camaro 3M protective wrap, both from Extreme Car Audio in Grand Rapids, MI. I have all the paperwork, including the original sticker, and the original signed "Power by Berger" sheet, all laminated and ready for the rally. She has spent winters under her blanket (included...Deluxe, black, Camaro cover) and inclement weather indoors. Heads always turn at the roar, then lock in on her looks. She looks rather sinister, to tell the truth.

I am asking $50,000, and would be glad to answer questions or provide specific photos if you are interested. I snapped a few last night and will attach to this posting. Feel free to contact me at flyuh60@msn.com.

Thanks for looking!
Attached Images

Last edited by Preges; 05-19-2014 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Price reduction
Preges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:10 PM   #2
Blackkaz04

Drives: 2006 Z06
how much????
Blackkaz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:26 PM   #3
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackkaz04 View Post
how much????
The ad says $65,000.
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:37 AM   #4
2010abmss

Drives: 2010 ABM SS
nogga, not gonna get that much! Its a beautiful car but nobody in their right mind would pay 65K for a 2011 convertible. Autographs dont increase the value. Sorry not trying to be rude but thats a hefty price. I wish you the best of luck though and hope you get what you want for it!
Old 04-25-2014, 02:26 AM   #5
Jackass
Doing what I like to do

Drives: 1963 Landrover
Mods never pays off , one can't expect to recover all if any off the money put in mods
Sharp looking car never the less
Jackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:29 AM   #6
Preges

You're right, of course. Straight cost is closer to $80K, and 65 is just my asking...there is always room to 'discuss' things with a serious buyer. The nice thing about the build is that it is a Berger build. The serial numbered Berger Camaros from 2011 are holding at $80K+, with one recently going at $108...though that one had heads and cam done also, putting it at 740hp...but it was also a coupe... (If this convertible is stepped up any more it will require frame stiffening.) The signatures and paperwork make this the same as a serial numbered Berger without the sticker price, and also are unique because it is a convertible, which are not usually bumped up.

Sorry...long reply. I guess the bottom line is that Tigger is a great car, and I am just not going to give her away. I know I will lose a bit, but she's not comparable to an average mod, and definitely does not belong on the block with a stock version. If she doesn't sell my heart will be far from broken. The only reason I am considering selling is that I feel selfish and would like to purchase a vehicle that my family can enjoy together...with lanky teenage kids, the back seat is not too enjoyable. I will probably pick up a four-door Jeep to bang around in as a family and look for a replacement when they are grown and gone.

She has been terribly fun, and always scored a front row at the Metro Cruise, but if the right buyer came along then I am afraid she will have to move on to a new home.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:34 AM   #7
Preges

And if the weather ever clears I will get her out from under her blanket and get some adult shots taken (with her top off!!!) and add them to the listing. If nothing else, I enjoy sharing a sharp looking car with others that get it. It really is nice to connect with other car people...it's too bad that to most people they are just means of transportation.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:44 AM   #8
Preges

Sorry to keep adding, but I thought that some of you might find this interesting. Here is an article that Auto Trader wrote on the Berger Camaro history.

http://www.autotraderclassics.com/ca...et-83469.xhtml
Old 04-27-2014, 11:40 AM   #9
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
What am I missing here , Beauty of a car, But for another $5-10 K your driving a brand new Z-28. Just keep your car man , Drive it and enjoy it , I wish I owned it.
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:32 PM   #10
Preges

Tanks, man. It really us a great car and terribly fun to drive. Not only does she look cool (sinister) but when she growls every head turns, which is cool too. Why the price? I agree, it is not cheap. But here's the thought process: a new one (currently Berger has one with less HP, without upgraded interior, and a common color for $75K, and a coupe with 20 more hp for $100K) will run $60K. Power upgrades will cost $18K. Add non-dealer and tinting for another $2K and you are at $80,000. With only 8800 miles Tigger is almost new (still carries warranty), and a straight $15K off the sticker is a good place to start. I figure all asking prices are 10% or more negotiable, and you are now getting into a convertible powerhouse that doesn't sacrifice looks for just below the original sticker. Not a bad deal.

As to a Z28...I agree, for $75K you could roll out in a new model. But a Z28. Shopper isn't looking for a convertible show car, he/she is looking for a track car. These are two completely different animals. Mine is for old farts like me who like the heated seats to extend the adult (top-down) season, don't mind the extra weight of the convertible, are thrilled to have an inferno orange and black car that gets people dropping to watch, and still won't shrink from a boosted 'Stang at an intersection. I think here are others out there like me and that Tigger will eventually find a new home. And if not, I will feel like a kid every time I let her roar and get s half dozen heads to swivel.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:35 PM   #11
Preges

Sorry...typed the reply on my phone which seems to come pre-loaded with autocorrect typos. I firmly believe that Siri hates me. (You would not believe the routing she has sent me on...I'm lucky I don't have "Honky Lips" spray painted on my truck! - That's a movie reference and not intended as an insult...)
Old 04-27-2014, 01:40 PM   #12
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Maybe you can just buy a used cheaper family car and keep your baby. You said your kids are teenagers and have to fit in the back ,which I know is bad because I still got a 18 year old who sometimes has to ride in the back also and hates it and lets me know ,Ha thing is they grow so fast and I would hate to see you in 3 years or so stuck with a empty mini van , trying to race a that smart car, Dont feel bad I am sure your kids know how much you love that car and would hate to see you without it .
Whatever you Have fun with the car or good luck with the sale. GO TIGERS!!
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:58 PM   #13
Preges

Oh, we have a family vehicle too. Sigh. I know, I have issues. And what you point out is another reason I am not pricing her at a steal...I will be willing to let her go, but am not going to just throw in the towel. And if she moves, maybe my forum 8 years from now will be the C7 Z06 forum...
Old 04-27-2014, 02:05 PM   #14
mcp1990

Drives: 07 charger RT
You can get a modded 2013. Zl1 for around 15k less than that. I'd keep it if I were you, it'll be really hard to get what you want for it. GLWS
mcp1990 is offline   Reply With Quote