Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #1
josh2105

Drives: Stock 2010 Camaro SS
Flowmaster Outlaw Series

After doing a lot of research I have pretty much decided to get the Flowmaster Outlaw series but I am having a hard time deciding if I should get the axle back or cat back. With the axle back being less expensive than the cat back, will the cat back offer anything performance or sound wise over the axle back. I am also wondering if the outlaw offers anything over the American Thunder series on my 2010 Camaro SS.
josh2105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
genedarrell

Drives: Blue and Silver 2010 2SS
I just placed my order for the American Thunder cat back system. From what I read and have talked to a guy, supposedly the cat back should give you a little more performance boost that the axle back with the axle back mainly changing the sound, but it will flow just a little more. I'm sure if i am wrong someone will chime in! lol
genedarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
e7lek

Drives: Camaro SS
Read the review i wrote on the outlaw series.

Theyre amazing.

Catback or not depends on if you have an L99 (auto) or manual... the L99 comes with a resonator so really you wont hear ALOT of difference. Go with the cat back if your car is auto.
e7lek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #4
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
The flowmaster super 10s are also a great choice, they dont make a catback with them so I made my own
Old 11-27-2013, 05:32 PM   #5
ModBargains.com

Drives: Widebody 2013 Mustang GT
I'd say if you've got the extra cash to spend, go with the catback system. The axle back is nice, but I think if you've got the extra cash on hand to do it, go with the cat back.

We already had a really good price on the outlaws previously, but you can add a Black Friday coupon code to the exhaust system that we have when you order from us to make it just that much better
ModBargains.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:27 PM   #6
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Catback if you want it really loud and drone like heck on the freeway. Axelback for less of all that but still drones alot. They both sound great though.I like mine and got j pipes made and little or no drone, if that is a concern.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote