Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-30-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
RJT-SS

Drives: '11 2SS/RS A6
Bluetooth update....now audio does not work.

I couple of weeks ago I had the software update to my head unit based on the TSB that has been out for a while. Prior to the update, I was able to pair my phone to the car and stream music (either music on the device or iHeart Radio) using the Bluetooh connection. Now, I cannot. I can pair the phone to the car and the hands-free calling with no problem.

Prior to the software update, in my Bluetooth settings on my phone (Driod Razr Maxx) the car would be listed as something like "GM Music Connect" with a graphic of headphones next to it. Now it shows up as "My Vehicle" with a Bluetooth earpiece graphic next to it. Based on that greaphic, I understand why the phone works but I still don't get why the device will not pair for music.

I especially don't understand why it worked before the upgrade and now not.

I have not changed phones either. Same one that worked before the update.

Does anyone know if I am missing something or, has anyone had a similar issue?
Old 06-30-2013, 11:10 PM   #2
lfree11012

Drives: 2018 1LE
Hummm don't knot but going to take a shot In the dark An say that it sound like your phone thinks that your radio is just an earpiece and will only pair for phone calls and a2dp music stream witch you can do with some ear pieces. You need your phone to see it as a davice. I would say delete radio from phone and phone from radio and start over and witch what you select when paring radio to phone. Also when doing this let the radio find the phone when pairing
lfree11012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:18 AM   #3
RJT-SS

I already deleted the phone from the radio and the radio from the phone; then re-paired it. No luck . When pairing, the radio does not find the phone until you enter the code provided by the radio; once you put the radio in pair mode.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #4
RJT-SS

Fixed. The Bluetooth pairing process is different for the phone than it is for the audio.