Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 06-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #1
CamaroKiddy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IOM L99
Seafoaming a V8?

I have 46,000 miles on my 2010 L99. I'm about to install a catch can. I've seen a thread about seafoaming a V6 DI engine. Would i be able to follow the same procedure with cleaning the Intake using the vacuum on the booster hose for a V8? If so, is the booster hose in the same location?
CamaroKiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:32 PM   #2
Cornflakes'Camaro
Counting down the days...

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Here are acouple links to threads I have been involved in w/ the seafoam treatment.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301764

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297189

Hope this helps bud.
Tick Performance Custom Cam w/ support mods/BBK LT Headers w/ midpipes/Straight Exhaust/Airaid Cold Air Intake/ZL1 Driveshaft/ZL1 Differential/Hendrix Engineering Offset Bushings/ZL1 Axles/BMR Rear Subframe Bushings/BMR Toe Rods/Carlyle Racing 15" Conversion/Jannetty Winsheild Bottle Scoop/Forgestar 15x10 Beadlocks wrapped in Mickey Thompson Radial Pros
Cornflakes'Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
It def did for me. Thanks
mydreamcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:31 PM   #4
Cornflakes'Camaro

No problem. that second link is a more helpful, but you kinda go through me asking all my questions I had before I did the seafoam treatment.
Tick Performance Custom Cam w/ support mods/BBK LT Headers w/ midpipes/Straight Exhaust/Airaid Cold Air Intake/ZL1 Driveshaft/ZL1 Differential/Hendrix Engineering Offset Bushings/ZL1 Axles/BMR Rear Subframe Bushings/BMR Toe Rods/Carlyle Racing 15" Conversion/Jannetty Winsheild Bottle Scoop/Forgestar 15x10 Beadlocks wrapped in Mickey Thompson Radial Pros
Old 08-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #5
2SS 2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Black
Why on earth would you want to seafoam an engine much less an engine with 46,000 ? You are asking for trouble with that stuff
2SS 2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:24 PM   #6
Synner

Drives: cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS 2011 View Post
Why on earth would you want to seafoam an engine much less an engine with 46,000 ? You are asking for trouble with that stuff
Please elaborate on your paranoia with some facts.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #7
Cornflakes'Camaro

Old 08-30-2013, 05:42 AM   #8
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Just make sure you change you motor oil in about 100 miles after seafoaming the intake. You may have some leak down and it will not be good for your oil.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:15 PM   #9
Cornflakes'Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Just make sure you change you motor oil in about 100 miles after seafoaming the intake. You may have some leak down and it will not be good for your oil.

What about putting Seafoam into your oil and changing after 100-150 miles? That's part of the instructions, and is how I did my "treatment"
Old 09-02-2013, 02:18 AM   #10
Pdasterly
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS
I wouldnt stall the engine with the seafoam ever again. Car smoked up whole block and cats failed soon after, but hey what do i know im no expert.
Pdasterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #11
Cornflakes'Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdasterly View Post
I wouldnt stall the engine with the seafoam ever again. Car smoked up whole block and cats failed soon after, but hey what do i know im no expert.
to eliminate any confusion, you stalled out your engine by putting seafoam into it???
Old 09-03-2013, 05:49 AM   #12
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
For doing the upper engine it is best to get the spray Seafoam, it helps preventing engine stall and is not as hard on the cats.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:55 AM   #13
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Quote:
For doing the upper engine it is best to get the spray Seafoam, it helps preventing engine stall and is not as hard on the cats.
Ive used that. I like that it has a little plastic snake hose that slides between the rubber coupler and throttle body. You slide the little spray hose down passed the throttle body blade which keeps it open an additional 1/4 to keep the RPMs about 2500 RPMS. Spray in the can. It wont stall the motor. I was ok with that and I added some to the brake vacuum to stall the motor and let it sit for 30 minutes. I had 30000 miles on my car, and it hardly smoked during WOT clean out.
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #14
Cornflakes'Camaro

Quote:
So if I didn't stall my engine when I did the seafoam treatment, did I do it wrong? I had a buddy sit in the car and keep it at roughly 2,000 rpms for 10 sec. intervals while I fed the seafoam in...