Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-11-2011, 12:58 PM   #1
Lou_Dorchen

Drives: Jeep
Anyone here ever get a red light camera ticket?

If so, did it take a pic of the entire intersection, or just the back end of your car?

Some moron cut across 2 lanes of traffic and spun out in front of me. So I was stuck in the intersection behind him until he got his truck turned around. By then the camera had went off. If it took a pic of the intersection I should be able to get it dismissed. If not, I don't know what to do other than hope I get a cool judge who believes me.
Lou_Dorchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:02 PM   #2
LittleMT
user bann'd

Drives: Chevy SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Dorchen View Post
If so, did it take a pic of the entire intersection, or just the back end of your car?

Some moron cut across 2 lanes of traffic and spun out in front of me. So I was stuck in the intersection behind him until he got his truck turned around. By then the camera had went off. If it took a pic of the intersection I should be able to get it dismissed. If not, I don't know what to do other than hope I get a cool judge who believes me.

there is a person that reviews the 'incident'.....they may not even send you a ticket if you are lucky....

if you get one, and don't catch a break, pay it, even though this sucks, don't ignore it cause those characters will send it to collections, and then your credit will get a ding....

Chantilly Lace, the 2011 Rockabilly Jukebox..ADM built..617rwhp, geared A6.
LittleMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:03 PM   #3
Cristoff

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS in Red Jewel
In Texas? You are probably going to be just fine.

If you were out here in CA, I would tell you to wear lipstick to the courthouse so you could look pretty when they &**$@ you.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:16 PM   #4
lb10ss

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, Black/Inferno Orange
I went to Orlando Fl. and I got two tickets in the mail they sent me pic's and you can go on the web sight and review a video.No way I can get out of that one.
lb10ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:40 PM   #5
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Dorchen View Post

My wife got a red light ticket...
If its anything like the camera systems that are in AZ you should be fine. It took pictures from 3 different angles and one of them covered the whole intersection plus some.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:38 PM   #6
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Most red light cameras I've seen, video the incident as well as take pictures so you should be fine.
Mr_Draco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:19 PM   #7
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
thought I read that they take 15sec of video or something by law, though they are not legal. [since it circumvents the court system]

Got a speeding camera one once but it went right into the trash.
Camera didn't pick up the back of the trailer this guy was pulling that took him two lights just to get it moving and was all over once started, I was just passing to get around and away from him before it broke off.

collections can eat it, if it was a real ticket id get a day in court, which you don't, so its an illegal ticket.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:11 AM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
I'm in TX...and I got one.....I was THROUGH the intersection....but the car in front of me stoped to go over the BUMP at the RR tracks....so It toopk MY PICTURE.....it was a few towns over....I just payed it....it would have cost me more to take the time off from work to go to court and fight it.....like that would have helped.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:18 AM   #9
Bay Area SS

Drives: 2010 rs/2ss
I have gotten one in my patrol vehicle goin over the toll bridge. For what ever reason I thought the exempt plate vehicle was exempt from the toll. The camera picked it up, and the boss was pissed two weeks later when the fine came in the mail. It sucked I had to pay it. LOL
Bay Area SS is offline   Reply With Quote