Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-23-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
riki3fan
Camaro Obsessed

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS Supercharged A6
Send a message via Yahoo to riki3fan
Mods completed today!

Okay, so I've done all the same mods that a huge majority of the fellow posters have, but I have to say, I couldn't be more pleased! I thought I loved Eva before, but I really, really, really love her now!

Last night I installed the Injen CAI (with minimal husband-supervision). Great instructions, and super easy install. Took me one hour and 45 minutes, not working quickly at all, and really getting good explanations from my husband, who is a mechanic. I think it killed him a little that I insisted on doing everything but the final lug nut torque.

After that was completed, he got busy with the MRT v2.0 exhaust install. Only took him one hour! The sound from the combination of the two mods is so incredible. I just want to giggle hysterically every time I get behind the wheel now!

Today, hubby got busy installing the suspension upgrades. We got the Eibach Pro-Plus kit that contains the lowering springs and the anti-sway bars. That install took a bit longer, closer to 3.5 hours, but still not unreasonable. We took her for a drive, and can't be happier about the results. The ride change is not nearly as bad as I was expecting from being lowered. We set the bars on the softest settings, since we're not out racing (this is my daily driver), but she still handles so much better, and looks a ton better.

I just wanted to thank everyone on here for all of your advice (I've been trolling and occasionally posting since I brought Eva home last month). @scrming and @rtcat600man were instrumental in helping me choose the MRT exhaust, which I just so completely love the sound, feel, and look of.

Jannetty Racing was so helpful with the reviews and posting of the intakes, that I bought my intake from them, and they were great on shipping quickly. I had all my parts less than one week after ordering them all. I love the look, feel, and sound of the Injen CAI, and couldn't be happier.

I pm'ed several people, asking about their experiences with the Eibach kit. Everyone was so helpful in their replies, and in general posts on this forum, regarding the much improved handling, while giving up very little in side comfort. I love the new, more aggressive stance, and the cornering is like night and day.

Again, thank you all for your help with reviews, opinions, and experiences. I've never made modifications to a car before, because I've never had a car that I cared enough to want to improve. I can now say that my baby's performance is complete. Now on to some interior touch ups...

It never ends, does it?

Mods done before I got her:
Vortech V3 Supercharger, full exhaust, high flow cats, LTH, trailing arms, tow rods and anti-sway bars, window tint, body kit - I've since added Drag Radials

Mods Up Next:
Linelock, upgraded air filter, heat shield

Dyno 601 RWHP

8/20/2019 - Purchased from fellow CCOTR member, who purchased from another CCOTR member in 2015

Gone to a new home: Nadia-2014 2SS/RS A6 IBM

Gone to a new home: Eva-2011 2LT/RS M6 IBM Supercharged!
riki3fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:25 PM   #2
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Cool stuff!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:27 PM   #3
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Hello riki3fan,

sorry I was never able to get back to you on your message you sent me. I am not allowed to PM or send messages at this point in time. I am under probation for some spamming I did a while back.

Glad to see that you went with the INJEN and MRT combo. FANTASTIC sound. I have had mine for a year now and still cannot get enough of the sound and need to try it daily just to satisfy my bug.

The Eibach combo is a great set-up for our daily driver. Indeed this is the route to take when looking to keep cost down and still have a good handling combination.

Great job...........

And NO it never ends.

Take a look at my thread for more ideas to help spend your money on........

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77861
Old 04-25-2011, 01:49 PM   #4
riki3fan
Camaro Obsessed

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS Supercharged A6
Send a message via Yahoo to riki3fan
That's okay, @rtcat600man, I figured it was something like that. I got a great deal of information just from the posts you made, and it was all very helpful. I am loving the new sound and feel of my little car. She is just so much fun to drive. So glad I chose the V6 instead of the V8. I'll check it out and see what else I might want to throw on it. My hubby also surprised me this weekend with the strut brace from the verts, so that should be fun. Nice, easy install. He found a good deal on them online, un-polished, which we can handle.

Mods done before I got her:
Vortech V3 Supercharger, full exhaust, high flow cats, LTH, trailing arms, tow rods and anti-sway bars, window tint, body kit - I've since added Drag Radials

Mods Up Next:
Linelock, upgraded air filter, heat shield

Dyno 601 RWHP

8/20/2019 - Purchased from fellow CCOTR member, who purchased from another CCOTR member in 2015

Gone to a new home: Nadia-2014 2SS/RS A6 IBM

Gone to a new home: Eva-2011 2LT/RS M6 IBM Supercharged!
riki3fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:50 PM   #5
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
awesome! Congrats =D
Old 04-25-2011, 01:58 PM   #6
YOUNGnRECKLESS
Building the Beast

Drives: 2010 VR LS3
awesome! once you do one thing you won't want to stop......its addiciting =)
Old 04-25-2011, 02:24 PM   #7
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUNGnRECKLESS View Post
awesome! once you do one thing you won't want to stop......its addiciting =)
Thats for sure, my sig keeps growing! And some of it isn't on there.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:20 PM   #8
Amenti

Drives: 2017 1SS Convertible
Woo! Someone caught the modding bug =)

Congratulations on getting all of your mods installed! I'm thinking of making an Eibach Pro-Plus kit my next mod, followed by rear-end gears.

Appearance Mods: RiderGraphix LS7 Front Fascia Blackout Vinyl, Gill Insert Vinyl, Rear Deck Lid Vinyl (Gloss Black), Gary's Customs Painted Bowties

Coming Soon: BMR Trailing Arms
Amenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:14 PM   #9
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Cool stuff! How'd I miss this thread until today? lol
Old 04-25-2011, 04:22 PM   #10
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
wow, kudo's to you and your hubby for doing the installs! That's part of the fun!
Old 04-25-2011, 04:51 PM   #11
Beauwulf

Drives: '10 LT RS A6 & '04 Acura RSX Type S
Photos?