Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #57
BreakingBad
MAGA

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
looks like it's 2015 for the black boxes, and the second they come out i give it a month before mechanics and hackers figure out how to disable. but alas, it will probably void your warranty too.

i can also see how the state may try to factor that in with your license or insurance somehow.

i'll grab a 2014 SS and hold onto that for a solid 5
BreakingBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #58
lgKido

Drives: 2002 Dodge Ram :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam2011 View Post
You got it, basically there are many ways (most which we don't know of and some we couldn't conceive if we knew about them) in which uncle Sam could monitor over us. Then we volunteer the parts they don't know about on the social networks.

I never get when someone will post on Facebook that they are away on vacation, they give the where and when just in case anyone looking to burglarize their house can do so without distraction.
Bingo......
lgKido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #59
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom_vroom View Post
HTML Code:
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84434&page=2
re post, borrowed from olddog
"This is my distributor in Australia:

Australian Distributor
Jon Andriopoulos
Phone: 0418266288
Fax: 02-46770293

http://www.stbarinc.com/Wheeleze/Wheeleze.htm

His company is at the bottom of the page and if you Google him you will find out he is in the top three in pro racing there not that it matters to this post.

Contact him and ask, he went home to a ticket awaiting him. Better yet, call On Star and tell them you think that your speedometer is inaccurate and see if they will verify your speed and I haven't a clue if they will or won't.

As to the Canadian that did come from one of the forum's which I think was this one.

There is no law suit for giving 'government requested' information to the gov't. Now each country has different laws etc. Sorry, I can not continue this thread because we are just saying the same thing over and over.

I do respect your opinion and your like of the product. More so, I don't ask that you respect my dislike of the same."

could still be a load but someone was willing to verify there personal account. but still could be a load, not too much info about it.
the nevada case is mostly sealed but there is still some foot notes that where made available as to a few details
All I can tell you is he is full of shit.

1 OnStar doesn't even exist in Australia

2. There have been many similar stories like this one about OnStar, they were all bullshit as well

3. OnStar hasn't and will not provide that info to law enforcement. They want to make money, if they started doing that everyone, and I do mean everyone would rip it out of their cars and they would sell 0 Subscriptions.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote