Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-25-2017, 12:52 PM   #15
Sub

Drives: 2017 ZL1
I've installed a bunch of car audio systems, and in my experience, once those clips are used, they will hold the door back on but will almost always be a bit weaker bond and rattle. Do yourself a favor and get a new set of retainer clips for each door.

BTW harbor freight actually sells a decent set of retainer clip removal tools ( red and black handle)
Old 04-25-2017, 05:16 PM   #16
Unbukwarrior

Drives: 1LT 2.0T A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub View Post
I've installed a bunch of car audio systems, and in my experience, once those clips are used, they will hold the door back on but will almost always be a bit weaker bond and rattle. Do yourself a favor and get a new set of retainer clips for each door.

BTW harbor freight actually sells a decent set of retainer clip removal tools ( red and black handle)
Interesting advice! Thanks! Do you think all of them are necessary? I mean every single one. I definitely don't want any rattles.
Unbukwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:01 PM   #17
Sub

Drives: 2017 ZL1
I replace all. It can be pricey at $2-3 each, but I found a bulk order on amazon/ebay once and used them. I like the ones with foam washers in there too (my BMW had these).

Think about whats happening to the retainer - its a relatively soft plastic, being forced by a sharp metal door opening when initially installed, grinding some plastic off in the process, or at least deforming it slightly.. you drive around and over time it wears away further at the inner collar of the retainer.. then you pry the shit out of it to get it off (haha usually have at least one of those), and deform it more... I'd AT LEAST replace the ones that get screwed up when removing... I'm pretty anal and dont mind the cost, so I do them all, and if your goal is to remove rattles, I'd replace them all too.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:35 PM   #18
Unbukwarrior

Drives: 1LT 2.0T A8
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub View Post
I replace all. It can be pricey at $2-3 each, but I found a bulk order on amazon/ebay once and used them. I like the ones with foam washers in there too (my BMW had these).

Think about whats happening to the retainer - its a relatively soft plastic, being forced by a sharp metal door opening when initially installed, grinding some plastic off in the process, or at least deforming it slightly.. you drive around and over time it wears away further at the inner collar of the retainer.. then you pry the shit out of it to get it off (haha usually have at least one of those), and deform it more... I'd AT LEAST replace the ones that get screwed up when removing... I'm pretty anal and dont mind the cost, so I do them all, and if your goal is to remove rattles, I'd replace them all too.
Thanks for the advice definitely will do!
Unbukwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 12:19 AM   #19
cengell

Drives: 2017 2LT Garnet Red
Hi all, I removed both door panels on my 2017 2LT and used those tools to remove the door panels and then took it to a high end car audio shop to have them install my new door speakers and well during the install they put back both door panels and then I asked them did they install the FAST RINGS, no they forgot so both door panels had to come off again so I removed the door panels and then they put them on and took them off and put them back on and when I went to get the car I noticed the door panels were not on right and they blamed me saying I warped both doors panels when I removed them. When I looked closely I can see the panels don't fit close to the door frame and think that maybe either the door panels are warped by me or them or those GM door trim panel retainers no longer are holding the door panel tight to the inside door? In fact, the GM door trim panel retainers near the side mirrors are not all the way in and can see about 1/4 inch gap. What do you think is wrong? Should I just order new GM door trim panel retainers and my GM dealer says there are 3 types and does not know which GM door trim panel retainer part # are, does anyone have the GM # and how many are used, please.

Thanks
Christopher
cengell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 05:27 PM   #20
cengell

Hi all, well after the car was parked in my garage and using a voltmeter the battery voltage was 12v. I understand that it's not always the volts but the current output, so should I see how it's working for a few months or get it replaced?

Thanks
Christopher
Old 04-14-2018, 11:07 AM   #21
P-Nasty

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS hyper blue
Does anyone have the service manual on PDF?
P-Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:56 PM   #22
cengell

Does anyone have the 2017 Camaro Service Manual pdf, I would be glad to share the cost.

Thanks
Christopher