Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-16-2023, 08:31 PM   #1
NiickySaz

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1LT V6
[Newbie] bought a new 2023 1LT, future upgrades.

Hello all from Texas,

New to the forum and my first Camaro. Last time I was remotely close to tinkering with a car was about 18 years ago with a 90 vette(L98), times have changed and I'm still learning the new age of tech lol, please bear with me.(I got a 2014 silverado but still not as fancy as the Camaro)

Anyway got a 2023 1LT V6 Auto. Enjoying the feel of a new car. I love it. Lots of plastic. My intention is just to drive it maybe once or twice a week, average 2k a year sorta deal, my truck is the daily.

I'd like to make it a bit more zippy, possibly gearing, I like Edlebrocks small 1.7 roots supercharger, hoping cost would go down a little once the model discontinues(wishful thinking) small gain of hp, but I like the roots style. I'm aware the exhaust it's what holding me back but I'd wanna keep it stock too.

So either gears or edelbrocks roots(saw overkills procharger) really cool setup too. I'm in no rush for either just would like to hear opinions if anybody has done either, thanks fellas!
Attached Images

Last edited by NiickySaz; 10-03-2023 at 07:10 AM.
NiickySaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 06:33 AM   #2
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiickySaz View Post
Hello all from Texas,

New to the forum and my first Camaro. Last time I was remotely close to tinkering with a car was about 18 years ago with a 90 vette(L98), times have changed and I'm still learning the new age of tech lol, please bear with me.(I got a 2014 silverado but still not as fancy as the Camaro)

Anyway got a 2023 1LT V6 Auto. Enjoying the feel of a new car. I love it. Lots of plastic. My intention is just to drive it maybe once or twice a week, average 2k a year sorta deal, my truck is the daily.

I'd like to make it a bit more zippy, possibly gearing, 3.31's would be perfect. I like Edlebrocks small 1.7 roots supercharger, hoping cost would go down a little once the model discontinues(wishful thinking) small gain of hp, but I like the roots style. I'm aware the exhaust it's what holding me back but I'd wanna keep it stock too.

So either gears or edelbrocks roots(saw overkills procharger) really cool setup too. I'm in no rush for either just would like to hear opinions if anybody has done either, thanks fellas!
Congrats on the new ride - enjoy it!

I wouldn't change anything in that car, at least not right away. At a minimum, drive it until the bumper-to-bumper warranty is no longer valid. Use that time to get really comfortable with the car to know it well before you make any adjustments. That car will deliver a good overall experience for you as it is.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 06:36 AM   #3
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Congrats on the new ride - enjoy it!

I wouldn't change anything in that car, at least not right away. At a minimum, drive it until the bumper-to-bumper warranty is no longer valid. Use that time to get really comfortable with the car to know it well before you make any adjustments. That car will deliver a good overall experience for you as it is.
^^^^ This..!

Congrats on the new ride... Just enjoy it. These cars are amazing machines without changing anything.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 07:01 AM   #4
NiickySaz

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1LT V6
Thanks, I agree a v6 with 330 +/- hp is quite remarkable, the ebrake is kinda throwing me off a bit, generally I'll apply the ebrake first then park, and vise a versa when going to drive(gear then brake.

When the ebrake is applied is the resistance normal? Or the slight push back of the brake pedal normal when the ebrake is engaged?

Last edited by NiickySaz; 08-06-2023 at 08:32 AM.
NiickySaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 07:07 AM   #5
SSShark

Drives: '23 1SS Sharkskin A10
Congrats. Enjoy your new ride. Fun times ahead my friend.
SSShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 07:23 AM   #6
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiickySaz View Post
Thanks, I agree a v6 with 350 +/- hp is quite remarkable, the ebrake is kinda throwing me off a bit, generally I'll apply the ebrake first then park, and vise a versa when going to drive(gear then brake.

When the ebrake is applied is the resistance normal? Or the slight push back of the brake pedal normal when the ebrake is engaged?
Here's some e-brake info that might be useful: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=617631
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote