Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-09-2014, 07:49 AM   #85
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
I'm worried about the exact same thing. I"m debating on selling my beloved SS for a ZL1 and I'm concerned that I will have Buyers Remorse...

Difficult choices
Old 07-09-2014, 07:55 AM   #86
M3hta1
USMC OIF 06-08

Drives: My wife crazy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
I'm worried about the exact same thing. I"m debating on selling my beloved SS for a ZL1 and I'm concerned that I will have Buyers Remorse...

Difficult choices
I haven't even gotten the new 1LE yet and already know I made the right choice. If the ZL1 is what you want, go for it; otherwise you will always hate yourself for not getting what you wanted.

Before doing this I talked about it with my CFO of course. And she said, as long as it doesn't put us over the agreed monthly payment, do what ever makes you happy.
M3hta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:03 AM   #87
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3hta1 View Post
I haven't even gotten the new 1LE yet and already know I made the right choice. If the ZL1 is what you want, go for it; otherwise you will always hate yourself for not getting what you wanted.

Before doing this I talked about it with my CFO of course. And she said, as long as it doesn't put us over the agreed monthly payment, do what ever makes you happy.
I do the same with my family accountant (fiance') lol

I have a small window for a slight increase in monthly payment (got a promotion at work), but finding one that makes me happy is another issue. I can't find the exact one that would make me feel I gave up my SS for the right "one".

I did find one, but its across the country from me. So that won't work lol

But I'm at the cross roads....Cam the SS or upgrade for the ZL1.....and then eventually cam the ZL1 haha
Old 07-09-2014, 08:38 AM   #88
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
I dont understand why the OP didn't just buy the loaded 2SS/RS/1LE in the first place? Why was he deciding between the 2SS/RS vs 1LE when you can have both? He obviously has money for mods and to trade in a new car for another new car. I dont understand why you settled in the first place?
Old 07-09-2014, 09:23 AM   #89
goinggone14

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS / RS
Well the difference in price is made up by the fact that his down payment was the loss on the trade. Clearly you traded your car for one that's lower in value, so the value of the car is less than what you're currently sitting in because you threw away your down payment.

That being said, you got exactly what you wanted without having to pay more than you already have. Seems reasonable for the current situation, provided all the figures are accurate.
goinggone14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:59 AM   #90
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
yea what was the sticker on both cars?

I can't imagaine 2SS/RS 1LE with Recaros, NPP, Nav, Gfx is less than his other 2SS... unless he got one of those $5k wheel packages.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:36 PM   #91
Drumminxx

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
No its a 2SS/RS 1LE with Recaro seats, dual mode exhuast, short throw shifter, nav, and gfx front fascia extension.
Good for you! I should have gotten the Recaro seats but I didn't. Still love the car!
Old 07-09-2014, 01:40 PM   #92
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
They only reason Ive ever seen not to get a 1LE is if you want an auto. I think its silly to have an M6 without the 1LE package, considering all the stuff you get with it for the price. That being said. It is probably NOT worth it now. Dont take a hit on the trade in dude. You will be happier with the recaros, nicer stereo, gadgets, etc, etc. Especially when most aftermarket parts outperform the 1LE parts.

If you are serious about modding, you would be replacing most of what the 1LE package adds on. Wheels, tires, gears, brakes, coilovers or springs, etc, etc, etc. By the time you do that, most of the 1LE parts are gone.

And the 1LE isnt a collector or prestegious name or anything, its just a track pack. You would simply be choosing factory performance over aftermarket, which usually isnt the best decision, if you want to race.

My 2 cents.

EDIT

Saw your post, good job on the trade in dude!
Old 07-09-2014, 01:49 PM   #93
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Actually, I just got back from the dealer. They have found 1 1LE. I have positive equity on my current camaro due to a decent down payment. With that being said. The price difference for the new 2014 1LE is ding ding ding ---$12. This is mainly due to the 0% Financing and trade in value of the 2SS/RS.

I am just waiting on the dealer that has the car to do the crappy key job and send her on the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by invaderzim View Post
Riiiight.... I'm going to go ahead and let the ones that don't know basic math go ahead and believe that one. But hey. It's your money. Definitely don't have to go on the internet and explain what you do with it.
Quote:
So a loan for 78 months at 3.2% is $568.68 per month.
$3,000 positive equity on the car
New loan is 72 months at 0% at $555.57

I am no mathematician but that is $13.11 off by $1
Not to give you an inordinately hard time but, when you post this type of thing on most forums, people will often question, criticize and / or praise you for making this move.

Is this the "new" math you're using to compute those numbers? There is a reason math teachers ask students to "show your work" when solving math problems, because, obviously, we're only getting "some" of your story:

You didn't tell us the "out the door" cost of your 2SS (selling price, dealer fees, tax, tags and possible cost of extended warranty you may have purchased).

You didn't tell us how much you put down on your 2SS to begin with.

You didn't tell us whether you made any payments on your 2SS.

We don't need to know the finance rate on your loan for the 2SS. It's completely irrelevant.

You didn't tell us the selling price of your new 1LE (trade-in value, taxes, tags).

$3k positive equity sounds good, but, basically, you lost money. There is NO WAY to have positive equity without losing money as the car automatically depreciates. If you made any payments, that's a loss as well.

No one here begrudges you of your desire, willingness and ability to buy a 1LE but there are a lot of questions as to your rationale when you allegedly "researched for months", according to your OP.

If you won't provide cold hard numbers, we'll just chalk your decision up to "voodoo economics".
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:06 PM   #94
invaderzim

Drives: 45th SS, '12 ducati 1199 on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba View Post
Not to give you an inordinately hard time but, when you post this type of thing on most forums, people will often question, criticize and / or praise you for making this move.

Is this the "new" math you're using to compute those numbers? There is a reason math teachers ask students to "show your work" when solving math problems, because, obviously, we're only getting "some" of your story:

You didn't tell us the "out the door" cost of your 2SS (selling price, dealer fees, tax, tags and possible cost of extended warranty you may have purchased).

We don't need to know the finance rate on your loan for the 2SS. It's completely irrelevant.

You didn't tell us the selling price of your new 1LE (trade-in value, taxes, tags).

$3k positive equity sounds good, but, basically, you lost money. There is NO WAY to have positive equity without losing money as the car automatically depreciates. If you made any payments, that's a loss as well.

No one here begrudges you of your desire, willingness and ability to buy a 1LE but there are a lot of questions as to your rationale when you allegedly "researched for months", according to your OP.

If you won't provide cold hard numbers, we'll just chalk your decision up to "voodoo economics".
I already did the math for everyone here using the numbers he gave. You can get everything but the original total OTD which would tell you what he put down. He did say he bought the car on the 5th of last month and hadn't made a payment yet. And it is totally voodoo economics. Using his numbers, they gave him $43K for his trade in and sold him a 1LE 2ss loaded for $43k as well. He only owed $40k so he only financed $40k as well. Basically he just swapped cars is what he's claiming. That's a hell of a dealer and he's a hell of a negotiator.
invaderzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:18 PM   #95
Decepticon1069

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1 LT
[QUOTE=Muscle Car Lover;7800440]You can get the 1LE handling stuff from GM and get it installed at dealer. It's not cheap $$$.

I agree. You can buy the 1LE suspension package, 3.91 gear, and even the Hurst short throw shifter if you want right from GM, and the dealer can install them. Unless the dealer is going to take the car back for the same price you paid, you'd be stupid not to do that. You'd lose waaay more doing the trade vs. buying parts.
Decepticon1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:32 PM   #96
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
What part of NC you in OP? No way I could make a move on a new Camaro right now knowing how close we are to seeing the 6th gen.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:18 PM   #97
Galts Disciple

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS (2SS, M6)
What's the sales tax in NC? Siri tells me it's 4.75% so that's $1900 to the state on a $40K purchase. And a month later another $1900. Bummer.
Galts Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:24 PM   #98
M3hta1
USMC OIF 06-08

Drives: My wife crazy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba View Post

Yeah no biggie. I made a mistake and dealing with it. I did take a hit on the trade in as expected. I posted obscure numbers that were rounded for a reason.
M3hta1 is offline   Reply With Quote