Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-06-2017, 09:32 AM   #1
Koomie

Drives: 2018 1SS
Camaro going to the shop for the first time

Over the past couple weeks I've noticed that when I'm hard on the throttle, it seems like my Camaro was spinning the rear wheels and was shuttering and shaking like it had 'axle hop'.....
Of course the 6th gen doesn't have a solid axle in the rear, but I just figured the road surface was causing this to occur.

Yesterday, I got back from a 8 day trip out of town and as soon as I got in my 2016 V-6 1LT I started the car and the engine felt like it had some resistance on it coming from the torque converter/transmission. I put the car in reverse to back out of my parking spot and I could hear it slipping then it finally kicked into reverse. When I put it in drive and drove out of the parking lot, any acceleration that was higher than 2500 RPM would make the car shutter and vibrate almost like it was 'axle hopping' or spinning it's wheels as I mentioned previously. The traction control light does not come on when this occurs and there is currently no check engine light on. I was able to get it home by feathering the accelerator all the way home as to not cause any more grinding and slippage.

This is very upsetting coming from my brand new 5 month old camaro with 10K miles on the clock. I'll be calling the dealer today.
Koomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:33 AM   #2
Koomie

Drives: 2018 1SS
I should also note that it's a A8.
Koomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:05 AM   #3
Drags1998

Drives: 15 SilveradoLTZ,162SSVert BlazerRS
I understand that there has been a few torque converter problems, Sometimes cured with a "reprograming". Good Luck!!!
Drags1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:15 AM   #4
Red Devil's Rebel

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS V6/A8
Check out this thread, may be of help...
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=479194