Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-22-2024, 08:19 PM   #1
rvarnadojr

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro 2SS Krypton Green
I couldn’t find a Nitrous Sticky and I tried searching….

Sorry if this is a double post. Can someone point me in the right direction to help me with my build. I don’t know anything about Nitrous but I’m ready to learn, carefully.

From what I can find so far the homie Jorge with the White Camaro was very detailed…

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=570965

In his case though he went with a standalone fuel system.

I’m just full bolt on with e85 A8 trans.

Aside from the

MSD kit ( I have the intake)

Purge kit

What else are the nice to haves and got to haves.

Lastly sorry if this was covered anywhere else you can always just point me to that thread bc obviously my search game is trash then.

Best,
rvarnadojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 10:08 AM   #2
jlaudio11

Drives: Chevy Camaro
There are layers to it. You need to understand how to use nitrous, like you generally want to be above 3000 rpm before spraying a substantial shot. The massive torque spike before this can break things in a hurry. It is up to you how many redundancies or safeties you want. Then you need to be able to tune or have a tuner modify your existing tune to safely spray the nitrous. The big common thing is pulling timing for the amount of nitrous you plan to spray. The other part is the torque model which dictates the transmissions shifting characteristics.
'94 Camaro Z28 6mt cc306 cam, 4:10's, longtubes with x pipe, getting an engine rebuild
jlaudio11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 08:40 AM   #3
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
If planning anything more than a 150 shot you really should consider a progressive controller so it doesn't hit so hard when activated. You are going to need colder plugs, Non projected tip BR7 NGK, and a Low side fuel system. I believe you can run the LPE LNC-2 timing retard box if you don't want to have the timing pulled all the time. There might be a table in the ECM that will allow timing pull when Nitrous activates but I haven't really explored that option on these cars. One thing to keep in mind is Lean and less timing is better than rich and too much timing.

In the end you would enjoy something like a ECS or Procharger P1x kit more. Nitrous is a PITA on a streetcar unless you make enough power on motor that you seldom need to use it. Jorge car was a prime example. He was always running out of Juice but it ran good.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 02:42 AM   #4
ZL1C7

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE 10SPD/2015 SS 427 Man
We ran 10.33 134MPH on a LT1 stock motor/10spd thru cats on a 150 shot. We used LNC controller and a standalone fuel system and otherwise stock fuel system. I've been using Nitrous for over 30 years and it's not for everyone. My suggestion would be to use a good controller that has safeties built in for low fuel and bottle pressure at a minimum. I use W/B sensors on both banks. At 100-150 Hp level progressive is not really needed. You can run a longer line from the solenoid to the plate if you want it to hit softer, I run a 2ft line for supersoft and a 6inch inch when I want to be aggressive.