Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-12-2017, 10:27 AM   #15
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
Finally, something on you-tube worth watching!

Any chance you will be doing a 4 wire conversion from a factory harness? I would love to see that in detail !!
I would, but the harness I completed quite a while ago. At the time it was kind of a pain in the butt because my donor engine/trans/harness came from a 2008 G8GT, and the G8 harness is quite a bit different from most of the other harnesses and was pretty undocumented, but after staring at several other wiring guides, and harness diagrams I was able to figure it out. Granted it's still untested, I don't see why it won't work.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 03:25 PM   #16
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Damn Jason just damn on that video preview...

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:45 PM   #17
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Hey, where is today's video?
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
race, religion, sex, sexual preferences, handicaps, or intellectual abilities.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:51 PM   #18
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

He's working on it.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 12-15-2017, 08:10 PM   #19
Jason@JacFab

Its uploading now, about 75% done.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:24 PM   #20
Jason@JacFab

Here is episode 2 in all it's glory. There is still an edit in progress, so you will see the initial upload until the edit is finished processing. Just doing some trimming still.

Anyway, I won't spoil the surprise for you on how the results of the sock recirculation valve vs mine turn out, but let's just say, you will be amazed!
Old 12-15-2017, 11:06 PM   #21
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

GasFab is the new inside joke.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:46 AM   #22
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Dude, you are the beard of knowledge. I absolutely love and appreciate all the work that you do. What kind of performance gains do you think this will produce? Would you see any gains on a stock tune? You are a mad man. Keep up the good work.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 11:56 AM   #23
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@ View Post
Thanks, be sure to subscribe, I've got an LFX project I will be sharing soon. Not real sure if I will get into the LGX or not. Not much room for me to do anything there since gm changed it so much from the LFX.

I kinda quit drinking... So all you'll see moving forward is car tech, me building or machining things or vlogs about tech/cars building things...

But those were good times for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uce, I subscribed the minute the video started and it was about fabrication and machining!

its been said many times in the suspension forum....but this site should have a Fabrication/Machining forum. a lot of talented people here that can create...

also, @ 9:55....if that was what I think it was....AWESOME!!!!

Edit: just finished the vid. amazing. with boosted cars, that leak issue I've always heard of it on certain cars. the fact you just more or less exposed the problem and have a solution to make sure the boost you are commanding is being supplied without extra heat and on a more precise spec...no doubt some of the LTG guys will be in the 11's come 2018 with very few mods. purely amazing!

looking forward to the LFX project as well. maybe theres something i can apply to the LGX. gonna try and tinker and do some stuff to see if I can get my 13.4 into the 12's by the end of 2018 when the autoX seasons ends.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant

Last edited by PolynesianPowerhouse; 12-16-2017 at 12:27 PM.
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 02:16 PM   #24
BomberCamaro

Drives: 2017 Camaro I4T/2002 Camaro Z/28
Hey Jason, I think your stock bypass valve is leaking at 9:55. You should replace that with a JacFab unit and see how that works. Great video man, excited to see more!

Follow my mod journey!

So far... 20x9.5 Curva Concepts C-300, Injen 7300 CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM charge pipe, 67mm TB, ZZP tune, Snow meth injection, muffler delete, RPI Designs front splitter, black SS spoiler, tinted windows, black bowties, and driver mod.

Instagram- @Arctic_Blast_Camaro
BomberCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 06:16 PM   #25
turbojeep95

Drives: 17 Camaro lt, 22 Camaro LT1
Nice work! Can't wait to see the finished product on the car.
turbojeep95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 06:25 PM   #26
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
Uce, I subscribed the minute the video started and it was about fabrication and machining!

its been said many times in the suspension forum....but this site should have a Fabrication/Machining forum. a lot of talented people here that can create...

also, @ 9:55....if that was what I think it was....AWESOME!!!!

Edit: just finished the vid. amazing. with boosted cars, that leak issue I've always heard of it on certain cars. the fact you just more or less exposed the problem and have a solution to make sure the boost you are commanding is being supplied without extra heat and on a more precise spec...no doubt some of the LTG guys will be in the 11's come 2018 with very few mods. purely amazing!

looking forward to the LFX project as well. maybe theres something i can apply to the LGX. gonna try and tinker and do some stuff to see if I can get my 13.4 into the 12's by the end of 2018 when the autoX seasons ends.
2.0tgodfather's car has already been 11's with the stock leaky valve.
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
race, religion, sex, sexual preferences, handicaps, or intellectual abilities.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:29 PM   #27
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Good stuff!!
Old 12-16-2017, 08:41 PM   #28
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
2.0tgodfather's car has already been 11's with the stock leaky valve.
well damn, I stand corrected!

last I saw were the 12.5's.

guess yall are huntin for 10's now! #GetIt!!

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote