Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 07-27-2014, 10:33 PM   #1
geforce

Drives: 2010 SS1 LS3
dynotune.com

Hi. had a question I have a 2010 ss1 sl3 Camaro has about 12,000 miles on it, I ask my local dealer if they could instill long tube headers and I was told yes. its been about 2 months now and I put about 450 miles on the car since the installation of dynatech supermaxx headers with high flow cats o2 extensions hooked up to facture exhaust. I got a check engine light that came on about a week ago so after reading here I thought it was time to tune the car made a appointment at Kennedy's Dynotunein August. here is the question the engine light came on about a week ago for 3 days then it just want away as long as the engine light stays off can I skip the tune or does it really make a difference. Lt headers high flow cats / Cold Air Inductions (CAI) and elite engineering catch can have been added all around the same time about 2 month ago. Thanks for any insight

Last edited by geforce; 07-27-2014 at 10:52 PM. Reason: mistake
geforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:17 PM   #2
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
If it's coming on and off it's probably just the O2's not heating up fast enough sometimes. If it runs fine and your dealer installed it no worries on inspections and warranty work if it needs to be done but the tune will definately wake the car up more.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:46 PM   #3
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
2010 1SS LS3 - the way you had it looked weird this is the more accepted way. Seems like your dealer is pretty nice. The light that is coming on is not a big issue. Express your concern to your dealer and Maybe the dealer can do something about the light and keep it off. I've heard dealers doing this to cars.
And with headers a tune does make a difference.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:04 AM   #4
geforce

Thanks guys seen the engine light come on and first thought after ready here to have it tuned out because passing inspection in the future but then it want out and has not been back on since. car sounds great with the long tubes (: Thanks again
Old 07-28-2014, 09:30 AM   #5
J-vette

Drives: '14 1le
Did the dealer tune for the headers? You should take it back so they can see what the code was for.
J-vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:26 PM   #6
geforce

no didn't call the dealer was going to. I just got the engine light that came on also onstar sent me a email telling me there was a Emissions System issue I was going to call the dealer but the engine light just want away and has not came back on. hoping it will stay that way. the headers were ceramic coated not a mechanic but was hoping with most of the heat going through the mufflers that it would take care of the o2 issue. really want to get the car tuned even though the car runs great but reading here seem like the thing to do.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:44 PM   #7
Phail

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS M6 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geforce View Post
Last edited by geforce; Yesterday at 09:52 PM. Reason: mistake
And thats the edited version folks! Ouch!
Phail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:44 AM   #8
Kelly@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by geforce View Post
Hi. had a question I have a 2010 ss1 sl3 Camaro has about 12,000 miles on it, I ask my local dealer if they could instill long tube headers and I was told yes. its been about 2 months now and I put about 450 miles on the car since the installation of dynatech supermaxx headers with high flow cats o2 extensions hooked up to facture exhaust. I got a check engine light that came on about a week ago so after reading here I thought it was time to tune the car made a appointment at Kennedy's Dynotunein August. here is the question the engine light came on about a week ago for 3 days then it just want away as long as the engine light stays off can I skip the tune or does it really make a difference. Lt headers high flow cats / Cold Air Inductions (CAI) and elite engineering catch can have been added all around the same time about 2 month ago. Thanks for any insight
It will keep going on and off until it's tuned, so hang onto your appointment.

Not to mention, the dyno tune will make the most of the mods you have so definitely worth it.
Kelly@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:59 AM   #9
geforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly@PCMofNC View Post
It will keep going on and off until it's tuned, so hang onto your appointment.

Not to mention, the dyno tune will make the most of the mods you have so definitely worth it.
Thank you

Tags
wrong subforum