Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-23-2016, 09:24 PM   #15
rosatelg

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS Black
Cam Fifty, you're right forums = life. What was I thinking. It's trolls like you who turn people off to forums. Did you really have nothing better to do than put that post together?

You weren't even in the discussion, but again no big deal.

While you're trolling maybe you can help me with another problem. I've run out of rocks for my abacus. Are there any new inventions to help with adding? Taking my socks off to use my toes to count isn't working either. Thanks man!

Delivered on: 9/8/16
rosatelg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 09:28 PM   #16
rosatelg

Oh, in case you're bored tonight here's another thread that you can use those google skills on... another dope asking about a topic that's been discussed 1000 times.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=473325

Old 11-24-2016, 01:00 AM   #17
Meteorma

Drives: Camaro ss
I disconnected my battery and let the car sit cause i didn't like how it was shifting hoping that would reset some stuff and nope , but what it did do was lose all the settings ... so after a freak out of turning the car on and of like 12 times and forum searching i gave up and said awww hell off to the dealership tomorrow , but to my delight the settings came back the next morning
Meteorma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 07:22 AM   #18
Keifer
Summit White 2SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS, 2018 Tahoe
I posted this in the original thread, but I'll put it here, too.

The problem can occur if the vehicle is asleep (control modules asleep) and you do something to wake up the vehicle, like enter the vehicle from the passenger door (perhaps to place something in your vehicle) and then close the door. Certain control modules wake up when you open the passenger door and then start to go back to sleep after you close the door and walk away. If you return and enter through the driver door maybe 1-2 minutes later and start the vehicle everything in the vehicle wakes up. It's a software anomaly when certain modules start to go to sleep and then wake up again. You can probably replicate it if you follow those steps. Happened to me once also.

It will fix itself at the next ignition cycle (if the vehicle goes to sleep).

Last edited by Keifer; 02-01-2017 at 02:15 PM.
Keifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 09:03 AM   #19
rosatelg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keifer View Post
I posted this in the original thread, but I'll put it here, too.

The problem can occur if the vehicle is asleep (control modules asleep) and you enter the vehicle from the passenger door (perhaps to place something in your vehicle) and then close the door. Certain control modules wake up when you open the passenger door and then start to go back to sleep after you close the door and walk away. If you return and enter through the driver door maybe 1-2 minutes later and start the vehicle everything in the vehicle wakes up. It's a software anomaly when certain modules start to go to sleep and then wake up again. You can probably replicate it if you follow those steps. Happened to me once also.

It will fix itself at the next ignition cycle (if the vehicle goes to sleep).

Keifer, thanks for dropping that in this thread. It all makes sense now. There are days that I go in from the drivers door to put my bag on the front seat. Have to switch to the rear seat behind me to avoid the issue.

Happy Thanksgiving to all too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-24-2016, 09:12 AM   #20
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Thank you for posting this as I am a new member and was not aware others were having this issue. My friend thought I was getting senile when I tried to show him the driving modes when I got my 2SS 3 weeks ago and they were not there. I also had an Issue with my MyLink infotainment when my media USB songs would play at a very low volume. XM SIRUS was fine but my USB songs played at a very low volume. When I switched between the two XM blared. Restarted the car and it was back to normal except I have some partial characters on my screen. I also lost favorites I had stored from the USB but other favorites stayed. Not impressed with the performance of MyLink so far.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 05:22 PM   #21
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM-FIFTY View Post
A little handy tip when forum search is not working (or like me you can do it all the time), just go to google dot com and type first word as camaro6 and then your topic. Google searches thru Camaro6 pages first and shows you those results before showing other websites. See this snippet:

[IMAGE DELETED]
Excellent post CAM-FIFTY. I do that all the time. The forum search feature is very buggy. Seems it can't search for more than one or two words so asking a question will get the Error Page every time.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 05:36 PM   #22
Genesis7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
So you did not know that?

Genesis7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 05:38 PM   #23
Genesis7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
So you did not know that?

Genesis7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 06:19 PM   #24
DefianceDan
VroomVroom

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
Not sure about the passenger side door theory, but mine will do it every single time I use the remote start on my key fob - and is the only time I've noticed it happen.
Old 11-28-2016, 06:22 PM   #25
CAM-FIFTY

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosatelg View Post
Cam Fifty, you're right forums = life. What was I thinking. It's trolls like you who turn people off to forums. Did you really have nothing better to do than put that post together?

You weren't even in the discussion, but again no big deal.

While you're trolling maybe you can help me with another problem. I've run out of rocks for my abacus. Are there any new inventions to help with adding? Taking my socks off to use my toes to count isn't working either. Thanks man!
WOW, just wow...

it was a simple tip to improve your experience of this forum, take it or leave it like others....or be salty...
CAM-FIFTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 06:23 PM   #26
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefianceDan View Post
Not sure about the passenger side door theory, but mine will do it every single time I use the remote start on my key fob - and is the only time I've noticed it happen.
Same here, never a pass door situation for me.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 06:34 PM   #27
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper16 View Post
Excellent post CAM-FIFTY. I do that all the time. The forum search feature is very buggy. Seems it can't search for more than one or two words so asking a question will get the Error Page every time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM-FIFTY View Post
WOW, just wow...

it was a simple tip to improve your experience of this forum, take it or leave it like others....or be salty...
CAM-FIFTY - Your original post should be made into a sticky (how about it mods?).
Google does well with questions. The forum search engine does not.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 06:55 PM   #28
Keifer
Summit White 2SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS, 2018 Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefianceDan View Post
Do you notice it after a remote start but the vehicle stops running (after 10 minutes) and then you enter the vehicle soon after is stops? I can see that possibly happening because the issue is induced when some module is in process of going to sleep and wakes back up. (I'm not sure which module it is. I suspect the BCM).