Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-18-2017, 11:40 AM   #1
Sub

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Left foot pain

Occasionally I will get pain in the arch of my left foot. I naturally assumed it was my shoes but it only happens in the car.. turns out that its the left thigh bolster - it pinches some nerve or something when I am touching it with any sort of force. If I angle my front seat edge more downwards, and shift my legs a little right, it seems to go away. But this seating position is not ideal for me.

Has anyone encountered this issue and found another random fix?! I was thinking maybe twisting the seat slightly towards the door (with washers or something on the attachment points) would help?!
Old 03-18-2017, 02:12 PM   #2
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Sounds like you are compressing your left sciatic nerve, with referred pain along the L5 dermatome which includes the bottom of the foot. You need to redistribute the pressure. There are special cushions you can buy, but you might just be able to roll up a small towel or cut a piece of memory foam from an old pillow. Play around with it and see what works. You are in luck in that this (sciatica) is one of the top 5 medical complaints in America, with oodles of products on the market to alleviate symptoms.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 03:13 PM   #3
Wolvie70

Drives: 2016 2SS, Summit White, A8, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub View Post
Occasionally I will get pain in the arch of my left foot. I naturally assumed it was my shoes but it only happens in the car.. turns out that its the left thigh bolster - it pinches some nerve or something when I am touching it with any sort of force. If I angle my front seat edge more downwards, and shift my legs a little right, it seems to go away. But this seating position is not ideal for me.

Has anyone encountered this issue and found another random fix?! I was thinking maybe twisting the seat slightly towards the door (with washers or something on the attachment points) would help?!
Do you have the vitesse throttle controller? It causes lots of issues.
Wolvie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 03:23 PM   #4
Oldfart

Drives: Silverado, V-70 R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvie70 View Post
Oldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:16 PM   #5
Flashpoint135

Drives: 2016 SS
Also, make sure you have nothing in your pockets. Sounds silly, but a wallet or comb can put pressure on the wrong place and make your leg or foot hurt. I never had any issue with other cars but the Camaro seats fit differently. I had to put everything from my pockets in the console and then everything was fine.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:52 PM   #6
Frank237

Drives: Kubota 2640, 83 BMW R-65, 2017 1 SS
Back in 2010 I bought a new VW GTI. LOVED the car, but the factory seats, HATED me. Somewhat the same issue, sciatic pain from the front of the seat being too high as well as too HARD. I was fine on a short trip, say under an hour...anything longer was an issue. The seat would cut off my circulation, so I'd angle myself, which then hurt my back.

In the 90's we had an entire issue of Crown Vic cop cars with seats that were too soft. Broke down within months. All sorts of issues for the Troopers. We found an upholsterer who expertly cut , harder foam and built new seat foam for each Trooper. Wonder if You couldn't find someone similar.

Hope You get it figured out, sciatic pain is no treat. Good Luck.
Frank237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:17 PM   #7
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub View Post

Anxiety.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:44 AM   #8
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Keep it out of track mode and go to tour mode.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:40 AM   #9
Sub

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
LOL, no I don't.

Thanks for the (very detailed!) info guys. I appreciate the input. Its good to know I'm not crazy! I've changed the angle of my seat and that seems to be working.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:01 PM   #10
trueraiderfan17

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A-10
Quote:
trueraiderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 02:12 PM   #11
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Lol

Quote:
gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote