Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-13-2018, 07:20 PM   #29
2.0t_godfather

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2.0t
Matt can some times be misinterpreted. That can be magnified with the emails and non-face to face contact. He is actually a really nice guy and genuinely cares about what he is doing. Nothing is ever 100% perfect, but he tries hard to get to 99.9%. If there was an actual problem with a tune or anything else for that matter, he would have done his best to take care of the situation. We've discussed the dyno situations in other posts. The real indicator is what the car does at the track. It's safe to say no one has more knowledge or experience than Zzp on the LTG or any ecotec platform for that matter. I'm not responding to this as a "fanboy" or anything else. I genuinely think of these guys as friends and know many of them personally. They really are a good crew that is passionate about making lame shit go fast.
2.0t_godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:27 PM   #30
6th_gen_gino

Drives: 2016 camaro 2.0t gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.0t_godfather View Post
Matt can some times be misinterpreted. That can be magnified with the emails and non-face to face contact. He is actually a really nice guy and genuinely cares about what he is doing. Nothing is ever 100% perfect, but he tries hard to get to 99.9%. If there was an actual problem with a tune or anything else for that matter, he would have done his best to take care of the situation. We've discussed the dyno situations in other posts. The real indicator is what the car does at the track. It's safe to say no one has more knowledge or experience than Zzp on the LTG or any ecotec platform for that matter. I'm not responding to this as a "fanboy" or anything else. I genuinely think of these guys as friends and know many of them personally. They really are a good crew that is passionate about making lame shit go fast.
In no way am I against zzp, I do agree they have been around longer than anyone and I will continue to purchase their performance products, just not their tune. I have their downpipe and it is a piece of work
6th_gen_gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:12 AM   #31
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee0919 View Post
ZZP definitely has the consensus here as the best choice which is why I'm going that route.

I do wish there was someone reasonably local though....I have at least 3 tuning shops I've worked with in the past that want nothing to do with either the Ecoboost or the 2.0t Camaro. Pretty disappointing but at least when I had the Mustang I had plenty of aftermarket handheld options. SCT really woke that car up.

Why so few handheld options for the 2.0t?
ZZP is less than 3 hours from Chicago. Heck, I can make it from the O'Hare airport area to Grattan (Road Course just north of ZZP) in less than 3 hours. I'm pretty sure ZZP does Saturday tuning by appointment if you really feel the need to have a dyno tune. Otherwise, I believe their 'mail-order' tuning works as such... They send you the file to upload w/ HPT cable, you upload, you data log, they revise, you upload customized tune. Which is better than a dyno tune in my book. You will have much more data by driving the car around than just making a few WOT rips on a dyno.
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
race, religion, sex, sexual preferences, handicaps, or intellectual abilities.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:16 AM   #32
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_gen_gino View Post
In no way am I against zzp, I do agree they have been around longer than anyone and I will continue to purchase their performance products, just not their tune. I have their downpipe and it is a piece of work
Really? Cause you've been shitting on them pretty consistently lately. That would definitely fall in the 'against' column.

I agree with Steve. If you were unhappy, you should have let them know and given them the opportunity to resolve the matter. You made the decision to have someone else retune and incurred extra cost that could have possibly been avoided.
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
Old 02-16-2018, 12:32 AM   #33
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
ZZP is a good start but what your buying from them is effectively a datalogged tune based from computer readings and then they make safe adjustments to give you a bump. Unless your on the dyno with them it's not gonna be the same tune because they can't in good safe conscience make some adjustments without being in the car feeling and looking at it in real time otherwise you get what we've seen with other canned tunes. Blown pistons, blown engines the list goes on.

This isn't a slight against ZZP they are awesome and wether everything i said was right or not figuratively. I'm sure they get the idea i was trying to get across.
Dude. So wrong. ZZP is nothing like a 'canned' tune. By sending logs back and receiving revisions, it's just like having someone sitting in the passenger seat. They know EXACTLY what is happening with the car via datalogs.

Where do you think a dyno tuner is getting their information from? They get it from a datalog. You can't possibly watch all the data yourself in real time. Unless you're Neo from The Matrix...
Old 02-16-2018, 03:07 AM   #34
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
Dude. So wrong. ZZP is nothing like a 'canned' tune. By sending logs back and receiving revisions, it's just like having someone sitting in the passenger seat. They know EXACTLY what is happening with the car via datalogs.

Where do you think a dyno tuner is getting their information from? They get it from a datalog. You can't possibly watch all the data yourself in real time. Unless you're Neo from The Matrix...
Totally missed my point but that's ok.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 04:37 PM   #35
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Totally missed my point but that's ok.
I see your point as lumping ZZP in with other 'canned' tunes ala Diablo, RPM, etc. If I'm incorrect, then tell me.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:16 PM   #36
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
I see your point as lumping ZZP in with other 'canned' tunes ala Diablo, RPM, etc. If I'm incorrect, then tell me.
Hah you know better then thatt lumping anyone in with RPM is a sin to the highest degree but recent info. aside I'll take a dyno tune or road tune with the tuner physically in the car over an E-mail adjustment anyday wether the datalog is thorough or not isnt the question but it won't show everything like physically driving and being in the car will.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 02-17-2018, 02:39 PM   #37
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Quote:
Hah you know better then thatt lumping anyone in with RPM is a sin to the highest degree but recent info. aside I'll take a dyno tune or road tune with the tuner physically in the car over an E-mail adjustment anyday wether the datalog is thorough or not isnt the question but it won't show everything like physically driving and being in the car will.
You are right. A Dyno tune or Street tune is the only way to go.
A Dyno tune is great for guys looking for max Power, but
a Street tune can really work out daily drive ability characteristics.
The way ZZP does their remote tuning is no different than having your tuner in the passenger seat. As long as YOU have have the ability to articulate issues or concerns with the car, there is no reason email tune adjustments would yield any less results, than a tuner riding in the car!! Unfortunately for 6th_gen_gino , he was not able to make that part of the remote tuning process materialize.
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 06:59 PM   #38
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
You are right. A Dyno tune or Street tune is the only way to go.
A Dyno tune is great for guys looking for max Power, but
a Street tune can really work out daily drive ability characteristics.
The way ZZP does their remote tuning is no different than having your tuner in the passenger seat. As long as YOU have have the ability to articulate issues or concerns with the car, there is no reason email tune adjustments would yield any less results, than a tuner riding in the car!! Unfortunately for 6th_gen_gino , he was not able to make that part of the remote tuning process materialize.
Atleast he found a tuner who knows their shit and has his car working great now.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:43 AM   #39
vaspen

Drives: 2017 l4 blue 6speed
Anyone that's personally seen Matt knows to not cross him built like a shit brick house haha xD
He really is a great dude tho but u gata remember hes packed with work like crazy
vaspen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 12:50 AM   #40
6th_gen_gino

Drives: 2016 camaro 2.0t gray
Quote:
Atleast he found a tuner who knows their shit and has his car working great now.
That's honestly all that matters to me at this point
6th_gen_gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 12:11 PM   #41
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_gen_gino View Post
That's honestly all that matters to me at this point
That's all that should matter to anyone honestly find a tuner you trust and use them. We don't have a ton of options outside the 5 companies that email tune i mean we have IPF, TRIFECTA, RPM, VT and ZZP 2 of those people haven't really used at all to my knkwledge though that's limited to on here and IG. RPM is enuff said already and it boils down to VT and ZZP after that pick your direction. So getting a reliably good local tuner even with those companies isn't a bad idea besides if your using hptuners i don't think they can lock your pcm remotely so getting small immediate adjustments at other tuner shops you trust is an option.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:18 PM   #42
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
Quote:
Best tune out there currently is ZZP. Hands down.
Its sad you feel that disclaimer is necessary.