Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 11-07-2022, 10:13 PM   #43
Bandit66

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Run flats and I have AAA plus with up to 100 miles free tow. I also do keep a few cans of fix a flat in the trunk
Bandit66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 01:18 AM   #44
Pickles

Drives: Audi RS3
Well, in Aussie, we have some very isolated areas, large distances etc, with tow truck assistance being extremely unlikely, so if you shredded a tire, or were unable to plug your tire, you'd have a real problem. I don't own a ZL1 yet, but before I ventured into country areas, I'd definitely want a full sized spare in the boot, but as I've mentioned, then if it's a rear wheel, where are you going to stow it?..Has anyone stored a rear ZL1 wheel & tire in the boot (trunk to you guys!) or been able to place it in the rear seat area?
Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 07:55 PM   #45
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Have a steel rim/tire off a 2013 1LS in the trunk with a small floor jack , a plug kit and the compressor goop combo.
When I had my 2014 , I drove an 80 mile commute into the city daily, where scrap trucks would occasionally litter the road and leave nails and other goodies on the freeway.
Always tried to stay one step ahead of them . Never turned it loose .
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 11:04 PM   #46
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Well, in Aussie, we have some very isolated areas, large distances etc, with tow truck assistance being extremely unlikely, so if you shredded a tire, or were unable to plug your tire, you'd have a real problem. I don't own a ZL1 yet, but before I ventured into country areas, I'd definitely want a full sized spare in the boot, but as I've mentioned, then if it's a rear wheel, where are you going to stow it?..Has anyone stored a rear ZL1 wheel & tire in the boot (trunk to you guys!) or been able to place it in the rear seat area?
I remember a movie about this...

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 08:35 AM   #47
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
What does everyone do for a spare tire?
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 09:18 AM   #48
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
i make sure i have breakdown cover. any puncture i call them they tow me to a tyre workshop
Old 11-14-2022, 05:09 PM   #49
Pickles

Quote:
There have been many "scenarios" mentioned in this thread, but no one seems to have answered this question as yet, and that question is, if it's the rear ZL1 tire that's punctured and is replaced with the spare wheel option, where can the punctured 305/20 wheel & tire be stored, I've heard it's too big to fit between the front seat & B pillar to gain access for temporary storage in the rear. l've also heard it won't fit in the trunk,...I wouldn't mind if it just "partly" fitted into the trunk "opening", I could easily tie the trunk lid down on top of it, but will it even fit between the lips of the body boot opening, ie, the sides/outlined body space into which the trunk lid fits, visible when the trunk is open?..don't know how else to explain?!! All this is just to make sure I can take the original rim & tire with me, after replacing with a spare,...I sure don't want to leave it on the side of the road.
Pickles.
Old 11-14-2022, 08:12 PM   #50
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
No spare tire here, rather a plugger kit.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 09:38 PM   #51
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
There have been many "scenarios" mentioned in this thread, but no one seems to have answered this question as yet, and that question is, if it's the rear ZL1 tire that's punctured and is replaced with the spare wheel option, where can the punctured 305/20 wheel & tire be stored, I've heard it's too big to fit between the front seat & B pillar to gain access for temporary storage in the rear. l've also heard it won't fit in the trunk,...I wouldn't mind if it just "partly" fitted into the trunk "opening", I could easily tie the trunk lid down on top of it, but will it even fit between the lips of the body boot opening, ie, the sides/outlined body space into which the trunk lid fits, visible when the trunk is open?..don't know how else to explain?!! All this is just to make sure I can take the original rim & tire with me, after replacing with a spare,...I sure don't want to leave it on the side of the road.
Pickles.
Here is a thread on the topic that may help answer your question.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549216
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 11:48 PM   #52
Pickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post
Here is a thread on the topic that may help answer your question.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549216
Thank you Mark for your interest & reply, I appreciate it.
There are various scenarios there, but they don't quite cover my situation, as the tire & wheel is a 305/30 X 20, which is probably a little bit bigger than those mentioned in the thread!
So, what I still want to know, is whether a 305/30 X 20 will fit between the front seat & B pillar, so that it can be temporarily located in the rear seat space whilst a space saver is used following a puncture. I'm fairly certain it will not fit in the trunk!
But once again, thanks for interest, & thanks from Aussie!.
Old 11-15-2022, 05:39 AM   #53
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Thank you Mark for your interest & reply, I appreciate it.
There are various scenarios there, but they don't quite cover my situation, as the tire & wheel is a 305/30 X 20, which is probably a little bit bigger than those mentioned in the thread!
So, what I still want to know, is whether a 305/30 X 20 will fit between the front seat & B pillar, so that it can be temporarily located in the rear seat space whilst a space saver is used following a puncture. I'm fairly certain it will not fit in the trunk!
But once again, thanks for interest, & thanks from Aussie!.
Post #12 says they can fit a 325/30 x 19 in the back seat. That is close to your tire size. You may just need to buy a tire bag and test for yourself to know for sure if it will fit. Good luck!
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 06:36 AM   #54
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
Wish someone would come out with a continental kit to carry a spare. Talk about style.
Gen6cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 03:27 PM   #55
JimmyFD43

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro convertable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6cyl View Post
Wish someone would come out with a continental kit to carry a spare. Talk about style.
LOL...Just saw this...Go to my post...
JimmyFD43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 06:08 PM   #56
DriftR

Drives: 2024 LT1 Camaro
I like being self sufficient and don’t rely on waiting for triple A, a tow truck or slime working. I have my 2024 factory GM take off 20” aluminum wheels with run flats and threw one in the trunk along with a scissor jack. I still have 3 more if there’s anyone on Long Island interested in doing the same and saving shipping.
Attached Images

DriftR is offline   Reply With Quote