Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-22-2015, 05:51 PM   #1
Kami

Drives: Hyundai Sante fe :(
Financing questions.

I know this is a camaro website, but my friend is using my GM supplier discount for a 2015 chevy silverado. This is both of our first time trying to buy cars and we want to what to look for and what to pay when supplier pricing is included. I want to see how his transaction goes so when I get my camaro in the summer I know what to expect, but also I am leasing he is buying.
Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 07:03 PM   #2
Dreng

Drives: 13 Camaro
im sure you have built the silverado he wants on the supplier site to see what it should cost pre incentives (some apply some dont). As far as financing it depends on your credit and more importantly your history with prior car loans.
Dreng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 01:55 AM   #3
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kami View Post
I know this is a camaro website, but my friend is using my GM supplier discount for a 2015 chevy silverado. This is both of our first time trying to buy cars and we want to what to look for and what to pay when supplier pricing is included. I want to see how his transaction goes so when I get my camaro in the summer I know what to expect, but also I am leasing he is buying.
I have used/gave away quite a few GM supplier discounts. First you will need to obtain an authorization number. If it's your account create one or get it from the person that is letting you use one of their authorizations. The best way I have found to work is to go on the supplier website and build your car. All current rebates, incentives, and the discounts are automatically deducted. The website will match your built vehicle as close as possible to a VIN # at the nearest dealership. Print the final cost and walk in dealership and buy your car! You can also just go to the dealer with authorization and let them tell you what your discounts are. Trust me, it's not the way you want to do it. There are some shady dealerships out there. Hope this helps and good luck!!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 11:52 AM   #4
Tushar

Drives: 2016 2SS
Is the supplier pricing applicable to the new camaro yet?
My fiance works for a GM supplier. How do i use her supplier pricing to buy the new camaro? Can i buy it at a dealership or do i need to order it?

2SS Garnet Red
NPP
Automatic
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 12:24 PM   #5
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
My fiance works for a GM supplier. How do i use her supplier pricing to buy the new camaro? Can i buy it at a dealership or do i need to order it?
No supplier for the '16 Camaro yet, probably not at least for a few months.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 12:28 PM   #6
Tushar

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
No supplier for the '16 Camaro yet, probably not at least for a few months.
Thats a bummer!

2SS Garnet Red
NPP
Automatic
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 12:30 PM   #7
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
You can do both, buy off the lot or do a retail order.

The Authorization Number is good for six months and is not vehicle specific.

The sponsor either gets the authorization number from the personnel office (may now be obsolete) or registers on the GM Family First site.

Much easier process these days than it used to be.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 12:43 PM   #8
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
You'll get a code from your wife's HR department, plug that into GM Supplier website when registering a new account, and then yyou can request a certificate that you can then take to the dealer to use on dealer inventory or even an ordered vehicle. Like SSport16 said, currently the Camaro doesn't quality for supplier pricing discounts. Maybe in a month. Maybe in 6.
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 01:06 PM   #9
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Hopefully something changes over the next week or two, but its looking like no discounts are going to be available assuming these hit lots over the next 2 - 4 weeks.
Old 10-23-2015, 05:58 PM   #10
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Hopefully something changes over the next week or two, but its looking like no discounts are going to be available assuming these hit lots over the next 2 - 4 weeks.
Yeah I would hate to miss out on my discount as well. I'm definitely waiting until the discount is available. But will there still be 6th Gen SS left on the lot??
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 06:32 PM   #11
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Generally Program Pricing is available about two or three months after dealers start receiving builds. The new Corvette took almost six months. I suspect the Camaro will fall in between.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 06:54 AM   #12
Kami

Drives: Hyundai Sante fe :(
We went down there yesterday and I guess leasing does not get some of the extra pricing that is shown on the site . Thanks for the input though. Now I think I will try and finance because there is just some BS around leasing.
Kami is offline   Reply With Quote