Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-23-2017, 09:37 AM   #29
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitespeed View Post
Heard back, and he'll honour the dealer discount on a 2018 but doesn't know what, if any, incentives will be available from GM. At the time of my order, they amounted to over $5000. Without that, it's more than I'm willing to spend.

Plus, these cars now seem to be in demand and dealers that have or are getting 1LE's won't even talk about anything below MSRP, even ones my dealer has spoken personally with.
Sorry to hear this OP, thats really upsetting i know and remembering back to late 2012 when I ordered my 1LE I know how excited you are.

As hard as it is to wait, I promise you will be able to get in a 1LE for a price you can afford. Sadly, it just may take a bit longer than you thought.

Cars like this dont sell well in winter months, and there will be cars on lots this time next year that dealers are willing to negotiate on.

The car market is not headed in a good direction at all. That is my prediction anyway.

Good luck man, sincerely hope you get in a 1LE.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:27 AM   #30
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Just heard back from the dealer and he said outright that the car will NOT BE RELEASED FROM QC! UNF'INGBELEIVABLE!
More than likely the car was damaged in transit. I know that doesn't make you feel any better, because the situation totally sucks. But in my experience, that's the only situation where GM will not allow a dealer to take possession of a vehicle being shipped for delivery. Especially if it is a customer order.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:15 PM   #31
sprtplt

Drives: Corvette
Quote:
Just heard back from the dealer and he said outright that the car will NOT BE RELEASED FROM QC! UNF'INGBELEIVABLE!
Your car was never ordered.
sprtplt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:33 PM   #32
SixgenSix

Drives: 2020 SHOCK SS 1LE
I never ordered a car before, so I would assume some type of confirmation, contract, deposit would be required.

I'm going with, car was never ordered or if they were expecting a car close to what you "ordered" it was delivered and was sold.
SixgenSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 01:13 PM   #33
Whitespeed

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE & 1973 Datsun 240Z
It could just be that I'm having really bad luck or there's something fishy going on. Hard to tell. It's not even a Chev dealer that I'm working with. I was put in touch with the VP of a Buick dealer. He did tell me he checked to make sure he could get allocation, but who knows. What really ticks me off is that it's been like pulling teeth to get any info out of him. Seems pretty clear he's doing this as a favour to someone else, and probably doesn't really give a damn about the sale.

What really hurts is that, as I mentioned before, this is my very first new car, and I've already been planning and anticipating this purchase for a year and a half, researching everything about this car and all the other options before making my decision. Plus I worked really hard to make the deal, doing all the negotiations while working 13 hour night shifts for two weeks so I wouldn't miss my chance at a 2017. Plus, I had an identical offer worked out with another dealership which I decided against because I was talked into going with this guy. To have to wait almost another year and then go through this all again would be another kick in the teeth.
Whitespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 01:37 PM   #34
MotownBoy

Drives: 2017 2SS Stick Hyper Blue
I don't know if she can do anything but it can't hurt to call Becky. 1 734 676 9600.

Be very polite, no venting would be my suggestion.

Since this is on GM, I still think there is a way to get you the car you want.
MotownBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 01:56 PM   #35
Lukemo

Drives: '17 1LT RS V6 6M NPP
Quote:
You may be right. In fact, there is no contract. This guy never asked me to sign anything or asked for any kind of deposit. I assumed that because of the referral I had, and who I was dealing with, it mustn't have been necessary.
I can't believe they would order a car for you without asking for some amount of earnest money... If you made (or make in the future) some kind of deal with them on price, get it in writing.

Otherwise, there is nothing binding them to you or the deal and they can do whatever they want with the car... if they even ordered it in the first place.

If they DID order the car for you, there is an order number. Mine was TKWXPX.
If they give you some BS and tell you there is no order number or something, they are lying to you and never put the order in.
Get that number from them and then go here: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...5251&page=3024

Give the number to Becky, and she'll tell you straight up what is up with your car.
Lukemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 01:59 PM   #36
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Ah....The plot thickens; no paperwork and dealing with staff the from another division (Buick)......Doesn't smell good from here… Every bona fide real order is written up on a GM workbench report, with your name on it, the dealer to get for you 10 times a day if you want it. On that is a code that shows exactly where it is in the production schedule. If they can't produce that report, they didn't order you a car.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 03:01 PM   #37
Whitespeed

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE & 1973 Datsun 240Z
Reached out to my friend who knows the dealership owner and has done a lot of business with him. He's getting in touch with the owner, and hopefully this can somehow move forward.
Whitespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 07:11 PM   #38
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
More than likely the car was damaged in transit.
If the car has not left QC, it was not damaged in transit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixgenSix View Post
I never ordered a car before, so I would assume some type of confirmation, contract, deposit would be required.

I'm going with, car was never ordered or if they were expecting a car close to what you "ordered" it was delivered and was sold.
I have & no money down. Just placed the order while sitting in the office at dealership.

Hope the op gets an appropriate response via owner of dealership.
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 07:37 PM   #39
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongos2U View Post
In other news...The latest J.D. Powers initial Quality Awards have been announced...

Segment: Highest ranked: Others ranked:

Midsize Sporty Car*: Ford Mustang Dodge Challenger

*No other model in this segment performs above segment average.

Ouch.
translation- manufactures that paid us to make them the best. Ford for the mustang, Dodge for the challenger. Chevy told us to F off so we won't mention them. how its been since the late 60s.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 07:40 PM   #40
MotownBoy

Drives: 2017 2SS Stick Hyper Blue
At least in Cali,a dealer cannot keep a deposit under any circumstance.

If you order a car & change your mind, nothing deal can do but whine.

I "tested" if there were what limits a dealer might have in ordering a car with my buy of a 2011 Caddy CtS Coupe with stick. It was the first time in the salesmans 20 plus years of selling Caddies, he made a stick sale. He was skeptical but my car broker assured him I would follow through.
MotownBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 10:22 PM   #41
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
As a general rule, deposits are NOT REQUIRED. Some dealers may ask for one, but even then 99% of the time the deposit is fully refundable.

Any time you place an order for a new car, the order will be assigned a work order number IIRC. Once you get that number, there are ways of tracking the car throughout the entire build process. You'll be able to see when the order was placed, when GM accepted the order into their system, etc, all the way through. At each step of the production process , your order will be assigned a number to designate it reached that step.
If you check in the 'ordering' forum, you'll find a complete set of stage numbers your order will be assigned all along the way.

Once you have your order number, BeckyD can track it's progress for you.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 07:46 AM   #42
Mike J

Drives: 2015 Topless Btch RS
I'd like to hear what Becky has to say about this.
Mike J is offline   Reply With Quote