Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-20-2018, 07:31 AM   #15
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Wonder if this can be uses on a SS.
Ya, we already have the 4 piston....But you get them in Red and the fancy rotors

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:49 AM   #16
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
The code isn’t working
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 10:34 AM   #17
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
Yea, my unpainted Brembo 4 pots look like crap. Most of the pics of this kit are actually of the 6 piston caliper and two piece rotors. This is what you would get, and it's a deal. https://www.thatgmpartsguy.com/oem-p...front-23245470

Last edited by Redlinez; 01-20-2018 at 12:06 PM.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 05:52 PM   #18
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMadeYouReadThis View Post
Really man? I put in my opinion and you're telling me to take my attitude elsewhere? This isn't the playground so no need to go all baby on me.

Stock brakes are great they're all you need on a V6 Camaro in fact I would say they're fantastic brakes. Reviewers have said it's not worth the upgrade to the brembos on the V6 I will give you a link to that maybe you can log on to their site and call them out as well.

There's nothing negative about me saying the brakes that came with our vehicle are fantastic.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/jalopnik...1745827833/amp

Now for a letdown: the brakes stop the car just fine, which is a little disappointing for big $2,175 optional Brembos. I’m sad to say I haven’t driven the regular brakes which might be dreadful, but I can tell you the four-piston upgrade is a little on the soft side for brand-name calipers. $3,175 gets you more aggressive six-piston brake calipers, which I wasn’t able to try either.
Oh I am sorry you are right now move along.

Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/hyperhawkcamaro/
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHR...-ilSpV3gMQnTuA

Supercharged with Overkill Superchargers http://www.v6superchargers.com
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 09:15 PM   #19
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustya View Post
Ok boss
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:03 PM   #20
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
If only he did that more often.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 04:03 PM   #21
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
So The deal just got better for me... gm accessories contacted me said they were to expensive to ship but since the dealer they are going to is an hour away they are going to refund my shipping and give me an additional 20% off.. so front brembo upgrade for $336!!!! Brembos for sale $600 lol just kidding

Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/hyperhawkcamaro/
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHR...-ilSpV3gMQnTuA

Supercharged with Overkill Superchargers http://www.v6superchargers.com
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 03:57 AM   #22
GhostEye07

Drives: '16 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMadeYouReadThis View Post
I highly doubt that
I can tell you a very noticeable difference I tracked before and after I switched to 4Pot Brembos. Also more options on brake pads, especially if you want Track Days Pads
Old 02-24-2018, 02:25 AM   #23
BRALGAR
Trigger man

Drives: 2016 1lt Camaro LGX
I ordered these yesterday. They say they are out of stock and having them drop shipped from the manufacturer. But then a guy on a gen 6 Camaro group on fb told me it was a pricing mistake by GM and they pulled it and there are no more in the country... The dealer I ordered from said no such thing. Has anyone else heard this.. I paid ~$407 shipped and am waiting to hear back when they ship.
BRALGAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 10:48 AM   #24
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Because better is better and for track rats the brembos are night and day
have to side with this as far as track use goes... ^^^^

I did 3 autoX's when I first got the car, and one stint out a summit point for hpde. the single pistons are "ehhhh" at best in AutoX and on a track where most are pushing 140+.... one braking stint from 95mph to 30, and I was like yep...done.

AFTER upgrading to the 13.6 GM rotors and brembo calipers

and to boot, I'm on the stock Ferodo pads that come with em. I've done an entire season of AutoX in 2017, and still going through the winter. figure to change to Hawk HP+, G-Loc R6, or Carbotech AX6 once the seasons starts this year.

honestly, this 4 piston setup...the 12.6 that comes with some who have the cooling and brake upgrade... or simply the 13.6 inch setup on the SS. that should be standard on all models. I was holding out and planning to get the wilwood aero6 setup with 14.25 inch rotors... but these I found from someone who upgraded to the 6 pistons at the time of buying the car, so I bought rotors, lines, calipers for about 380ish shipped.

Excellent that they aren't charging 2 grand for these anymore,

also to note.... reading that article again a year later... It sounds like they already had the 4 pistons on there, which are brembos. upgrading sounds like going to the 4 pistons to the 6. that's how I read it. either way, knowing what I can do with the 4's I would prob upgrade to the 6, just knowing I could push the car even more. both the 4 and the 6 have a crapton of brake options. if I find I can fit the 6 under the current 18 inch wheels, and theres not a significant weight addition vs the 4... its still an option for me.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant

Last edited by PolynesianPowerhouse; 02-24-2018 at 11:15 AM.
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 01:06 PM   #25
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Of course man. If you’re gonna push the car, this shits so cheap, why not. This is the cheapest brembo upgrade ever lol. What’s the discussion
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote