Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-21-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
ohsnow

Drives: 2012 SS
2012 HVAC Issues

I have a 2012 SS2.
My air is cold at 32-35 degrees from vents but it does not seem cold.
I notice that with most cars there is a puddle from evap under cars.... mine never does this (or if it does it's rare).
Is this common?
Is this a problem?
Help please.
HVAC has been reprogrammed and deal says it's all fine....
ohsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #2
Parag

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS LS3
your ac is on, and you getting 90 degrees F??
should be 60 degrees F or 15 degrees C
if it running properly it should be pretty cold
Old 06-21-2012, 02:59 PM   #3
ohsnow

Air temps at vent is 32-35F, but just does not seem to cool the cabin as it should....
ohsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
bradshaw

Drives: 2010 LS3 2SS M6
Temps sound normal, and you will not have much water condensation as it drips onto transmission area and most evaporates before dripping onto the ground.
bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #5
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
has anybody else noticed this, or is it just you? Like a passenger has commented "the air coming from the vents is really cold but I'm not cooling off"? You might be sick, dude
Old 06-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #6
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
If the vents are all blowing cold air then i fail to see the problem. The car simply isn't going to cool down to the temps of a freezer when it's very hot outside. You say it's blowing cold so it would appear it is less of an a/c issue and just more an issue of you being used to much cooler temps.

I moved to florida from michigan 12yrs ago. Thought i was going to die from heat for first 18 months i lived here. Now i get cold when temps dip into the 50's even.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:10 PM   #7
ohsnow

I hear ya's...... just seems odd.... my 2500 Silverado and 98 Suburban get colder air blowing.... maybe it is just harder to cool a black car..... everything else is lighter colours....
Old 06-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #8
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsnow View Post
I hear ya's...... just seems odd.... my 2500 Silverado and 98 Suburban get colder air blowing.... maybe it is just harder to cool a black car..... everything else is lighter colours....
My 2010 traverse blows the air out with more force than the Camaro does. This may be the issue your feeling.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:19 PM   #9
ss04flores
2012 Camaro SS

Drives: 2012 camaro ss
i honestly thought the same thing when i first got mine. like it wasn't cold enough and that no matter how high i turn it it didn't blow hard enough. i think its something in our head bro. now it seems perfectly fine.
ss04flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:20 PM   #10
1CamaroSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange
Tinted my windows and noticed a big difference in A/C performance???!!!!! If its blowing out the vents that cold there should be no issues. Are you on Max cold or Recirculation on??? That will make a difference if its real hot outside.

1CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #11
ohsnow

I did tint mine as well.... fan on 3/4, recirc on..... hot days it's rough but when the outside temps drop a bit and the son goes down it's all good.....

Love the car.....

Thanks all....
Old 06-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #12
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CamaroSS View Post
Tinted my windows and noticed a big difference in A/C performance???!!!!! If its blowing out the vents that cold there should be no issues. Are you on Max cold or Recirculation on??? That will make a difference if its real hot outside.
Quote:
I did tint mine as well.... fan on 3/4, recirc on..... hot days it's rough but when the outside temps drop a bit and the son goes down it's all good.....

Love the car.....

Thanks all....
Tint helped my A/C quite a bit. The black bits in the interior draw and hold a lot of heat. A quick cruise through town isn't enough to cool the cabin.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:29 AM   #13
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
I have a 2012 SS2.
My air is cold at 32-35 degrees from vents but it does not seem cold.
I notice that with most cars there is a puddle from evap under cars.... mine never does this (or if it does it's rare).
Is this common?
Is this a problem?
Help please.

Here at GM, we do not know of this being a common problem. If you would like to send me your VIN, I can check to see if there are any recalls or open programs or even if there are any applicable warranties. Also, a proper diagnosis at your dealership would be the best thing to do. Please let me know!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 06-22-2012, 09:53 AM   #14
Stealth6

Drives: '17 GT350
Quote:
I have a 2012 SS2.

Chevrolet had issued a bulletin for the A/C problem. Was your system reprogrammed under the same bulletin? If it was, hopefully it was done correctly...
Here is a copy:

Bulletin No.: 11160A
Date: May 31, 2011
Subject: 11160A - Loss of Air Conditioning - Reprogram Body Control Module
Models:
2011 Chevrolet Camaro Supercede:
The service procedure in this bulletin has been revised. Please review Steps 3 through 9. Please discard all copies of bulletin 11160, issued May 2011. THIS PROGRAM IS IN EFFECT UNTIL MAY 31, 2013
Condition
Certain 2011 model year Chevrolet Camaro vehicles may have a condition in which the air conditioning compressor may not turn on or turn off. This could cause the compressor to fail, resulting in a loss of air conditioning.
Correction
Dealers are to reprogram the Body Control Module.
Vehicles Involved
Involved are certain 2011 model year Chevrolet Camaro vehicles.
Important
Dealers are to confirm vehicle eligibility prior to beginning repairs by using the Required Field Actions section in the Global Warranty Management system. Not all vehicles may be involved. For dealers with involved vehicles, a listing with involved vehicles containing the complete vehicle identification number, customer name, and address information has been prepared and will be provided to US and Canadian dealers through the GM GlobalConnect Recall Reports, or sent directly to export dealers. Dealers will not have a report available if they have no involved vehicles currently assigned.
The listing may contain customer names and addresses obtained from Motor Vehicle Registration Records. The use of such motor vehicle registration data for any purpose other than follow-up necessary to complete this program is a violation of law in several states/provinces/countries. Accordingly, you are urged to limit the use of this report to the follow-up necessary to complete this program.
Parts Information
No parts are required for this program.
Service Procedure
Do not attempt to order the calibration number from GM Customer Care and Aftersales. The calibration numbers required for this service procedure are programmed into Control Module via a Multiple Diagnostic Interface (MDI) with the calibration update. When using a MDI for reprogramming, ensure that is updated with the latest software version. Use TIS2WEB on or after 05/16/11 to obtain the calibration. If you cannot access the calibration, call the Techline Customer Support Center and it will be provided.
For step-by-step programming instructions, please refer to SI and the Techline Information System (TIS) terminal.
1. Verify that there is a battery charge of 12 to 15 volts. The battery must be able to maintain a charge during programming. Only use an approved Midtronics(R) PSC 550 Battery Maintainer (SPS Programming Support Tool EL-49642) or equivalent to maintain proper battery voltage during programming. 2. Reprogram the body control module (BCM). Refer to SI and Service Programming System (SPS) documentation for programming instructions, if required. 1. Connect the MDI to the vehicle. 2. Select J2534 MDI and Reprogram ECU from the Select Diagnostic Tool and Programming Process screen. 3. Select BCM Body Control Module -- Programming from the Supported Controllers screen. 4. Follow the on-screen instructions. 3. On the SPS Supported Controllers screen, select BCM Body Control Module - Setup and follow the on-screen instructions. 4. Remove the MDI and turn the ignition off. 5. Open and close the driver's door. 6. Wait 2 minutes. This will clear the Stabilitrak message if present. 7. Clear all diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs). 8. If the vehicle is equipped with a sunroof, close the sunroof completely and re-open the sunroof to the full-open position. 9. Check the driver information center display for additional messages regarding further calibration instructions. If there are no additional driver information center instructions present, programming is complete.
Stealth6 is offline   Reply With Quote