Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2012 HVAC Issues (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232262)

ohsnow 06-21-2012 02:49 PM

2012 HVAC Issues

I have a 2012 SS2.
My air is cold at 32-35 degrees from vents but it does not seem cold.
I notice that with most cars there is a puddle from evap under cars.... mine never does this (or if it does it's rare).
Is this common?
Is this a problem?
Help please.
HVAC has been reprogrammed and deal says it's all fine....

Parag 06-21-2012 02:51 PM

your ac is on, and you getting 90 degrees F??
should be 60 degrees F or 15 degrees C
if it running properly it should be pretty cold

ohsnow 06-21-2012 02:59 PM

Air temps at vent is 32-35F, but just does not seem to cool the cabin as it should....

bradshaw 06-21-2012 03:01 PM

Temps sound normal, and you will not have much water condensation as it drips onto transmission area and most evaporates before dripping onto the ground.

ChrisBlair 06-21-2012 03:02 PM

has anybody else noticed this, or is it just you? Like a passenger has commented "the air coming from the vents is really cold but I'm not cooling off"? You might be sick, dude

daveagogo1 06-21-2012 03:08 PM

If the vents are all blowing cold air then i fail to see the problem. The car simply isn't going to cool down to the temps of a freezer when it's very hot outside. You say it's blowing cold so it would appear it is less of an a/c issue and just more an issue of you being used to much cooler temps.

I moved to florida from michigan 12yrs ago. Thought i was going to die from heat for first 18 months i lived here. Now i get cold when temps dip into the 50's even.

ohsnow 06-21-2012 03:10 PM

I hear ya's...... just seems odd.... my 2500 Silverado and 98 Suburban get colder air blowing.... maybe it is just harder to cool a black car..... everything else is lighter colours....

daveagogo1 06-21-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohsnow (Post 5166971)
I hear ya's...... just seems odd.... my 2500 Silverado and 98 Suburban get colder air blowing.... maybe it is just harder to cool a black car..... everything else is lighter colours....

My 2010 traverse blows the air out with more force than the Camaro does. This may be the issue your feeling.

ss04flores 06-21-2012 03:19 PM

i honestly thought the same thing when i first got mine. like it wasn't cold enough and that no matter how high i turn it it didn't blow hard enough. i think its something in our head bro. now it seems perfectly fine.

1CamaroSS 06-21-2012 03:20 PM

Tinted my windows and noticed a big difference in A/C performance???!!!!! If its blowing out the vents that cold there should be no issues. Are you on Max cold or Recirculation on??? That will make a difference if its real hot outside.

ohsnow 06-21-2012 03:22 PM

I did tint mine as well.... fan on 3/4, recirc on..... hot days it's rough but when the outside temps drop a bit and the son goes down it's all good.....

Love the car.....

Thanks all....

strych9 06-21-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1CamaroSS (Post 5167040)
Tinted my windows and noticed a big difference in A/C performance???!!!!! If its blowing out the vents that cold there should be no issues. Are you on Max cold or Recirculation on??? That will make a difference if its real hot outside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohsnow (Post 5167051)
I did tint mine as well.... fan on 3/4, recirc on..... hot days it's rough but when the outside temps drop a bit and the son goes down it's all good.....

Love the car.....

Thanks all....

Tint helped my A/C quite a bit. The black bits in the interior draw and hold a lot of heat. A quick cruise through town isn't enough to cool the cabin.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-22-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohsnow (Post 5166834)
I have a 2012 SS2.
My air is cold at 32-35 degrees from vents but it does not seem cold.
I notice that with most cars there is a puddle from evap under cars.... mine never does this (or if it does it's rare).
Is this common?
Is this a problem?
Help please.

Here at GM, we do not know of this being a common problem. If you would like to send me your VIN, I can check to see if there are any recalls or open programs or even if there are any applicable warranties. Also, a proper diagnosis at your dealership would be the best thing to do. Please let me know!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service

Stealth6 06-22-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohsnow (Post 5166834)
I have a 2012 SS2.

Chevrolet had issued a bulletin for the A/C problem. Was your system reprogrammed under the same bulletin? If it was, hopefully it was done correctly...
Here is a copy:

Bulletin No.: 11160A
Date: May 31, 2011
Subject: 11160A - Loss of Air Conditioning - Reprogram Body Control Module
Models:
2011 Chevrolet Camaro Supercede:
The service procedure in this bulletin has been revised. Please review Steps 3 through 9. Please discard all copies of bulletin 11160, issued May 2011. THIS PROGRAM IS IN EFFECT UNTIL MAY 31, 2013
Condition
Certain 2011 model year Chevrolet Camaro vehicles may have a condition in which the air conditioning compressor may not turn on or turn off. This could cause the compressor to fail, resulting in a loss of air conditioning.
Correction
Dealers are to reprogram the Body Control Module.
Vehicles Involved
Involved are certain 2011 model year Chevrolet Camaro vehicles.
Important
Dealers are to confirm vehicle eligibility prior to beginning repairs by using the Required Field Actions section in the Global Warranty Management system. Not all vehicles may be involved. For dealers with involved vehicles, a listing with involved vehicles containing the complete vehicle identification number, customer name, and address information has been prepared and will be provided to US and Canadian dealers through the GM GlobalConnect Recall Reports, or sent directly to export dealers. Dealers will not have a report available if they have no involved vehicles currently assigned.
The listing may contain customer names and addresses obtained from Motor Vehicle Registration Records. The use of such motor vehicle registration data for any purpose other than follow-up necessary to complete this program is a violation of law in several states/provinces/countries. Accordingly, you are urged to limit the use of this report to the follow-up necessary to complete this program.
Parts Information
No parts are required for this program.
Service Procedure
Do not attempt to order the calibration number from GM Customer Care and Aftersales. The calibration numbers required for this service procedure are programmed into Control Module via a Multiple Diagnostic Interface (MDI) with the calibration update. When using a MDI for reprogramming, ensure that is updated with the latest software version. Use TIS2WEB on or after 05/16/11 to obtain the calibration. If you cannot access the calibration, call the Techline Customer Support Center and it will be provided.
For step-by-step programming instructions, please refer to SI and the Techline Information System (TIS) terminal.
1. Verify that there is a battery charge of 12 to 15 volts. The battery must be able to maintain a charge during programming. Only use an approved Midtronics(R) PSC 550 Battery Maintainer (SPS Programming Support Tool EL-49642) or equivalent to maintain proper battery voltage during programming. 2. Reprogram the body control module (BCM). Refer to SI and Service Programming System (SPS) documentation for programming instructions, if required. 1. Connect the MDI to the vehicle. 2. Select J2534 MDI and Reprogram ECU from the Select Diagnostic Tool and Programming Process screen. 3. Select BCM Body Control Module -- Programming from the Supported Controllers screen. 4. Follow the on-screen instructions. 3. On the SPS Supported Controllers screen, select BCM Body Control Module - Setup and follow the on-screen instructions. 4. Remove the MDI and turn the ignition off. 5. Open and close the driver's door. 6. Wait 2 minutes. This will clear the Stabilitrak message if present. 7. Clear all diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs). 8. If the vehicle is equipped with a sunroof, close the sunroof completely and re-open the sunroof to the full-open position. 9. Check the driver information center display for additional messages regarding further calibration instructions. If there are no additional driver information center instructions present, programming is complete.