Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-29-2017, 09:14 AM   #15
Red Devil's Rebel

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS V6/A8
I'm still in the my break in period too - +1 on your comments, I feel the same way!

I gotta say also that I love hearing all the V6 love & positivity, thanks guys!!
I am loving my car, but this makes me feel even better about my choice, especially when usually all you get is bs about going with the 6 rather than the 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tridon View Post
I'm still in the break-in period on my V6 and haven't pushed it over 4000 RPM. I do love it though and the throttle response in the higher range is quite impressive. I do wish there was more low end torque, but that may have more to do with me babying it so far.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:39 AM   #16
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
Yeah... all these great observations bring back memories from May, 2008 (can't believe it was 9 years ago!!) when as a member of the Camaro Advisory Board (aka the "Camaro Disciples") I got to drive a pre-production 5th Gen manual V6 at the Milford Proving Grounds. At the time, I also had a modded LS1 '98 SS and was (very pleasantly) shocked and surprised by the V6!

Best regards,

Elie
Old 06-29-2017, 10:04 AM   #17
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I came directly from a 2001 Z28 and the 2016 V6 is every bit as fast and has better handling.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 10:24 AM   #18
Exia
Exia

Drives: '23 Corvette Z06/Z07 & '22 2SS 1LE
I love my V6 as an entry into sports cars. I will definitely get a V8 next but this V6 is a great start to , hopefully, a long future of sports car ownership. I also have NPP on mine and it sounds really good for a V6, the growl even sounds great. I've gotten compliments from people driving mustangs at stop lights at how good it sounds. Running on regular gas is also a plus.
Exia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 10:34 AM   #19
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
I have an SS now, but had a 5th Gen V6. Loved the engine, and it gave me no trouble (LLT). I would love to give a 6th Gen V6 a try just to compare to my old car. This new platform is amazing, the suspension setup is amazing, steering has instant turn-in, and the Dual Mode Exhaust kicks butt!
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 10:48 AM   #20
DanZ

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I’ve had several Camaros over my life time and I was really impressed by this new V6. I had a 69’ with a 396 cu in engine running about 325 HP, and a 2001 with the LS1 engine with about 310 HP and this V6 is faster than those. Gas mileage is great too. I put premium gas in mind since the mileage is so good.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:49 AM   #21
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
Does the new v6 really feel as fast as the LS1 cars?? If that is the case, I would be happy with that.
I'm going to say the older cars still feel faster (more punch) mostly b/c of the torque and fact that b/c of the older, much less stiff chassis on those cars, they felt damn fast. Lots of people have commented on how their 4th gens felt faster in comparison to say...a 5th gen, but in reality the 5th gen was a bit faster.

So in this case I'm going to say a 6th gen V6 is very nearly as fast, but likely doesn't punch you as hard as a good running stock LS1 would.

Don't flame me...I like the V6! Just my educated observation.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:56 AM   #22
SixgenSix

Drives: 2020 SHOCK SS 1LE
I love my V6 with the NPP exhaust. It sounds fantastic and I love when it pops in the upper RPM range. Makes a great daily driver.
SixgenSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 12:38 PM   #23
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Yeah for anybody wondering the new 6th gen V6 Camaro is as fast as an LS1 F body 100% I owned it 2002 for 10 years sold it with just under forty thousand kilometers on it it was mint the V6 can run with that bad boy all day long. there's even a few pictures of my f body in my album if you click on my link you can check it.
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 12:59 PM   #24
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Does the new v6 really feel as fast as the LS1 cars?? If that is the case, I would be happy with that.
Owned both at the same time over the course of 6 years of owning them both I drove the 01 Z/28 maybe 10 times if even that. I favored the V6 more, sure I lost torq and the V8 sound but it did not matter to me.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:38 PM   #25
stars_fan
Nerd

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMadeYouReadThis View Post
They sound amazing I have the dual-mode exhaust and it sounds like it's a freaking Ferrari
Old 06-29-2017, 01:38 PM   #26
IMadeYouReadThis

Talking

Quote:
Thanks for the input guys. Love my 02 z28, if the v6 is as fast as it...I would be extremely happy.
Yeah I lovrd my 2002 as well I guarantee you you'll be very happy with the V6 but there's one thing that you must do you must get the NPP dual mode exhaust and I would also fully recommend the RS package but the number one thing you need is the NPP. Also you already used to running high octane so just run the 91 in the car that's what I've been doing since I got it and it's an absolute Beast I'm sure you'll love it if you get it

And if you can drive manual transmission it's a match made in heaven
Old 06-29-2017, 01:49 PM   #27
Blazin383

Drives: 2016 SS
Dang! You guys are killing me! I have a 2013 BMW 328xi and an 09 BMW Z4 along with my 16 2SS. I bought the 328 just 3 months ago and really like it, but I like my SS so well that I've been playing with the idea of selling the 328 and buying an LT Camaro as a commuter. I'd pretty much decided I'll just keep the 328 since I just bought it and it's all wheel drive for the winter. Listening to all of your comments I'm back to thinking I should make the swap! Mamma won't be very happy if I sell the Beemer already, but then again, she's the one that gets to drive the SS every day in the good weather! What to do what to do?

The market is currently flooded with LT Camaros from the rental fleet roll over, but I'm really hesitant to buy one out of a rental fleet!
Blazin383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:02 PM   #28
IMadeYouReadThis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin383 View Post
Dang! You guys are killing me! I have a 2013 BMW 328xi and an 09 BMW Z4 along with my 16 2SS. I bought the 328 just 3 months ago and really like it, but I like my SS so well that I've been playing with the idea of selling the 328 and buying an LT Camaro as a commuter. I'd pretty much decided I'll just keep the 328 since I just bought it and it's all wheel drive for the winter. Listening to all of your comments I'm back to thinking I should make the swap! Mamma won't be very happy if I sell the Beemer already, but then again, she's the one that gets to drive the SS every day in the good weather! What to do what to do?

The market is currently flooded with LT Camaros from the rental fleet roll over, but I'm really hesitant to buy one out of a rental fleet!
Honestly man you've already got a good Camaro in fact you've got a better Camaro you've got the SS. I don't think I would be losing money on a car like your BMW that you've had for 3 months and like you said it's all wheel drive. What you could do is you could slap it up on AutoTrader Kijiji since I do see it's a 2013 you never bought it new. and see if you can make a buck or two on it put it up for a thousand bucks more than you paid see what happens if it sells then so be it if not then drive it

My second question would be how much did you pay for that BMW that you're trying to sell. Or more importantly how much can you get for it because I'm wondering if you have to settle for an ex daily rental Camaro or can you get yourself a nice RS with a few extras including the NPP exhaust that you'll enjoy a lot more than a base LT

As far as fun goes I think you have a hell of a lot more fun driving the Camaro over the BMW