Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-21-2016, 07:40 AM   #1
Mrwanton

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 4cyl Turbo
Injen Evo7300 Cold Air Intake for the 2.0 Camaro!

Got the intake in yesterday and slapped it on last night! Fairly easy install. Would have taken 15 mins at most if I didn't drop the damn screw on the MAF sensor. Here are some pictures. Compared to the stock airborne, the injen has ALOT less air restriction. Went for a test drive and you can definitely hear a blow off noise and turbo sound. Not so much when you're just raving it. I'll get some video of the noise. I have a muffler delete as well so it makes it hard to hear but you can definitely hear it better than stock. Overall happy purchase
Attached Images

Mrwanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 09:04 AM   #2
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Nice pics, thanks for doing the side by side! Really highlights the difference over stock!
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 06:28 PM   #3
sureshshanmugam79

Drives: Summit White 1LT RS I4 M6
Great pics, its very clear that is an easy replacement.
Curious -
1. does this affect the factory warranty by any means?
2. do you also have an oil catch can installed?

Thanks,
Suresh
sureshshanmugam79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 06:40 PM   #4
Jesse2.0t

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2.0t
Nice, i was planning on buying one soon, but i got rear ended in a parking lot. Now i have to pay my insurance for a deductible.
Also, can you do a video of the muffler delete. Curious how it sounds compared to other exhausts.
Jesse2.0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 11:12 PM   #5
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshshanmugam79 View Post
Curious -

Thanks,
Suresh
Any aftermarket modification voids the warranty obviously on the component you replaced, along with any other system with which it interacts. If you blow the motor, and bring it in with the CAI on the car, they will immediately point the finger at that component and tell you to pound sand. If you can't pay, don't play. It's not GM's job to cover aftermarket components. That is the exact reason I've been waiting to mod my cars. I plan on making full use of the factory warranties first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse2.0t View Post
Nice, i was planning on buying one soon, but i got rear ended in a parking lot. Now i have to pay my insurance for a deductible.
Also, can you do a video of the muffler delete. Curious how it sounds compared to other exhausts.
You need to find a better body shop then. My last accident, I left the body shop with a check for over $700. There are PLENTY of shops that will cover the deductible if you ask. Of course that is totally dependent on how much damage is on the car, and how much profit they are making. If it's $15000 in damage and they are making $5500 in profit, most places would be VERY happy to cover the deductible. If it's $1500, and they are only making $100 on the deal, obviously they aren't gonna give you jack. Heck, if they won't completely cover it, ask them to split it with you.

Remember kids, EVERYTHING in life is negotiable! You just need to understand how to make the situation advantageous for yourself!
Old 10-22-2016, 08:35 AM   #6
Mrwanton

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshshanmugam79 View Post
Curious -

Thanks,
Suresh
Like Chicago Tommy said, unfortunately any type of modification will void the warranty.
I do not have a catch can installed yet, I only have 3,500 miles on my car and there's already oil buildup (see first picture)
Old 10-22-2016, 08:42 AM   #7
Mrwanton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse2.0t View Post
I will make a video of cold start, revs, and some driving when I have time. Pretty busy at work

Here's a picture of underneath the car, the shop charged me $120 total. Could have done it myself but I didn't have a welder. I'm looking to get a new diffuser and changing it to quad tips. Love the way the NPP quads look
Attached Images

Old 10-22-2016, 09:21 AM   #8
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrwanton View Post
I will make a video of cold start, revs, and some driving when I have time. Pretty busy at work

Here's a picture of underneath the car, the shop charged me $120 total. Could have done it myself but I didn't have a welder. I'm looking to get a new diffuser and changing it to quad tips. Love the way the NPP quads look
Very nice. Can you hear the blow-off and turbo spool now?

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 12:14 PM   #9
Mrwanton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Very nice. Can you hear the blow-off and turbo spool now?
Definitely alot more than stock but it sounds like yours is louder. I can barely hear it with the windows up. Windows down sounds great
Old 10-23-2016, 07:29 PM   #10
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
My dealer is good with Modifications, they even told me themselves, if they can prove the part caused the problem then my warranty is void, so far I have had warranty work done with Mods still installed and they never gave me a hard time ... I guess it all boils down to how your dealership wants to work with you ....
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 02:23 PM   #11
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
How does the filter come out for cleaning? Do you have to remove the whole box every time? I read something about a twist lock? Do you twist the tube to unlock it and the filter comes out with it, leaving the box in the car?
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 02:39 PM   #12
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr02Z/28 View Post
My dealer is good with Modifications, they even told me themselves, if they can prove the part caused the problem then my warranty is void, so far I have had warranty work done with Mods still installed and they never gave me a hard time ... I guess it all boils down to how your dealership wants to work with you ....
While that may be true in your case, I would never take a dealers word for anything. Put it on paper. While they may be willing to 'look the other way' if you have a cold air kit, and power window motor dies. They will gladly tell you to pound sand if you bring it in with a cold air kit, and a blown motor. Believe me, it's happened plenty of times. Any MAJOR claim is going to require an inspection by a zone rep, or other warranty administrator who has no relation to your dealership. Those guys don't give a damn what you've worked out with your service advisor.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:26 PM   #13
Mrwanton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
How does the filter come out for cleaning? Do you have to remove the whole box every time? I read something about a twist lock? Do you twist the tube to unlock it and the filter comes out with it, leaving the box in the car?
The box is completely sealed. It takes less than 5 mins to take the whole intake off. Twist the filter 1/4 turn and it comes right out
Old 11-10-2016, 11:19 AM   #14
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Just got my CAI in the mail

Will post pics once installed. Would anyone benefit from an install video? Anyone run into any problemsuggestions on install? What about unplugging the MAF sensor/will the CEL come on?
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote