Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 11-11-2015, 10:37 AM   #15
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
I've had some seat time in my friend's C7 playing around with this and it's fantastic! As good as it is, there's nothing like heel & toeing/blipping the throttle and nailing the rev matching just right - on your own. The fact that you have a choice and can turn it on or off as desired makes it even better!

The bonus for me would be for track use. I've been heel & toeing for 45 years and I have to admit that I've messed it up a few times while on a road course - at high speed - and it's not fun when that happens. Doing it on a track at 100+ mph is a lot different than doing it on the street at 40 mph. There's not much room for error on the track! Being able to brake and downshift without worrying about coordinating your foot on the brake and accelerator at the same time to bring up the revs is great for the "weekend warrior" whose consistency might not quite be at the professional level!

Best regards,

Elie
Old 11-11-2015, 10:50 AM   #16
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
I wonder how many street drag races this feature will start because the Ford or Dodge cars sitting next to you hear the throttle blimp and think your asking for a race. lol
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.

Last edited by KaBoom1701; 11-13-2015 at 10:05 AM.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 12:42 PM   #17
bhavyas

Drives: 2016 1SS Yellow
Moto Man showed it in his review last week.

Skip to 8:35 to check it out.
bhavyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 04:05 PM   #18
American Legend

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
The ARM and the Magnetic dampeners are two of the features that I'm really excited about with the gen6. Both are not offered on the Mustang GT.

The trickle down technology that GM has with the Cadillac and Corvette programs is really benefiting the gen6!
American Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 05:02 PM   #19
big dawg

Drives: 2015 Subaru WRX 2015 Honda CRV
Cali Gas Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavyas View Post
Moto Man showed it in his review last week.

Skip to 8:35 to check it out.
i luv his rant about Cali gas prices!
big dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 08:21 AM   #20
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfin View Post
I've had some seat time in my friend's C7 playing around with this and it's fantastic! As good as it is, there's nothing like heel & toeing/blipping the throttle and nailing the rev matching just right - on your own. The fact that you have a choice and can turn it on or off as desired makes it even better!

The bonus for me would be for track use. I've been heel & toeing for 45 years and I have to admit that I've messed it up a few times while on a road course - at high speed - and it's not fun when that happens. Doing it on a track at 100+ mph is a lot different than doing it on the street at 40 mph. There's not much room for error on the track! Being able to brake and downshift without worrying about coordinating your foot on the brake and accelerator at the same time to bring up the revs is great for the "weekend warrior" whose consistency might not quite be at the professional level!

Best regards,

Elie
AGREE COMPLETELY..

On the track things happen fast and a badly matched downshift can really unsettle a car that's loaded up in a turn...

As for driving around town, nothing is better than nailing that perfect downshift!

This is why I'm perplexed that Throttle Progression was left out of the customization options on the Drivers Select ( you can lock Steering, Suspension, and Exhaust Sound regardless of Driver Mode if u want)

The two modes on my car have night and day differences in Throttle Progession... sport mode lets me rev and blip the throttle like a Ferrari, and make for easy heel toe downshifts... The regular mode is like the car is on Xanax or something... And it's VERY frustrating when I have to switch off Sport Mode for bad stretches of road as I rev match 24/7 and it messes up my footwork...

TLDR: would be a great if GM added the missing feature to be able to lock Throttle Progression/ sensitivity to a specific setting and then you would be able to flip thru Driver Modes on the fly with a flip of the switch when encountering different qualities of road surface while retaining the same timing for your own heel-toeing...

Also, ARM is really good for the long term health of your drivetrain since it will reduce wear from a lifetime of perfectly synced downshifts....

Last edited by aa406079; 11-13-2015 at 08:33 AM.
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 08:24 PM   #21
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Question, does the active rev match just match the revs only at the time you go to,change gears or will it constantly match the rpm to a specific gear while the clutch is in? For example, say you are in 4th gear at 40mph, you are approaching turn and you decide to downshift to 2nd, the appropriate rev match occurs but let's say you keep your foot on the clutch and coast a bit while 2nd. Will the rpm continue to match as you continue to lose speed while coasting with the clutch not engaged or do you only get the accurate rev match if you shift quickly?
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 01:52 PM   #22
Maro Mike

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2016 2SS coming soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
Question, does the active rev match just match the revs only at the time you go to,change gears or will it constantly match the rpm to a specific gear while the clutch is in? For example, say you are in 4th gear at 40mph, you are approaching turn and you decide to downshift to 2nd, the appropriate rev match occurs but let's say you keep your foot on the clutch and coast a bit while 2nd. Will the rpm continue to match as you continue to lose speed while coasting with the clutch not engaged or do you only get the accurate rev match if you shift quickly?
I tried this out last night. With rev match on, it will hold rpm until the clutch is engaged.

To use your example, if you're in 4 and then downshift to 2 but keep the clutch disengaged, it will hold the rpm where it's supposed to be. Even as you start to slow down the rpm will drop as well to keep the match perfect when you decide to engage the clutch.

It's really pretty neat. Only thing that I don't like is what Tr6 mentioned above when I put in in neutral to coast to a stop it thinks I'm downshifting. I just adjust to that by turning ARM on and off as needed during the ride.

1100 - 9/26
2500 - 10/13
3000 - 10/20 TPW 11/9
3100 - 10/27
3300 - 10/28
3800 - 11/10
4300 - 11/12
6000 - 11/13
Maro Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 02:58 PM   #23
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maro Mike View Post
I tried this out last night. With rev match on, it will hold rpm until the clutch is engaged.

To use your example, if you're in 4 and then downshift to 2 but keep the clutch disengaged, it will hold the rpm where it's supposed to be. Even as you start to slow down the rpm will drop as well to keep the match perfect when you decide to engage the clutch.

It's really pretty neat. Only thing that I don't like is what Tr6 mentioned above when I put in in neutral to coast to a stop it thinks I'm downshifting. I just adjust to that by turning ARM on and off as needed during the ride.
Thanks.
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 04:32 PM   #24
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maro Mike View Post
Even if you pull out the clutch?

If it matches revs even with the clutch out, then neat, double-clutching rev matching is fun.
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 04:45 PM   #25
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemosfet View Post
Even if you pull out the clutch?

If it matches revs even with the clutch out, then neat, double-clutching rev matching is fun.
It takes a bit getting used to but double rev match is freakin sweet! I cannot have enough hearing the LT1 roar
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote