Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 08-15-2017, 05:20 PM   #43
ThePandaSmuggler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T 8AT
Had my Camaro in the shop for 2 1/2 months while they were waiting on parts. Torque Converter was replaced and the issue was resolved for about a month. Now same issue with shuddering is reoccurring and I dropped it off last Thursday. Let's see if I can have my car out of service for 5 months for its first year! :P

This is my first automatic I've had in years and will definitely be my last. I regret not getting a manual :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ThePandaSmuggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:52 AM   #44
GP86

Drives: 2017 2SS
I have been experiencing this issue for quite a long time. For whatever reason, I thought it was normal. I'm glad I found this thread! I will contact my dealer with TSB in hand and hope that they can resolve it quickly.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:03 AM   #45
1LE Red Dragon
Train Driver

Drives: 2018 Summit White ZL1 1LE
I had my fluid flushed because of this same issue. 3 times driving on lift between flushed, etc. Picked it up and is smoother than it's ever been. I hope it stays this way. About 150 miles on it so far.

/ / Katech TB // RotoFab Dry // Borla 60606 // ATI Super Damper / /
1LE Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 08:30 PM   #46
WeatherGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE Red Dragon View Post
I had my fluid flushed because of this same issue. 3 times driving on lift between flushed, etc. Picked it up and is smoother than it's ever been. I hope it stays this way. About 150 miles on it so far.
I just had this done as well, and like you, think it is now smoother than ever, with noticeably better shifting. That shuddering was starting to freak me out, so I am glad that this seems to have resolved it. I guess time will tell if this is a permanent fix of not.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:59 AM   #47
Camaro_7888

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_7888 View Post
Just dropped mine off at the dealer this morning for the shudder issue, this will be the 2nd time its in for service for this issue. First time they flushed the trans fluid, replaced the trans filter, and "re-programmed the trans computer" as stated on the receipt.

Let's see how they fix it this time....

UPDATE - Dealership just called me @ 1PM, they are going to replace the Torque Converter now. They will have my car 3-4 days....(I also reported the front end shakes when braking, probably warped rotors and exhaust rattles/squeaks during light acceleration)
Got my Camaro back this past Friday after the dealer replaced the torque converter. Seemed to be okay since, but this morning driving to work doing around 58MPH I can feel the vibration coming back when accelerating. This is really getting old guys.
Camaro_7888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:02 AM   #48
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Changing fluid to fix converter shudder is a bandaid...the damage is already done. The dealership should go straight to changing it out and call it a day!
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:59 AM   #49
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Changing fluid to fix converter shudder is a bandaid...the damage is already done. The dealership should go straight to changing it out and call it a day!
I couldn't agree anymore...at a minimum, alot of miles have been taken off the TC, regardless of whether or not it works correctly after flushing.

I'd like to be better informed about two things surrounding this issue 1. The root cause IE design, manufacturing or programming. 2. Really, how common is the failure?

There are a ton of these TC's out there...
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 11:04 AM   #50
MH247

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Brought my car to the dealership today for this issue and hopefully it'll get fixed. I'll post an update asap.
MH247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 07:54 PM   #51
GP86

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP86 View Post
I have been experiencing this issue for quite a long time. For whatever reason, I thought it was normal. I'm glad I found this thread! I will contact my dealer with TSB in hand and hope that they can resolve it quickly.
Got my car back today. The shop had it for 4 full working days. They did the 3x fluid flush. I am very, very concerned that damage has been done to the TCC and it will fail somewhere just after my warranty is out. The car drives fine now, but I log at least 2,000 miles per month.

If future me is reading this post, let's hope you managed to get that Lingenfelter package and the transmission is holding up flawlessly!
Old 08-29-2017, 12:16 PM   #52
ThePandaSmuggler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T 8AT
Got my car back on Friday after only 2 weeks this time. They flushed the fluid (not sure if 3 times) and reflashed the TCU. Hard 1-2 shifts are gone. Haven't really had much time to try and replicate the shudder because of this pesky hurricane. Not sure why they didn't do the fluid flush when they replaced the TC. Hopefully this TC isn't ruined as well :-/

ThePandaSmuggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:08 PM   #53
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Got my TC replaced in November 2016. Sadly as of last week the shakes are back!! So I'll be going back to dealer for round 2.

Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:01 PM   #54
7rank

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '13 Sierra SLT
Took mine in at approx. 10,000 klm, (6200 miles) because of this issue...
they did a test drive and told me it was due to the tensioner on belt.
Service manager mentioned a tsb about it... and this is after I let him know of all the research I did about it and mentioning the TC and tranny oil changes being done with other owners....
so they have the tensioner on order and want to replace it anyways... not sure why this would be the cause but they seem to think so.
I guess I'll find out and post results when I know here.
7rank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 12:27 PM   #55
Jetmech

Drives: 2SS Garnet Red Tricoat (SOLD)
I'm glad I stumbled on this......

WOW.....I'm having the same issues. Took it in a couple weeks ago and went on a test drive with service tech. I was noticing it more when engine went from v8 to v4 so I was suspecting AFM issue. This is all highway driving to and from work when I notice it the most. Got it to do the shudder several times on test drive and tech said that was normal shudder during afm swap. I wasn't really buying it but figured I'd deactivate AFM and just move on. Well now I have a copy of this TSB and will be taking car in soon and having them actually confirm this issue. Glad I stopped back in here. This forum and it's members are always a great resource.
Jetmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 01:14 PM   #56
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmech View Post
WOW.....I'm having the same issues. Took it in a couple weeks ago and went on a test drive with service tech. I was noticing it more when engine went from v8 to v4 so I was suspecting AFM issue. This is all highway driving to and from work when I notice it the most. Got it to do the shudder several times on test drive and tech said that was normal shudder during afm swap. I wasn't really buying it but figured I'd deactivate AFM and just move on. Well now I have a copy of this TSB and will be taking car in soon and having them actually confirm this issue. Glad I stopped back in here. This forum and it's members are always a great resource.
Your dealership sounds like mine. I think it's because there's no such thing as mechanics anymore. Now they're all "Technicians".

Sent from my VS500 using Tapatalk
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote