CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=257)
-   -   A8 Issue TSB 16-NA-175 2017 2SS (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=503577)

sub_ETCS_ret 08-01-2017 01:45 PM

A8 Issue TSB 16-NA-175 2017 2SS

1 Attachment(s)
My Symptoms: Shudder at constant speed going up slight inclines or lower speeds going up inclines.

TSB Symptoms: 1. A shake and/or shudder during light throttle acceleration between 25 and 80 mph (40 and 128 km/h) steady state driving when transmission is not actively shifting gears.
2. A shudder feeling that may be described as driving over rumble strips or rough pavement.

Link to the TSB on the corvette site. Other TSBs are for '16 Camaros but this one applies to '17. Hopefully this helps someone else. I've also converted it to a PDF and attached it to this post.

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...tate-1324.html

I had been feeling a shudder when going up inclines at a steady speed (50 - 65 mph) and had addressed it with the dealer twice. Each time they told me something different. The first time it was because I drive around in sport mode and the second time they told me my engine was lugging and that it was the V4 to V8 AFM that I was feeling.

On the third time I lost my mind on the tech and the service manager. I've been working on cars since I was 14. I've owned multiple Firebirds and Trans Ams and most recently a '15 Challenger. I told them that there is an issue with the torque converter and stop feeding me a line of BS, dig into it, and actually spend some time troubleshooting.

Prior to this appointment I had done a bunch of searching and that's when I found the subject TSB. It described my issue exactly. I gave them the TSB and what do you know, I have an issue with my torque converter.

bdavies11 08-01-2017 02:27 PM

I had this issue. Took it up to the dealer and had one of their guys ride along with me and reproduced it for him. They flushed the transmission fluids three times (driving for 10 miles between each flush) and the car has been perfect ever since. I was told if it started to happen again they would get a me a new torque converter no questions asked.

sub_ETCS_ret 08-01-2017 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdavies11 (Post 9845959)
I had this issue. Took it up to the dealer and had one of their guys ride along with me and reproduced it for him. They flushed the transmission fluids three times (driving for 10 miles between each flush) and the car has been perfect ever since. I was told if it started to happen again they would get a me a new torque converter no questions asked.

Part of my issue was that they were only looking at this as a 2016 or older issue. Most of the TSBs reference 2016 Camaros and this one was updated for the 2017s. Mine is a 2017 and IMHO they didn't want to make an effort.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Michael's 50th 08-01-2017 06:25 PM

Sorry to hear that Neighbor. Hope all turns out well

sub_ETCS_ret 08-01-2017 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael's 50th (Post 9846349)
Sorry to hear that Neighbor. Hope all turns out well

Thanks! Looks like they're going to have it for a while. The Dexron ATF is on back order and GM says it's not supposed to be driven until it's fixed so they are keeping it.

Michael's 50th 08-01-2017 07:08 PM

Who's got it ? Haselwood ?

sub_ETCS_ret 08-01-2017 07:09 PM

Grey

Michael's 50th 08-01-2017 07:17 PM

Dam ! summer time too. Well I'm sure eventually Chevrolet will iron out the issues with that automatic trans.

sub_ETCS_ret 08-01-2017 07:19 PM

I hope so. I was hoping the '17s wouldn't be affected by the A8 bug but apparently they are.
Really frustrated that I had to lose my cool with them to fix the issue.

Michael's 50th 08-01-2017 07:20 PM

I ran into another guy at a car show and he had the same issues, he said they did the trans fluid flush a few times and it cured it. I'm just not completely sold on that yet.

Michael's 50th 08-01-2017 07:23 PM

Well with the money we pay for these cars it's perfectly normal to lose your cool ! Don't blame you one bit but I understand

Mark114 08-01-2017 07:23 PM

Sorry to hear that you had to go through so much frustration to get this fixed but Thanks for the post! I have felt the "rough road" problem several times with my car running on smooth highway. I wasn't sure what was causing it and it hasn't been consistent enough to take it to a dealer. I guess I will see about getting into the dealer to have it checked now that there is a TSB and documented way to test for the problem.

sub_ETCS_ret 08-01-2017 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael's 50th (Post 9846447)
I ran into another guy at a car show and he had the same issues, he said they did the trans fluid flush a few times and it cured it. I'm just not completely sold on that yet.

That's what I'm hoping for but I'm not sold either. If they told me one more time that everything was fine, I was going to run that transmission through the mill. I'm trading it in next year on a Hellcat anyway.

sub_ETCS_ret 08-01-2017 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark114 (Post 9846453)
Sorry to hear that you had to go through so much frustration to get this fixed but Thanks for the post! I have felt the "rough road" problem several times with my car running on smooth highway. I wasn't sure what was causing it and it hasn't been consistent enough to take it to a dealer. I guess I will see about getting into the dealer to have it checked now that there is a TSB and documented way to test for the problem.

Good luck! That TSB will find the problem if it's similar to the symptoms documented.