Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-29-2010, 08:57 AM   #29
Sack Rat 2SS

Drives: Silver SS/RS, Man 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
Hmmmm, I was set on the ADM Street as well. Looks like the CAI is the way to go.
OK guys. The magazine did not install the ADM intake correctly. They will be printing a retraction and retest in a later issue. They totally did not read how to install. The major problem lies in the pic of their install of the ADM unit. IE, the MAF is right at the 90 degree bend into the throttle body. NOT inside the airbox with the filter per the instructions. I can not believe a magazine that we put so much trust in can screw up such a simple install. Andy has contacted them and they admit they screwed up.
Sack Rat 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:03 AM   #30
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
I read the Article in Disbelief, when I saw the Picture of the ADM installed on the car.

I can't believe that Car Guys Can't Read simple instructions and just threw it on as they saw fit.

There should have been a clue when they had to sink the pipe in the couplers 4 inches to make room for the MAF in the Middle

And OH, what is the notch for in the air box, MAF Wires

ADM deserves a Year of FREE Full Page Advertising for that Screw UP.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:12 AM   #31
Robert91RS

Drives: Everywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I read the Article in Disbelief, when I saw the Picture of the ADM installed on the car.

I can't believe that Car Guys Can't Read simple instructions and just threw it on as they saw fit.

There should have been a clue when they had to sink the pipe in the couplers 4 inches to make room for the MAF in the Middle

Ted.
+1 BOOOOOOO

This is the kind of stuff that gives these magazines a bad rep.
Robert91RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:33 AM   #32
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
WOW! What a major screw up!!! I thought something was screwy. There were way too many people who have that intake and absolutely love it.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:03 AM   #33
Sack Rat 2SS

Drives: Silver SS/RS, Man 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
WOW! What a major screw up!!! I thought something was screwy. There were way too many people who have that intake and absolutely love it.
ADM Perf is the only CAI that is designed totally different from ALL the others. The MAF goes inside the airbox. I guess the num-nuts at GM Tech Hi Perf assumed they all had to be the same.
Sack Rat 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:35 AM   #34
JustinCesler

Drives: Trans Am
Hey Everyone,

Justin from GM High Tech Performance here!

SGOS252382, thanks for posting up about this article, as you mentioned it is on sale now in the May 2010 issue. I will be sure to link it in this thread once it hits our website.

We knew this would be a hot topic and like always we welcome any questions, comments or feedback. If you don't want to post here, feel free to email me justin.cesler@sorc.com - it is always the fastest way to reach me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
The baseline stock is the highest stock dyno I've ever seen...am I missing something here?
Medisin, we do agree this is one of the strongest 2010 Camaro's we have had on the dyno. That said, the baseline should really be used as a base, not compared against other cars dyno'd at other times/places/altitudes/etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Hmmm. I need to read this article, because nothing about those numbers look right.
Apex, please give it a read when you get a chance and let me know what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
No mention of tuning done for dyno numbers. They did try to downplay the dyno numbers saying "that there is no way to accurately replicate real-world conditions for intake testing." Basically because the dyno doesn't show any "ram air" properties of each design.
SGOS252382, we did not tune any of the intakes during the testing, we wanted to see what each did out of the box. Of course, tuning would be a huge variable and it wasn't something we wanted to introduce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAI Inc View Post
If you look at the ambient temps you'll notice they were different for the road test. Stock was tested at 60.8 degrees ours was tested at 71.6. This makes a big difference in power.
CAI - first, thanks for participating! As you mentioned, ambient temperatures did move around quite a bit during the day (that's Florida for you!) and we did make sure to note them in the article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Did it happen to log fuel trims?
We did indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sack Rat 2SS View Post
OK guys. The magazine did not install the ADM intake correctly. They will be printing a retraction and retest in a later issue. They totally did not read how to install. The major problem lies in the pic of their install of the ADM unit. IE, the MAF is right at the 90 degree bend into the throttle body. NOT inside the airbox with the filter per the instructions. I can not believe a magazine that we put so much trust in can screw up such a simple install. Andy has contacted them and they admit they screwed up.
Right on Sack Rat, we did install the ADM incorrectly, for which I take the blame. Unfortunately, our ego got the best of us and we didn't double check the directions on game day. Like everyone else, we are only human. I have talked to Andy and we plan on doing something in the future with his Race intake, including an install, which will hopefully help others from making the same mistake that we did!

Quote:

Ted.
Ted, please see my response above. By the way, nice work on your testing - it is nice to have a couple points of reference when making a purchasing decision like this.

Again, we want to say thank you to all our current (and future) readers for your interest. We understand that we messed up on the ADM intake install , however we feel that the rest of the data is still highly relevant and important. ALL of the vendors involved should feel GREAT about their products. This test marked a leap forward for our industry, with EVERY vendor going above and beyond to bring the best possible product to market.

Justin Cesler
GM High Tech Performance
justin.cesler@sorc.com
JustinCesler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:45 AM   #35
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCesler View Post
Hey Everyone,

Justin from GM High Tech Performance here!

SGOS252382, thanks for posting up about this article, as you mentioned it is on sale now in the May 2010 issue. I will be sure to link it in this thread once it hits our website.

We knew this would be a hot topic and like always we welcome any questions, comments or feedback. If you don't want to post here, feel free to email me justin.cesler@sorc.com - it is always the fastest way to reach me.

Medisin, we do agree this is one of the strongest 2010 Camaro's we have had on the dyno. That said, the baseline should really be used as a base, not compared against other cars dyno'd at other times/places/altitudes/etc.

Apex, please give it a read when you get a chance and let me know what you think.

SGOS252382, we did not tune any of the intakes during the testing, we wanted to see what each did out of the box. Of course, tuning would be a huge variable and it wasn't something we wanted to introduce.

CAI - first, thanks for participating! As you mentioned, ambient temperatures did move around quite a bit during the day (that's Florida for you!) and we did make sure to note them in the article.

We did indeed!

Right on Sack Rat, we did install the ADM incorrectly, for which I take the blame. Unfortunately, our ego got the best of us and we didn't double check the directions on game day. Like everyone else, we are only human. I have talked to Andy and we plan on doing something in the future with his Race intake, including an install, which will hopefully help others from making the same mistake that we did!

Ted, please see my response above. By the way, nice work on your testing - it is nice to have a couple points of reference when making a purchasing decision like this.

Again, we want to say thank you to all our current (and future) readers for your interest. We understand that we messed up on the ADM intake install , however we feel that the rest of the data is still highly relevant and important. ALL of the vendors involved should feel GREAT about their products. This test marked a leap forward for our industry, with EVERY vendor going above and beyond to bring the best possible product to market.

Justin Cesler
GM High Tech Performance
justin.cesler@sorc.com

Justin,

It is nice to see you taking the right steps and logging on and posting like this. ADM makes a great product and I would hate to see any negative outcome for them because of the article ..

Crowley
Old 03-29-2010, 12:00 PM   #36
tman52804

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro SS/RS
I'm happy with my Airaid purchase. Very nice.
MGW Short throw shifter
Kooks LT Headers/Hi flow Cats
Vmax TB
tman52804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:30 PM   #37
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Quote:
I have talked to Andy and we plan on doing something in the future with his Race intake, including an install, which will hopefully help others from making the same mistake that we did!
Justin Cesler
GM High Tech Performance
justin.cesler@sorc.com
You will love the Race intake...if installed correctly... lol.. It happens to be on the fastest Bolton only L99 on the forum...See sig
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:59 PM   #38
Robert91RS

Drives: Everywhere
Quote:

Justin Cesler
GM High Tech Performance
justin.cesler@sorc.com
Props for coming here and owning up to your mistake. Much respect regained.
Robert91RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:03 PM   #39
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Hello Justin, Thanks for Responding, Love your Magazine been getting it for years.

When you guys going to take a trip up and check out my facility I know your in the area now an then, in fact you drive right by here to go to East side.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:16 PM   #40
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '06 HHR, '70 El Camino
Props Justin for logging and responding..Great mag
TEAM L99 - So Cal Camaro5 Race Team #27
9/5/09 Purchased #36962 Black 1SS/RS L99 "E-TCKT" Base Dyno 328hp/341tq @BBK meet
Mods to Date: Window Tint 5% & 15%, ACC P13W Lighting, Adaptive DRL Harness, Ghost Armor, Lloyds "SS" Mats, Dash Plaque, Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust, Drake Front Bowtie Delete, Stealth 3457 Chrome/Mirror Signal Bulbs, Grant Revolutions Steering Wheel, PFADT Sport Springs, Sway Bars, End Links, Trailing Arms, 4 Wheel Alignment, Hurst Auto Shifter and Paddle Shifter, Satin Black Rear Tail Light Bezels
Buffnshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:37 PM   #41
Apex Paul

Drives: Wagon Queen Family Truckster
Quote:

Ted.

GMHTP Magazine is a nice resource for enthusiasts, and has always worked well with those in the aftermarket. I'm certain that this error wasn't intended, and I'm sure they will make things right with Andy and ADM.
Apex Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:11 PM   #42
TrenAman

Drives: ADM SC 08 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sack Rat 2SS View Post
ADM Perf is the only CAI that is designed totally different from ALL the others. The MAF goes inside the airbox. I guess the num-nuts at GM Tech Hi Perf assumed they all had to be the same.
That is so messed up. You would have hoped that after they ran the #'s they would ahve said "that cannot be right" and double checked the install..

At least Justin stepped up to the plate here. He needs to do the right thing..
TrenAman is offline   Reply With Quote