Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-05-2017, 06:10 AM   #71
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAZL1 View Post
Still the wrong approach!! Like others have said, software is the answer, not legal action, that could ruin someone's life. Sad you can't see the big picture
No, it's sad that YOU cannot see the big picture! Texting and driving is as bad if not WORSE than drunk driving, as I have stated with factual evidence before. Google the Car and Driver article I referenced - you'll change your mind.

It is a very serious situation. Do not underestimate it, do not make light of it, and technology is not the answer. People must be

And your opinion does not matter or apply until you DO read that entire article and think about the dire consequences of texting while driving.

You are part of the ignorant problem in this country. Drinking and driving = texting and driving. Until people understand that we will continue to have fatalities due to stupid texting. Texting fatalities continue to rise in this country and technology will not stop it. People can defeat and go around the technology.

As for anyone out there thinking about "cell phone blockers"...... any device jamming any radio frequency is a violation of FCC rules, whether your jamming perimeter is 3 feet or 300 feet. It's unlawful to interfere with any radio frequency. So go ahead and buy that cell phone jammer, you probably won't get caught but in the off chance you do, you've been promptly warned.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 06:33 AM   #72
MSboy91

Drives: Hyper Blue Metallic 2016 2SS M6
I-55 in MS before you hit Madison county is basically autobahn (over exaggerated) for the USA lol. I kid you not, everybody is flying. the speed limit is 70 but the flow of traffic is about 80-83. Even the troppers are going about 80 and won't stop anybody. I remember when I had my 04 impala headed back to the city I use to live in. it was me and 3 other cars trailing each other going about 90-95. Yeah, crazy I know, but we did and occasionally I could cars would join in for a few miles. Was pretty fun
MSboy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 06:53 AM   #73
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
It is a very serious situation. Do not underestimate it, do not make light of it, and technology is not the answer. People must be
In theory, absolutely.

But attitudes today aren't what they used to be with regard to personal responsibilities. You'll have to find a way to fix the "it's only a phone call/it's OK if I don't get caught/nothing bad happened this time so it's really OK anyway" mindset first. I wish you luck and would support such an effort, but I won't be holding my breath for much improvement happening any time soon.

Maybe if people didn't let themselves become such slaves to their phones in the first place . . .

Quote:
As for anyone out there thinking about "cell phone blockers"...... any device jamming any radio frequency is a violation of FCC rules, whether your jamming perimeter is 3 feet or 300 feet. It's unlawful to interfere with any radio frequency. So go ahead and buy that cell phone jammer, you probably won't get caught but in the off chance you do, you've been promptly warned.
Blocking does not have to mean jamming. But when the FCC rules were originally written nobody ever saw this situation coming, so I'm inclined to take a "never say never" attitude here. Even FCC rules and guidelines can and do change. Look what happened to broadcast TV a few years back, when you had to get a converter box if your TV was grabbing its signal from your own antenna rather than cable or satellite.

Simply disabling BT to the driver seat (in combination with enforced hands-free policies) wouldn't completely eliminate the problem. But it would make it a smaller one. Just like 0.10 and 0.08 has had to have helped that other situation at least a little.

On the matter of speeding itself, a little tolerance should exist. And in most places I've driven through (East Coast out to about the Mid-west) this is in fact true. People aren't perfect. But concepts like "reasonable" and "a little" here is more like 5 - 8 rather than 15 - 20 or more.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 06-05-2017 at 07:05 AM.
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote