Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 04-18-2017, 04:33 PM   #15
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Polishing is the way to the best shine. Don't let manufacturer's trick you with their nonsense that any particular wax will create better shine. It's marketing hype.

These products just fill minor imperfections, so you cant see them. It's just like putting makeup on your face. After it's washed off or gone, the imperfections are right back.

This video will show you the difference. DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE!

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:44 PM   #16
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
Polishing is the way to the best shine. Don't let manufacturer's trick you with their nonsense that any particular wax will create better shine. It's marketing hype.

These products just fill minor imperfections, so you cant see them. It's just like putting makeup on your face. After it's washed off or gone, the imperfections are right back.

This video will show you the difference. DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE!

This for sure... I just finished going through Glen's process with the products recommended and the result is breathtaking. The camaro looks MUCH better than the day I picked it up after the dealership 'detailing' (never again)

I messed up the 'wax step' (wrong product), but that's the point, the wax had nothing to do with it... My first time polishing and I can't believe the results!
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:45 PM   #17
timmy8784
Drippin' Wet Auto Detail

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
Car Pro, Gtechniq, 2PPLE, Kamikaze, Polish Angel, Gyeon, Optimum come to mind. Will provide links if your interested. I don't use wax anymore, just coatings, or wax with coating elements such as Kamikaze Infinity wax.
Nothing wrong with a good wax, sealant, but coatings are the way I prefer to go.

Im near the Sac area and do coatings on weekends if your interested in learning about it, or want an installation.
These are all great products. All have similar results but all way out perform wax ten fold.

Sealants and Coatings are going to give much better protection than wax.

But if you want the best protection, coatings are the way to go. As Glen as said numerous times, most of these products are very very similar, but the technique used to apply them makes the most difference.
timmy8784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:54 PM   #18
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
This is my 2012 2SS after polishing. There is no wax, sealant, glaze or any type of product on the paint in this picture. Shine and clarity come from polishing.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1476639561

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 05:25 PM   #19
Odd Jobb

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Thanks brother... This was the car that started the real corvette problem...

Now that is just too Sexxy!! I sat in a Vette when I was searching for my Camaro, a dealer asked If I wanted to go on a test drive. I had to decline, knowing I would sunk if I did,,,lol
Odd Jobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 05:30 PM   #20
Odd Jobb

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
25 bucks is super inexpensive. This is a little more and it goes up and up.

http://www.esotericcarcare.com/kamikaze-infinity-wax/
or this...... lol
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/polis...E#.WPaAbxllCBY
Holy Crap Batman!!!! That last one, surely is not flying of the shelf!!! That $25 stuff is lookin pretty good,,,lol
Odd Jobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 06:36 PM   #21
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd Jobb View Post
Holy Crap Batman!!!! That last one, surely is not flying of the shelf!!! That $25 stuff is lookin pretty good,,,lol
Very true, the first one works great, but by volume is worse than the second. It is usually sold out, but the cost is more manageable, content small.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote