Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 01-14-2014, 06:20 PM   #15
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Very nice set up!

If/when I switch pumps (which might be soon) I'm definitely considering going toe Stewart EMP route. Any idea if this is a plug and play or did ADM have to do something special to get it to work properly?

Question about your mounting location, is there no room for the Stewart pump where the OEM pump is? Or did you just want to mount it in the back by your battery?
I'm sure he used the Lingenfelter harness. I have never had an electrical issue of any kind. I have noticed that my voltage gauge shows a lot of charge when I start the car every other week and just take it for a short warm up ride. This is another reason I have been hesitant to change to a lightweight racing battery.

I think it would fit in the stock location but we talked extensively about the water routing in the stock car and how the reservoirs are generally recommended to be placed in line and frankly I think they are just plain wrong. The last reservoir I had was directly after the supercharger and the pump was after it. The steam coming out of the supercharger melted the plastic tank and the pressure bleed of the steam warped the filler neck so bad it remained a non-pressurized system. With this type of set-up the pump sees some very hot water and then pushes it into the exchanger in the grill. The other thing is, if you happened to try to put ice in that reservoir it would pump it into the heat exchanger in the grill and blow a fan on it to warm the water back up. not good.

My current set-up has the pump right next to the tank so it gets water that has already passed the front heat exchanger and mixed with tank contents and pushes it into the supercharger. When the blazing hot water comes out of the supercharger it goes directly to the heat exchanger in the grill and hopefully any steam gets converted to liquid again and it runs back in a metal pipe under the car to my tank in the trunk. If I ice the tank in the trunk, I get ice water directly into the engine without a heat exchanger pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMMUSCLE View Post
Nice work.
That is a really nice setup.
Love the way it looks like factory.
Are you going to have a manual switch for in line staging.
Love the ice box and location.

Really, Andy at ADM deserves all of the praise. He put it all together. It is a great system.

I do have a switch right on the front of the reservoir that manually cycles the pump but I cannot see using it when staging. Even if I fill the tank with ice and leave the engine off that pump is so fast it cycles the entire 4 gallons in about 8 seconds. Bags of ice just disappear in like 15 seconds now everything is cold until the supercharger starts blasting it but basically flipping it on just makes the ice melt sooner before I'm ready to run. If the engine is running at idle it is cooling fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew P View Post
+1 on the wiring question for the Stewart EMP. Curious if the increased draw of this pump causes any charging issues. I had to make some electrical changes after installing the KB BAP, so curious what that pump does to the stock electrical system.
As mentioned above, I can see a load on my volt meter especially when I first start the car but to this point I have zero issues of any kind with anything electrical.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:14 AM   #16
Botally Tone

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray ZL1
Baylor did you ever switch the pump? What were your findings if you did?
Botally Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:35 AM   #17
jon6.0
Going for Plaid

Drives: 2011 C6
I'm really liking that ADM setup jessrayo. I wonder if they could make all the lines/brackets and just send me everything as a kit?

Serviced and modded by Cordes Performance.

2011 C6, 750rwhp, forged LS3, ported LSA heads, Vortech Ti-trim, 227/243 115+4 Lunati cam, ported LS3 intake, Alky Control methanol, Pfadt sways/shocks/trans mounts, Pfadt tri-y headers(Sold 6/28/14)
jon6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:52 AM   #18
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon6.0 View Post
I'm really liking that ADM setup jessrayo. I wonder if they could make all the lines/brackets and just send me everything as a kit?
You would have to call ADM but I don't think he has any kind of kit, he probably only does these in house. I know of at least 2 other cars with exactly the same set-up. I haven't seen anything any better. If you really want to keep the supercharger system as cool as possible it would probably be worthwhile to drive your car out to his shop and then fly home. Fly out when he is done. I have seen a lot of guys do this to get him to work on their cars.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:18 AM   #19
jon6.0
Going for Plaid

Hmm. I'm doing a mega road trip this September from Phoenix to Pittsburgh via Deals Gap and the Blue Ridge Parkway. Maybe I can talk to him about leaving the car there on my way back.

2011 C6, 750rwhp, forged LS3, ported LSA heads, Vortech Ti-trim, 227/243 115+4 Lunati cam, ported LS3 intake, Alky Control methanol, Pfadt sways/shocks/trans mounts, Pfadt tri-y headers(Sold 6/28/14)
Old 07-01-2014, 12:01 PM   #20
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Quote:
Hmm. I'm doing a mega road trip this September from Phoenix to Pittsburgh via Deals Gap and the Blue Ridge Parkway. Maybe I can talk to him about leaving the car there on my way back.
With that kind of advanced scheduling you should be fine. I hope it is not real late Sept because he always has a full house prepping for the Texas mile which next runs on Oct 23rd.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:16 PM   #21
jon6.0
Going for Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
With that kind of advanced scheduling you should be fine. I hope it is not real late Sept because he always has a full house prepping for the Texas mile which next runs on Oct 23rd.
It would be the last half of September. I'm taking the 4th through the 29th off to go visit a bunch of buddies from my Navy days. Driving twisty roads and drinking beer with old friends is the mission of this trip.

Sorry OP.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:22 AM   #22
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botally Tone View Post
Baylor did you ever switch the pump? What were your findings if you did?
No I have not yet. I had a track day (first one with ZL1) a couple of months ago and I wasn't having much heat soak issues. I'm putting down ~550 rwhp but also have the D3 larger reservoir and Ron Davis heat exchanger. So my overall intercooler capacity is larger than stock, which no doubt helped.

Interestingly, one of our club sponsors brought his ZL1 (~900 rwhp) out to play on the track. He's got this pump and it was sucking so hard that it was collapsing the inlet line. I think he was using a 3/4" line, pretty sure 1" is suggested. I figure I'll let him work the kinks out before I go over to this pump.

I've got another track day July 12, there is only 15 of us the entire day. So I will be running the piss out of the car. Mix that with Texas summer and I'm certain I'm going to be seeing some heat soak....

Quote:
Sorry OP.
No worries!
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:35 AM   #23
jon6.0
Going for Plaid

Even with 1" he may have to use a reinforced hose that won't collapse on the suction of the pump.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:37 AM   #24
jon6.0
Going for Plaid

I went with the Rotofab(Lingenfelter) reservoir. Going to try the lines like jessrayo suggested. Supercharger, heat exchanger, pump, reservoir, supercharger. With the stock pump and heat exchanger at first. Also going to fill the system with Engine Ice. It's worth a try.

Old 04-12-2017, 10:14 PM   #25
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Thread bump.

Anyone else running this set up? Results?

Baylor moved on the the C7 vett so....
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote