Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-12-2017, 01:30 PM   #43
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by I`m Batman View Post
I would pursue counter sue or something because of the lies and you have to go through all of this.
+1 +1 +1... I know you're tired and you just want it to be over, hire a good lawyer and see this through. Any attorney with half a brain would jump on this case and do all the heavy lifting.

You said in an earlier post that you have back pain. Sue em for it. Time lost and personal grief due to them lying? Sue em for it.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:26 PM   #44
SS_Malibu

Drives: 2017 Artic Blue Metallic RS Vert
Man, I currently drive a 13 year old carolla, but I think n I will be asking for a good dash cam for a late Bday present. I have two different ladies here at my work that had basically the EXACT same thing happen to them. One was cleared when they were able to get security camera footage showing the other car running a red light(not setting still and going once the light changed like they claimed) and the other when a bus camera like yours was located.
Long story in full, but will give short version... I myself was backing out of a spot at the bank, and came close to hitting a car zooming into another spot. I stopped, waved an apology and drove back to work... they followed me, ,claimed I hit them, refused to go back to the bank to file a report with the police. I gave them my info,informed my insurance ,called the cops and filled out a report showing that the officer saw no damage on my rear bumper at all. They had driven to the hospital and all 5 of them went into the emergency room for treatment, one started chiropractic treatment the next day. The bank would not let anyone see the film, BUT once the fraud investigator got involved they viewed it for him and said there was no impact. The security guard said he didn't see it, but he didn't think I had hit them, and he didn't hear an impact. This is how crazy they were.. my plastic number had no damage, their metal door was caved in.. it was an old dent that they had put new molding over.. but they said I somehow dented the door without hitting the molding? Yeah once the fraud investigator threatened to prosecute they dropped it.. but if I had a car with damage to the rear already? And somewhere with no cameras? I would have been hung out to dry. So TLr.... everybody should have a dashcam.
SS_Malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:53 PM   #45
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
WTF...who was the witness, that light was red for at least 10 seconds.

Glad it all worked out in the end - congrats, nice win!
+1

Also, fwd to police. The guy should be arrested.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:53 PM   #46
2K16SummitSS
Resident Land Surveyor

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS - Summit White M6
WOW....just, wow... you are so lucky to have that video!! I'm definitely relieved for you, I remember your other thread. This situation definitely has me thinking harder about a dash cam as well. I am on the road a LOT, and most of the trip there are no cameras, so it would be witness testimony only. I would be absolutely furious if I had to deal with such dishonesty. Regardless of witnesses who probably only saw the aftermath, the other driver HAD to know that they ran that light...at no time was it even close to green when they approached.
2001 NBM Trans Am WS6, Wifey's Grocery Getter - Torquer V2 cam, Racetronix Fuel Pump, Yank 3000 Stall, Transgo 1-2 kit, TSP LTs, Magnaflow, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTIIs, Ed Wright tuned
2K16SummitSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:58 PM   #47
chrest

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
man this is wild. id be sick without that video knowing you did the right thing!

glad that video was available for you!
603hp/547tq
chrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:01 PM   #48
Est98SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whis View Post
+1

Also, fwd to police. The guy should be arrested.
I called my local police station (same station that was dispatched to the accident) and told them the situation and wanted them to rewrite the report and do something about the ticket and the guy said they can't rewrite the report but they can take it down as evidence to make the insurance process easier. Well I went to the station and tried to show them the video and they simply told me "We can't do anything all this needs to be handled in traffic court" they didn't even bother watching so they're really no help. When I told them whoever answered the phone told me to come down the chief asked me what officer I spoke to on the phone I told him I don't know who answers your phones? And he just said I don't know and that was it. Not to mention the officer who told me I was at fault said he'd review the footage from the bus the same night as the accident and call me if anything changed but he never did.
Est98SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:18 PM   #49
Drew66

Drives: Black Coupe
All I can say is "Karma is a bitch". Positive energy causes positive energy to return to you. The other person will have to pay somebody sometime. Your positive energy was returned to you. Obviously, you never gave up because you knew you were right, but nonetheless you persevered.

Drew
Drew66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:21 PM   #50
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Est98SS View Post
I called my local police station (same station that was dispatched to the accident) and told them the situation and wanted them to rewrite the report and do something about the ticket and the guy said they can't rewrite the report but they can take it down as evidence to make the insurance process easier. Well I went to the station and tried to show them the video and they simply told me "We can't do anything all this needs to be handled in traffic court" they didn't even bother watching so they're really no help. When I told them whoever answered the phone told me to come down the chief asked me what officer I spoke to on the phone I told him I don't know who answers your phones? And he just said I don't know and that was it. Not to mention the officer who told me I was at fault said he'd review the footage from the bus the same night as the accident and call me if anything changed but he never did.
Wow... glad you and I pay taxes for this excellent service
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:41 PM   #51
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
Plead innocent to the ticket and ask for a jury trial so the officer will have to come to court to testify. Then lay it all out there to waste as much of their time as you can. Also what they said when you got the video and came down to the station. Obviously they think their time is more valuable than yours and the judge.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:56 PM   #52
SS_Malibu

Drives: 2017 Artic Blue Metallic RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Est98SS View Post

Actually... contact the prosecutor's office. It is in their hands now. I believe if you do they will want to see the video and will drop all charges without you having
Yo go to traffic court. They would also be the ones to determine if a charge should be made against the other driver.
SS_Malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 04:16 PM   #53
Frank237

Drives: Kubota 2640, 83 BMW R-65, 2017 1 SS
Glad it all worked out for You. Congrat's.

Go to the Prosecutor/County Attorneys Office. Unsure what it's called in Cali, but they are the ones that appear in Court for the City. May save you some time in Court.

Otherwise, absolutely contest the violation and request a Jury trial.

A week or so prior to the trial meet up with the Attorney who will prosecute, tell them You have new evidence they should see. As it can save everyone the time and cost of the trial.

Good Luck.
Frank237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 04:23 PM   #54
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
for the last few days, as i've used PDR in my 1LE, I've been thinking about posting a new thread about asking GM to make the PDR camera have a "Dash Cam" mode that doesn't require me to manually start recording each time I start the car.

I think that the "valet mode" does this, but I want to have it under normal use as well.

I have a dash cam on my Honda Pilot, and bought another but returned it for my Volt, but man, they will come in handy in a situation like this. some huge percentage of Russians have dash cams due to lax laws and corrupt law enforcement, I tell you this situation makes me think I should definitely have it on all my cars.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:27 PM   #55
alpeltier

Drives: Will drive a 2018 2SS White Redline
Send a message via Skype™ to alpeltier
Seeing this I won't be without a dash cam. You are so lucky that you didn't get hurt, and good for you. Makes me feel good about driving one of those. I noticed the side airbags deployed. I am still in the waiting for my car and I ordered it with the PVR. I don't know much about it and even if I can have it on all the time.

Cheers

Al
alpeltier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:03 PM   #56
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
+1 +1 +1... I know you're tired and you just want it to be over, hire a good lawyer and see this through. Any attorney with half a brain would jump on this case and do all the heavy lifting.

You said in an earlier post that you have back pain. Sue em for it. Time lost and personal grief due to them lying? Sue em for it.

This!
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote