Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-23-2017, 08:28 AM   #1
JudgeShredd

Drives: 2006 Mustang
Is a 10-13 Orange on Orange 2LT RS as HTF as I'm experiencing?

Hey all - long time lurker here, finally pulling the trigger on purchasing a 10-13 2LT Camaro.

I'm currently driving a '12 Mustang, and I actually *settled* for this car because I couldn't find a Camaro with everything I was looking for at the time -
*2LT Trim
*RS Package
*IOM exterior
*Orange interior
*Manual
& an HUD would've been nice, but not a deal breaker

I've been scowering the web for over 3 months now and there are tons of Camaro's out there, but rarely any to these specs, and when there are, most are in terrible condition.

Seems like the only ones that are in good condition, are always missing at least one thing I want, whether it be the trim, the RS package, or the orange interior.

I'm pretty tired of searching, but I have 2 options right now: There's an '11 (37k miles on it / $16.5 retail) with all the above specs in it, but it's halfway across the country. I'm in CA and it's in TX. Considering how grueling this search has been, I'm down for grabbing it up.
However, the other option is a '10 (only 13k miles on it / $16.9 retail) with all the specs except the RS package and HUD, and this one's literally right down the highway from me.
What I'm leaning towards right now is picking up the '10 since it's got a 3rd of the miles and is in immaculate condition. Then, just swap in the RS head/tail lamps/wheels (which is all I'm after in that package anyway). It'd also be nice that this switch allows me to run the fog lights as true fogs as opposed to just DRLs like a factory RS Package.

Just had a couple questions about doing this and wanted your guys opinions as well:
-Would swapping out the non-RS 19s for the staggered RS 20s require recalibration of my gauges or anything? Not sure if the diameters of these differ or not. Any info would be helpful.
-Do you guys think "settling" for the non-RS and just swapping in RS appearance mods is the wrong way to go? Should I just hold out and keep searching for the fully loaded Cam I'm looking for?
-Given the above, is this car as hard to find as I'm experiencing?? Like I mentioned, seems like it's almost impossible to find in good condition!
-WWYD? lol

Sorry for the lengthy post, but just wanted to get some feedback towards making my decision. I've driven Mustangs for the past 10 years, haven't had a Camaro since my first car, and I'm ready to get back into the family but want to make sure I'm making the best decision/deal possible. Any + all help is appreciated. Thanks
JudgeShredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:16 AM   #2
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
IMO go for the 2010 that's close with low miles and add the parts, they can be found in the classified pretty regularly and cheap except for the headlights. Wheels and tires shouldn't be a issue gauge wise but I would find a set of 20x9's for all four corners and run 275's so you can rotate. I have a 2010 2SS/RS M6 car in the Orange on Orange that you want and there doesn't seem to be many on the road that's for sure.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:21 AM   #3
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
i wasnt sure i "needed" everything included in the RS package.after 6 months with the car i realise that i did.if the camaro in texas has all you want and they will send pics and documentation i would consider flying down and driving it home.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:46 AM   #4
JudgeShredd

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
IMO go for the 2010 that's close with low miles and add the parts, they can be found in the classified pretty regularly and cheap except for the headlights. Wheels and tires shouldn't be a issue gauge wise but I would find a set of 20x9's for all four corners and run 275's so you can rotate. I have a 2010 2SS/RS M6 car in the Orange on Orange that you want and there doesn't seem to be many on the road that's for sure.
Thanks for that info olblue, especially on the shoes - the ability to rotate tires was definitely something in the back of my mind. I'm already working a few deals on the RS parts and I'm surprised at how cheap most of them are, except for the headlights like you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
i wasnt sure i "needed" everything included in the RS package.after 6 months with the car i realise that i did.if the camaro in texas has all you want and they will send pics and documentation i would consider flying down and driving it home.
I get what you're saying, for a while I was in the same mindset, too - that it HAD to have it all. Just seems like it's not really in the cards from all the searching I've done (I've been checking nation wide for months) - and like mentioned by olblue up there, the RS stuff are things I can easily add on my own (already have great offers on all the parts and can easily install them on my own), so I'd just *temporarily* not have them lol

Just some additional feedback:
Even tho the TX car has everything, it seems to have a few dings here and there, and scraping on the back of the seats/center console as if some fidgety kid had been kicking around in the back seats. Also has 21s on it which aren't my preference nor practical for me, and those hideous bolted(?) on mud flaps, so I'd eventually have to address those.
The fact that the local car also has 1/3rd of the miles of the TX one is also very enticing. I'd be adding on a little under 2k miles driving loaded car back from TX.

What I definitely don't want to do, is continue this multiple-month waiting-game to see if another completely loaded one pops up, only to find nothing come around and miss out on the few ones listed. Ah, the joy of car shopping, right? haha
Old 02-23-2017, 12:11 PM   #5
Raulo19

Drives: 2013 Dusk SS, 2017 Pacifica
Call me crazy, but I think the manual is gonna make it hard to find. I think your gonna have to settle for different colors, buy a different one and do the work, or keep searching. Good luck with it.
Raulo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:00 PM   #6
JudgeShredd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raulo19 View Post
Call me crazy, but I think the manual is gonna make it hard to find. I think your gonna have to settle for different colors, buy a different one and do the work, or keep searching. Good luck with it.
Another great point I forgot to mention - majority of the ones meeting all/most of the criteria were Autos!! Just made it more frustrating.

I saw the dealer just dropped the price on the one in my state, so I've already scheduled an appt first thing Sat morning. They said they'd give me a call right before close tomorrow to make sure the car's still there. Fingers crossed nobody swoops it up before then!
Old 02-23-2017, 04:28 PM   #7
B_Rian

Drives: 2014 2SS
just found this on AutoList. It's pretty far from you, but I believe it has everything you're looking for

2013 IOM 2LT Camaro
B_Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:01 PM   #8
IOMCamaroSS
#PrimeCamaros

Drives: IOM '10 Camaro SS
It sounds like you have concerns about the one that's further away and to me, I wouldn't travel that far unless I was certain it was the exact car I wanted.

Good luck with the other one. The orange interior is definitely worth holding out for. I love it on my car! Hopefully the RS parts shouldn't be too hard to find.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:10 PM   #9
JudgeShredd

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Rian View Post
just found this on AutoList. It's pretty far from you, but I believe it has everything you're looking for

2013 IOM 2LT Camaro
Wow! Thanks for sending that my way! Looks awesome and all but man oh man, it's way out there. I think half way across the country was the most I was willing to go - but after more consideration, I'm leaning more and more towards sticking with one in my own state, even if I've gotta sacrifice one of the things I want. Like I said, the RS package isn't that big a deal, I can easily add it on later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMCamaroSS View Post
It sounds like you have concerns about the one that's further away and to me, I wouldn't travel that far unless I was certain it was the exact car I wanted.

Good luck with the other one. The orange interior is definitely worth holding out for. I love it on my car! Hopefully the RS parts shouldn't be too hard to find.
Yeah, it's hard to judge from just the pictures. And like you said, unless everything is *exactly* how I want it, it's hard to justify traveling all the way over there and traveling back.

As I mentioned, the dealer just dropped the price on the one right by me, and everything in that one looks immaculate aside from it not having the RS package (again, not a big deal, could easily add all that good stuff later). & This one's been sitting on the lot nearly 2 months, with several price drops, and with it being the end of the month, I feel like I've got a good amount of negotiating power. Hoping to close this one this weekend and finally become the proud owner of a Camaro!!
Wish me luck!
Old 02-23-2017, 10:51 PM   #10
bdd8401

Drives: 2015 2LT SW RS A6
I would look for a 12 and up unless you want the llt engine, lfx motor is a safer choice engine wise.
bdd8401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 11:06 PM   #11
Talladega

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Fly to Texas and drive back, or get a car hauling company to bring it to you. I was in the same boat. I had a list of wants in a car, I kept searching anything local but never found it. I eventually found it, flew out and drove back.

Bottom line don't settle or you will regret it later, example being the Mustang you drive now that you said you settled on.
Talladega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 06:52 PM   #12
JudgeShredd

just got the call that the one state side just sold - the car eludes me yet again!!! >=|
Old 02-25-2017, 06:05 PM   #13
nikon2003

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
I have a 2010 IOM 2ss/rs that's an m6. IOM interior. 17k miles I've been contemplating moving. It does have a cam and exhaust though. Not stock. Pm me if interested
nikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 06:37 PM   #14
Raulo19

Drives: 2013 Dusk SS, 2017 Pacifica
And it's an SS. I'd call that a win.
Raulo19 is offline   Reply With Quote