Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-23-2017, 12:05 PM   #15
cobaltss21

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
I may not have been clear. We bought the car new about 4 years ago. I started to notice the rear end blowing the right rear loose on its own first during tight right handed corners. It will also happen on slick roads going in a straight line. In both cases, it is not all the time. Good chance the dealer did not put in the additive that they said they did when they serviced it.
I agree with your desire for a 1LE vs a standard SS. Test drove both and would not have bought a Camaro if the 1LE package was not available. When you test drive one, do it aggressively and put the rear end under a load in a tight corner, as well as what others have mentioned. You will know after you drive the car in my opinion.
If I was free this weekend I would go to Coggin and look at the car for you. They are only about an hour away, but I have meetings this weekend and family commitments next weekend, so I could not do it then.
Lol oh okay yeah that cleared it up for me. And yeah ill have to test drive it regardless to really get feel for the car and really check it out. I will most likely have to go check it out next weekend unfortunately.. have some family coming down.. but I appreciate you thinking about going over there though! You're more than welcome to
cobaltss21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 12:08 PM   #16
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
that many miles in that short of time means it was mostly highway miles. It's high miles for the year though... I would want a big discount over a lower mileage car.

you better off trying to find a lower mileage car around same price if you can.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 12:51 PM   #17
cobaltss21

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggyusa View Post
that many miles in that short of time means it was mostly highway miles. It's high miles for the year though... I would want a big discount over a lower mileage car.

you better off trying to find a lower mileage car around same price if you can.
That's what I'm assuming too and I overlooked the carfax and the first oil change was done 2 months after purchasing the car so unless he was doing some major cross country traveling between those months, it must be highway miles

There's another 15 1le without the rs package with 26k miles on it for almost 28k but those halos and led tails look much better than the regular headlights imo
Old 02-23-2017, 02:07 PM   #18
PandaSS

Drives: 2010 1SS L99
I bought my camaro (Used 2010 SS with extremely low miles) from Coggin and my dad bought a new silverado from them, all within the past 2 years. We have had positive experiences with the dealership. Unfortunately, I am now stationed in Maryland and the salesman I bought from moved to another dealership. The test drive(s) they allowed me to do were pretty comprehensive. I don't have much advice on the car but this might give you a little peace of mind
Old 02-23-2017, 02:43 PM   #19
cobaltss21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaSS View Post
I bought my camaro (Used 2010 SS with extremely low miles) from Coggin and my dad bought a new silverado from them, all within the past 2 years. We have had positive experiences with the dealership. Unfortunately, I am now stationed in Maryland and the salesman I bought from moved to another dealership. The test drive(s) they allowed me to do were pretty comprehensive. I don't have much advice on the car but this might give you a little peace of mind
Yeah anything helps to be honest. Thank you! I'd rather hear about a dealership that has good experiences with customers instead of sales guys not working with anyone and have alot of complaints you know, there's a dealership my parents have gone to forever now and I've been taking my cars but they don't seem to get any good used cars that are worth me buying lol
Old 02-23-2017, 05:02 PM   #20

Drives: 15 1SS 1LE
Not to brag, but mine was 28K for AGM 15 1LE 11K miles 1SS very. Along with 2yr warranty and GM service package. That I still haven't used. It took me almost six months before I came across this deal.
Good to hear that the 1LE's are holding their value.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:09 PM   #21
cobaltss21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427K View Post
Not to brag, but mine was 28K for AGM 15 1LE 11K miles 1SS very. Along with 2yr warranty and GM service package. That I still haven't used. It took me almost six months before I came across this deal.
Good to hear that the 1LE's are holding their value.
See where's that deal! Lol I think either negotiating the price down or atleast making the car certified with some type of extra warranty would be worth it in my book
Old 02-24-2017, 08:34 AM   #22
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
It should not be a problem, but with extra mileage you have to be concerned with brakes, tires, and other typical wear and tear items, and paint condition.

Some of the other posters may have a point, in that since you are liking a 1/LE, that it may serve your purpose better by shopping around and looking at lower mileage examples. Don't lock yourself into the one car that's for sale, because you may be able to get another car in better condition for not much of a difference in price.

Used cars are a bit trickier to shop for than new IMO, but you should always shop around and compare prices and examples, even when you may really want one car or have a specific car in mind.

Edit: One other thing, establish a standard when you shop....especially for used cars. For example, I noticed that your current car has 22k miles; A good standard to establish is that the next car should not have more than 22k miles or at least the same mileage that you purchased your current car at. I definitely would not go to a higher mileage car from my existing car (sometimes there are special circumstances when you do, like when you are buying a classic or a car that you intend to rebuild). In your case, I definitely would shop around and look at 1/LE's at 22k miles or less.

Good luck.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:59 AM   #23
cobaltss21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
It should not be a problem, but with extra mileage you have to be concerned with brakes, tires, and other typical wear and tear items, and paint condition.

Some of the other posters may have a point, in that since you are liking a 1/LE, that it may serve your purpose better by shopping around and looking at lower mileage examples. Don't lock yourself into the one car that's for sale, because you may be able to get another car in better condition for not much of a difference in price.

Used cars are a bit trickier to shop for than new IMO, but you should always shop around and compare prices and examples, even when you may really want one car or have a specific car in mind.

Edit: One other thing, establish a standard when you shop....especially for used cars. For example, I noticed that your current car has 22k miles; A good standard to establish is that the next car should not have more than 22k miles or at least the same mileage that you purchased your current car at. I definitely would not go to a higher mileage car from my existing car (sometimes there are special circumstances when you do, like when you are buying a classic or a car that you intend to rebuild). In your case, I definitely would shop around and look at 1/LE's at 22k miles or less.

Good luck.
You made some very good points and it's kinda hard to find something with as low miles as I do now since I'm not putting very many miles on my cars at all. But I see what you mean about not going higher in mileage compared to what I have, I did that a couple years ago going from a cruze to a Cobalt ss that had 100k on it but that I was able to buy out right, yet I was always nervous that something big would go wrong with the car so in turn I bought the camaro I have now with really low mileage so thanks for that lol