Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 01-01-2017, 10:52 AM   #29
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
Here you go
[ATTACH]Name:  IMG_6612.jpg
Views: 5592
Size:  215.6 KB[/ATTACH]
Attached Images

vet757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 12:32 PM   #30
JBinSD

Drives: '23 LT Vert M6'16 Hyper 2SS Vert MT
BTW, just got my silicone holder like OP, and its TOTALLY WORTHLESS. Mat stays where you put it, but the phone does not. Even on very mild acceleration, the phone flew back in my face, and does not stay in the cradle. The holder has very small "feet" to cradle the phone, and there's zero grip. I'm thinking I might try to mod it with some velcro or something to wrap around the phone, as the base seems to be a good idea, but it doesn't hold the phone in place, at all. . .
JBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 04:07 PM   #31
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishopski View Post
Guys, this isnt a perfect match in color but its close and it works great (even under stress) Works well on my iPhone 6S Plus with a big rugged case too!

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Well, mine should be here Friday. So I guess I'll see which of you I agree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBinSD View Post
BTW, just got my silicone holder like OP, and its TOTALLY WORTHLESS. Mat stays where you put it, but the phone does not. Even on very mild acceleration, the phone flew back in my face, and does not stay in the cradle. The holder has very small "feet" to cradle the phone, and there's zero grip. I'm thinking I might try to mod it with some velcro or something to wrap around the phone, as the base seems to be a good idea, but it doesn't hold the phone in place, at all. . .
Old 01-05-2017, 04:47 PM   #32
JBinSD

I've been reading through the phone mount threads again, and I'm a bit surprised there hasn't been a mount that can occupy the large, flat, empty area to the right of the mylink console, or up on top of the flat dashboard.

Those suction-cup mounts never seem to last, and I don't want a vent clip, since I want the air available. I'm apprehensive about using the magnetic mounts, since it looks like they are affixed by an adhesive to the dash surface, doesn't that risk peeling/flaking of the surface of the dash? No bueno.

The best mount I've seen so far was in this:
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...ht=phone+mount

thread. I like that it perches above the Mylink, uses mostly gravity, but also requires the Proclip holder (+40) I might try making one, since I haven't seen any other phone mount that works with the interior geography of the car as well. There are plenty of good surfaces and space for a mount, we just need a mechanical method of affixation that will allow for a secure mount. I tried zip ties for the OPs mount in this thread, but its a lost cause I think, and a waste of money.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:43 PM   #33
libertyforall

Drives: '01 Camaro SS 'Vert; '02 Camaro RS
Lightbulb

That one is crap from how down low it is -- you NEED one which is EYE LEVEL or close to it. Better off using ProClip's suction cup mount! Another option would be to use a riser with the ProClip unit to make it even higher! Not to mention having your phone down low cannot record video over the dash when using TrackAddict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lDejavul View Post
Best phone holder bar none. http://www.proclipusa.com/dashboard-...maro/2016.cmsv

I've never had a better phone holder. Worth every penny.

Last edited by libertyforall; 01-09-2017 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Added option
libertyforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 11:09 PM   #34
Quinlan00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Repost from an earlier thread...

I bought one of these...

Scosche MAGDMB MagicMount Magnetic Dash Mount for Mobile Devices
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I608BJ8

and put it here...

It works perfectly for me in that position
Quinlan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:08 AM   #35
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Hey guys,. Just a heads up. some of those silicone mat style holder products typically leach into whatever surface they're laying on and will create a shadow looking imprint onto your dash. Watch out for those..
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 10:47 AM   #36
JBinSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinlan00 View Post
Repost from an earlier thread...

I bought one of these...

Scosche MAGDMB MagicMount Magnetic Dash Mount for Mobile Devices
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I608BJ8

and put it here...

It works perfectly for me in that position
does the adhesive stay stuck to the dash? Have you ever taken it off to see if there's damage to the surface? I get a little nervous gluing something to the dash, but this base is pretty small, so I guess its not that bad. . . would just hate to have a blemished dash right there if the mount didn't work, or fell off.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:10 PM   #37
bishopski

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT | 3.6L V6 | A/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBinSD View Post
Did yours not come with two sets of uprights? I am using the larger ones for my iPhone 6S Plus. There are no feet on mine. Its only soft silicone on the bottom which never moves at all. Did you get this from Amazon or one of those whack job sellers on Amazon?
Old 01-07-2017, 06:58 PM   #38
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishopski View Post
Did yours not come with two sets of uprights? I am using the larger ones for my iPhone 6S Plus. There are no feet on mine. Its only soft silicone on the bottom which never moves at all. Did you get this from Amazon or one of those whack job sellers on Amazon?
Got mine yesterday. It works great with my S7 Edge. Stays put. Works fantastic. I'm using all four uprights. Thank you!!
Old 01-07-2017, 07:16 PM   #39
bishopski

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT | 3.6L V6 | A/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan1LTRS View Post
Got mine yesterday. It works great with my S7 Edge. Stays put. Works fantastic. I'm using all four uprights. Thank you!!
Great Michigan1LTRS!
Old 01-07-2017, 11:25 PM   #40
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

Drives: Audi S6 V8TT, Volvos XC60 & S60R
****ing car makers, they should be solving this!
JoeAyalaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:46 PM   #41
JBinSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan1LTRS View Post
Two of the four "feet" or "uprights" are wider at the base. I think I had one thin, one thick when I tried it. Now that I realized the difference, I've used the two thinner ones, and it doesn't fly off the dash anymore, but it isn't super solid either. I will give it further road testing to see if it will stay in place, but making sure the feet securely hold the phone is important. I have a a Moto G4 with a fairly thick case, so the smaller feet hold it tighter, and I think that helps a bit.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:30 PM   #42
JBinSD

Just as an update, I've been using the smaller holder things for a week, and they are tight enough to hold the car, even under acceleration, so I withdraw my previous negative remarks. for a cheap, easy phone dash mount, this thing works well (the phone does move abit, but not horribly)