Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-15-2016, 07:59 PM   #29
jdrop01

Drives: 05 GTO
I do gearing. 3.91 take about $1500 or so but save the rest =]
jdrop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 08:26 PM   #30
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Like i posted....i have the 391s and am getting a stall fri....ill post back if i think these 2 mods out perform anything else ive done. Ive never driven a stalled car before.
Looking forward to the review.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:51 PM   #31
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by i2disturbedSS View Post
Looking forward to the review.
It will be a review or a new thread with the
Is this fixable ? question.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 09:45 AM   #32
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymjustice View Post
I forgot to mention....I do not want to do anything that will void my warranty at this time. I bought it GM Certified with a really good warranty so I want to put a few miles on it before I start modifying the motor.
As said, this will take long tubes out of the picture since they require a tune, if for nothing else to turn the o2's off. This may be enough to take out the warranty, depending on the issue and the dealership.

I think you can get 3:91 gears from GMPP and have them installed by the dealership. If I recall correctly, the kit includes a tune to adjust the ecm and this will not void the warranty.

High flow cats on your stock system might be option, not as productive as long tubes but a little more with no tune required.

However, if it were me, and I also had cosmetics in mind, I would do those while I waited for the warranty to tick off. In the meantime, putting cash away to do the go fast stuff.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 07:30 AM   #33
joeymjustice

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
take the 2 grand and save it for another two and do the cam and headers at the same time with a tune via dyno and a CAI and high flow cats, and have in hand cam , lifters, buckets, timing cover set, timing chain, dampener, oil pump, springs, break in oil, anti freeze, 160 thermostat, you have to measure for pushrods.

For visual, vinyl rally stripes , shark gills for your Phat fenders high lighting The similarity to a old school 69 if you want, LEDs for the DRLs, some mud flaps to help like the stealth ones I run from RPI even if they are not the most sturdy they save the quarter paint. A ZL1 or other nice spoiler if the stock ones not kicking it bought pre-painted cheap on ebay, and a nice mgw shifter, and of course tint, and that's about a grand there.

Taste is subjective and can be more expensive and changing over time and is a personal thing for the appearance of something. Here is a pic form me mocking up a couple stripes that would be hockey/commemorative in style with just using some black pinstripe I had around. I know there are some close but not quite this shape I may have to have a custom set made up by me most likely.. LOL and maybe the local vinyl store/ sign shop someday just to accentuate the lines and make it unique and customized by me, and that's what hot rodding is all about, different strokes for different folks and no two the same hopefully unless they are just supposed to be stock.

Good Luck, the wheels on my Camaro were over 2 grand shipped from Tennessee some rocket racing wheels , rocket boosters with chrome and chrome knock offs a knock offs used to be in style a while back....And shapes are a personal choice and there are no Cragars...lol, and well I did not want to be another Foose wheel like everybody else and have the same problem with the chrome but be like oh they were only 300$ each mine have some minor pitting but not that noticeable and not bad so many more years to come for them on the roads and replacement some day. Because change is the one thing you can count on.

That is some awesome advice. Thank you. I held out and ordered wheels first but mostly doing little things that I can do myself to make her my own. I put a z28 replica spoiler on it and removed the Camaro badges and blacked out the bowties and SS emblems.
joeymjustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 08:42 AM   #34
Soybeanrice

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
That is some awesome advice. Thank you. I held out and ordered wheels first but mostly doing little things that I can do myself to make her my own. I put a z28 replica spoiler on it and removed the Camaro badges and blacked out the bowties and SS emblems.
Congrats on the wheels! Definitely the first step for anyone to customize their car is wheels.
Soybeanrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 02:23 PM   #35
joeymjustice

Thanks for all the advice. I have mostly started on the appearance of the car. So far I have:
-New wheels and Tires
-Muffler Delete
-Z28 Spoiler
-Blackout Bowties and SS Emblems
-Removed Camaro Letters
-Tinted side marker lights
-Dipped gas door

Old 12-03-2016, 04:36 PM   #36
G701LE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 IBM silver stipes
Looks nice. Love white on these cars with the black accents.

Mods = Not enough....
G701LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 08:57 PM   #37
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Thanks for all the advice. I have mostly started on the appearance of the car. So far I have:
-New wheels and Tires
-Muffler Delete
-Z28 Spoiler
-Blackout Bowties and SS Emblems
-Removed Camaro Letters
-Tinted side marker lights
-Dipped gas door

How did you go about your muffler delete? Just have a shop chop them and replace the piping or actually install aftermarket muffler delete pipes like an SLP axleback? I ask because it looks like there are letters inscribed in the exhaust tips haha maybe I'm just seeing things though.
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 09:05 PM   #38
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Quickmetal, yep, just have them cut off and put straight pipes in....

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 07:02 AM   #39
joeymjustice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetal Speedster View Post
How did you go about your muffler delete? Just have a shop chop them and replace the piping or actually install aftermarket muffler delete pipes like an SLP axleback? I ask because it looks like there are letters inscribed in the exhaust tips haha maybe I'm just seeing things though.
I bought the MBRP Axleback kit during the holiday sale. It took about 20 minutes for the full install once I got the car on ramps. I think it sounds awesome and I got 3" pipes and new tips for $195. Muffler shop wanted $135 and would only use 2 1/2" pipe and re-use my exhaust tips.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:05 AM   #40
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
I bought the MBRP Axleback kit during the holiday sale. It took about 20 minutes for the full install once I got the car on ramps. I think it sounds awesome and I got 3" pipes and new tips for $195. Muffler shop wanted $135 and would only use 2 1/2" pipe and re-use my exhaust tips.
This is the route I went as well. My thinking was that if either I didn't like it, or wanted to change later on, it would be a simple bolt on switch with no cutting or welding.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 09:54 AM   #41
High Magnitude

Drives: 2014 2LT Camaro
VTC
Old 12-05-2016, 10:20 AM   #42
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
After having my Circle D 200 stall put in....I can now say the stall with 391 gear are the best bang for the buck above any other mods...including headers cai etc that you can get. The dealer could do your 391 gear install and a performance shop could do the stall. This way you still have full warranty on the motor and rear. The stall would likely void your trans warranty i think.....but damn what a kick in the ass. The guys that dont have the stall,,,like me a few weeks ago dont know what they are missing...drives just like stock.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote