#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 10-09-2016, 02:12 PM   #43
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
The gt350 looks and sounds great. But my concern would be reliability issues. The car has not been out even a year yet to the public and seems to be a few engine issues for a low volume car.
What engine issues? I haven't heard of anything other than some isolated incidents. Nothing reoccurring that would cause concern. The only thing I could think of was the dummies who skipped on the track pack but still thought you could track without coolers.
Old 10-09-2016, 02:19 PM   #44
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke.Malvo View Post
What engine issues? I haven't heard of anything other than some isolated incidents. Nothing reoccurring that would cause concern. The only thing I could think of was the dummies who skipped on the track pack but still thought you could track without coolers.
There have been oil issues where engines have blown and are getting replaced. One of the guys who has a blown engine, knows 7 different guys that have blown there engine and getting new ones on Mustang6. And these are just a few hundred owners on the forum with 7000+ built.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 05:13 PM   #45
BigEnos
Planning stages...

Drives: 1995 Z28,2014 Ford Focus ST
I got to autocross one. Non-R "touring" pkg car. Engine was really good, not weak down low like I expected. Car felt heavy to me, not really light on its feet. Has lots of tire so the limits are high, though. Doesn't suck at all.
BigEnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 06:43 PM   #46
Genesis7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tones2SS View Post
In all honesty, the GT350 is a killer car. Looks killer and can handle the track, no sweat.

BUT,...they are a lot of owners that are complaining about the rear bumper drooping and some had had engine failures/troubles.
Why are you even surprised? its a ****ing Ford... and no I am serious, its a Ford what do you expect?
Genesis7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 06:46 PM   #47
Genesis7
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by formoutofchaos View Post
very interesting experiences and views thanks guys for this off topic ramble. I just bought the z51 c7 1lt loved it I got it for 56k, It was mind-blowing but I sold it for 55k, and needed more of a 4 seater and a bit more under the radar the c7 screams ferrari. I am waiting on the 1le but have always been drawn to the shelby , what I learned about cars is that the zero to sixty and lap times don't always describe the driving experience. Exhaust , and it having a different torque curve makes in interesting. Plus I think it would like never lose value for the next 5 years well small amounts. For me that exhaust and torque and personal experience sometimes beats the better faster car. For example I smoked the guy in the z06 with my z51 at thunder hill cause I could push it farther. I do miss my corvette though! I think about her often! If I could find a gt350 for 54k I would do it they are out there but its TOUGH esp in CALI.

above poster have to say that gt350 looks beyond the 2ss... in that pic

No trolling here but you a former Corvette owner looking for a ****ing Mustang?... have you seen how horrible their interiors are? plus they are parked in every corner That is ****ed up, sorry for my language but that is truly how I feel.
Old 10-09-2016, 06:52 PM   #48
bruinmd

Drives: 2016 2SS Vert/Black/M6/NPP/Mag ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by formoutofchaos View Post
Just curious if anyone has driven one ? Everyone raves about it ? Just curious what the experience
Was like ?
Yup-- drove my buddy's last weekend.

Clutch is super light-- but I prefer the Camaro's clutch.
It has no auto rev matching, which I was somewhat surprised by, but not hard to heel toe in it given the pedal location.

By far the best thing about it is that flat crank V8-- easily the best sounding exhaust note I've ever heard in my life.

Aside from that aspect, I like the driving dynamics of the Camaro better. But the real apples to apples comparison will be when the ZL1 comes out.
bruinmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 06:55 PM   #49
activepat

Drives: Red Hot SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis7 View Post
No trolling here but you a former Corvette owner looking for a ****ing Mustang?... have you seen how horrible their interiors are? plus they are parked in every corner That is ****ed up, sorry for my language but that is truly how I feel.
Having had a S550 with the premium leather and having an SS currently, I have to tell you the Mustang's interior and seats are more comfortable. Plus the instrument panel is more user friendly.

I am bored with the SS as I bore quickly. I am waiting for the ZL1 to come out and will either buy that or a GT350. Both are on the same level. I will just want to see some professional reviews/ comparisons first.
activepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 06:58 PM   #50
Genesis7
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by activepat View Post
Having had a S550 with the premium leather and having an SS currently, I have to tell you the Mustang's interior and seats are more comfortable. Plus the instrument panel is more user friendly.

I am bored with the SS as I bore quickly. I am waiting for the ZL1 to come out and will either buy that or a GT350. Both are on the same level. I will just want to see some professional reviews/ comparisons first.
Mustang interiors have this old fashioned ugliness that only mustangs have nowadays, I like the more modern less tacky less retro crap that the mustang interior has...
Old 10-09-2016, 07:03 PM   #51
activepat

Drives: Red Hot SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis7 View Post
Mustang interiors have this old fashioned ugliness that only mustangs have nowadays, I like the more modern less tacky less retro crap that the mustang interior has...
Yeah. And the camel humps are something less retro? Chevy was good everywhere but there.
activepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 07:21 PM   #52
Davy_Baby9

Drives: Duramax
Love it. If I had the money, it's on the top of my list. I've rode in one, just haven't driven one. Maybe prices will sink on 2015-2016 base and tech packs.
Davy_Baby9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 12:05 AM   #53
ender2664
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamaTodd View Post
Find me one negative review about the GT350. I haven't seen one.
I drove it and disliked it. I've owned a Mustang before, so I don't say that just because I drive a camaro.
Why are people so excited about the motor? It is literally the worst flat plane crank motor in production.
ender2664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 05:39 AM   #54
Davy_Baby9

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender2664 View Post
I drove it and disliked it. I've owned a Mustang before, so I don't say that just because I drive a camaro.
Why are people so excited about the motor? It is literally the worst flat plane crank motor in production.
That's exactly what most people have going through their heads shifting at 8,250 rpms.

"Yeah, she's like totally the ugliest of the supermodels."
Davy_Baby9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:20 AM   #55
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender2664 View Post
Do you have proof that the 5.2 Voodoo is "the worst flat plane crank motor in production"?

Even people who aren't crazy about the rest of the car give the motor the respect it deserves.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:46 AM   #56
ender2664
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Do you have proof that the 5.2 Voodoo is "the worst flat plane crank motor in production"?

Even people who aren't crazy about the rest of the car give the motor the respect it deserves.
Proof?
Yes. Look at every flat plane made and point out a worse one...that is the proof.
ender2664 is offline   Reply With Quote