Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 08-31-2016, 12:09 AM   #1
bhavyas

Drives: 2016 1SS Yellow
Adam Polishes H2O Guard and Gloss?

Anyone has experience with this product? I read amazing reviews everywhere on the internet. Does it do a job similar to BF Sealant?
Old 08-31-2016, 08:39 AM   #2
jeverton

Drives: 2017 Camaro 50th Anniversary 2SS
I've purchased both solutions and plan to run with Adam's in next couple of weeks. Personally, I like to breadth of products offered by the company, the intensive research with 110% guaranty and the forums to support you. So net-net it will be the easiest, fastest, and most effective way to seal your paint.

Of course my current detailing plan will take some time

Exterior:
  • Tire and Rubber Cleaner on tires, scrubbed with stiff Blue Brush, rinse. Repeat this twice if needed.
  • Strip Wash, using 2 Bucket Method with Red Wash Wedge and Wool Pad
  • Wheel Cleaner on wheels, agitate with Red Brush, rinse (I always use a different wash bucket for wheels)
  • Clay bar all paint, glass, and wheels using Detail Spray as lube
  • Another quick wash with Car Shampoo and fresh buckets
  • Dry with Master Blaster or with Large White Dry Towels
  • Liquid Paint Sealant on paint and wheels, applied with microfiber pad
  • VRT vinyl decals, running boards and other trim
  • Under Carriage Spray inside my wheel wells
  • Tire Shine or VRT on my clean tires
  • Glass Cleaner on all my windows
  • Glass Sealant on all my windows
  • Apply another layer of Glass Cleaner to take out any streaks

Couple days later:
  • Quick wash with Car Shampoo
  • With car still wet, H20 Guard and Gloss and dry with Gray Microfiber towels on paint and wheels (lots of people do glass too, I don't.)
  • Apply Patriot or Americana Paste Wax with Red Applicator on paint over H20 Guard and Gloss, buff off

Interior:
  • Interior Detailer on dash and other plastic surfaces, applied using Blue Waffle Towels
  • Glass Cleaner on all inside windows, wipe with a waffle weave towel for a streak free finish
jeverton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 02:23 PM   #3
Billabongi

Drives: '17 SS 50th Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverton View Post
I've purchased both solutions and plan to run with Adam's in next couple of weeks. Personally, I like to breadth of products offered by the company, the intensive research with 110% guaranty and the forums to support you. So net-net it will be the easiest, fastest, and most effective way to seal your paint.

Of course my current detailing plan will take some time

Exterior:
  • Tire and Rubber Cleaner on tires, scrubbed with stiff Blue Brush, rinse. Repeat this twice if needed.
  • Strip Wash, using 2 Bucket Method with Red Wash Wedge and Wool Pad
  • Wheel Cleaner on wheels, agitate with Red Brush, rinse (I always use a different wash bucket for wheels)
  • Clay bar all paint, glass, and wheels using Detail Spray as lube
  • Another quick wash with Car Shampoo and fresh buckets
  • Dry with Master Blaster or with Large White Dry Towels
  • Liquid Paint Sealant on paint and wheels, applied with microfiber pad
  • VRT vinyl decals, running boards and other trim
  • Under Carriage Spray inside my wheel wells
  • Tire Shine or VRT on my clean tires
  • Glass Cleaner on all my windows
  • Glass Sealant on all my windows
  • Apply another layer of Glass Cleaner to take out any streaks

Couple days later:
  • Quick wash with Car Shampoo
  • With car still wet, H20 Guard and Gloss and dry with Gray Microfiber towels on paint and wheels (lots of people do glass too, I don't.)
  • Apply Patriot or Americana Paste Wax with Red Applicator on paint over H20 Guard and Gloss, buff off

Interior:
  • Interior Detailer on dash and other plastic surfaces, applied using Blue Waffle Towels
  • Glass Cleaner on all inside windows, wipe with a waffle weave towel for a streak free finish

Tell me when you do these, I'd like to see the results. Are you going to put this over your matte stripe or just tape that off separately?
2017 50th Anniversary 2LT\RS - #1583 SOLD
2017 50th Anniversary 2SS - #3410
Billabongi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 03:07 PM   #4
jeverton

Ok, I'm going to tape off the matt stripes and use VRT. Then it's a question on if I apply H2O Guard and Gloss and the Wax on top of the stripes. Still trying to figure this part out.
Old 08-31-2016, 05:24 PM   #5
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavyas View Post
Anyone has experience with this product? I read amazing reviews everywhere on the internet. Does it do a job similar to BF Sealant?
I have used HGG since it's introduction. It's easy to apply and remove if done properly. The Blackfire is as well.

HGG can be applied to the car wet or dry though, but does require water to activate either way. Blackfire is applied to a clean dry surface with no buffing required (I'm assuming you were referring to BF Crystal Seal).

Either can be used to top a longer term sealant that is already on the car.
If applied over wax, both have limited durability.

HGG requires plush microfiber towels for application. Rag Company Everest 1100 towels work perfect.

The BF has more durability @ around 3-4 months. The HGG lasts 2-3 months, on a properly prepped surface.

The HGG when applied wet right after washing also is very safe for your paint, as no dirt should be present to scratch the surface during application.

Carpro Hydrofoam is my favorite quick sealer, you just wash, rinse, pool rinse, and dry. 3 months of protection, better protection against etching from bugs and bird bombs, and much better water sheeting during weekly washes.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 05:44 PM   #6
bhavyas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post

HGG can be applied to the car wet or dry though, but does require water to activate either way. Blackfire is applied to a clean dry surface with no buffing required (I'm assuming you were referring to BF Crystal Seal).

Either can be used to top a longer term sealant that is already on the car.
If applied over wax, both have limited durability.

yes I was referring to the BF Crystal Seal.

Why would it limit the durability if wax was applied. My plan was to wash, wax, then apply HGG.

Or should I do it the other way around: wash, HGG and then wax?
Old 08-31-2016, 05:48 PM   #7
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Both sealants Need to go on bare paint, that's the "seal' part...wax if you want on top of that but I think it a worthless step as it washes off, maybe for a show , but nothing more...

Wax is dead in My book......
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 05:58 PM   #8
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Our H20 G&G is a great product it is be coming one of our most popular products.
H20 Guard & Gloss delivers lasting protection and unmatched gloss in a unique water-activated formula that is fast and easy to apply. The incredibly effective blend of acrylic resins and water activated nano-polymers leaves your paint slick and protected without the extra effort and hassle of traditionally applied sealants or waxes. The optical grade polymers won't stain exterior trim, and even leave rubber and plastic looking darker and protected from the elements.
Thanks for giving us a try I don't think you will be sorry!
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:12 PM   #9
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Undercarriage spray? On the fabric liners?

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:33 PM   #10
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
Undercarriage spray? On the fabric liners?
No, I wouldn't recommend using UCS on the fabric under fender liners.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:36 PM   #11
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
yes I was referring to the BF Crystal Seal.

Why would it limit the durability if wax was applied. My plan was to wash, wax, then apply HGG.

Or should I do it the other way around: wash, HGG and then wax?

Sealants are man made synthetic protection, Adams HGG for example is a water activated synthetic resin. Waxes are made from natural ingredients such as carnauba and bees wax. Synthetics are much more durable and heat resistant.

So if you apply wax, which lasts a month or two, I'm talking about real wax, not wax blended with sealant, or cleaner wax.

If you apply wax first, the sealant cannot bond directly to the paint, so it bonds to the wax, since the durability of wax is lower, when the wax is gone, so is the sealant which was bonded to it. Apply most durable protection first.

I'm with Glen about using wax. But my car is a daily driver. Some people find it therapeutic to wax their vehicles and I totally get that. Especially people with garage queens or show cars.

Wax does apply easily over HGG though. I've used Pinnacle Souveran and Victoria Concours with no issues. Avoid use of cleaner waxes on top of these sealants, as they contain light abrasives and/or solvents that will remove sealants.

So wash the car first, then do a baggie test. Have you ever clayed or used a clay alternative on your paint? If not, it probably needs it. This removes stuck on contaminates that washing alone cannot. Gives your HGG a better surface to bond to, as it's now sticking to the paint, not the contaminates on the car. You can apply wax after HGG if you like.

I actually used HGG, Blackfire CS, and currently Hydrofoam as "toppers" to a more durable base sealant, like Sonus Ion, Adams Liquid Paint Sealant, or Carpro Reload. Many others to choose from. Topping your base sealant prolongs it's longevity.

I also used them on customers cars as the only sealant.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 08-31-2016 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:11 AM   #12
bhavyas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
Sealants are man made synthetic protection, Adams HGG for example is a water activated synthetic resin. Waxes are made from natural ingredients such as carnauba and bees wax. Synthetics are much more durable and heat resistant.

So if you apply wax, which lasts a month or two, I'm talking about real wax, not wax blended with sealant, or cleaner wax.

If you apply wax first, the sealant cannot bond directly to the paint, so it bonds to the wax, since the durability of wax is lower, when the wax is gone, so is the sealant which was bonded to it. Apply most durable protection first.

I'm with Glen about using wax. But my car is a daily driver. Some people find it therapeutic to wax their vehicles and I totally get that. Especially people with garage queens or show cars.

Wax does apply easily over HGG though. I've used Pinnacle Souveran and Victoria Concours with no issues. Avoid use of cleaner waxes on top of these sealants, as they contain light abrasives and/or solvents that will remove sealants.

So wash the car first, then do a baggie test. Have you ever clayed or used a clay alternative on your paint? If not, it probably needs it. This removes stuck on contaminates that washing alone cannot. Gives your HGG a better surface to bond to, as it's now sticking to the paint, not the contaminates on the car. You can apply wax after HGG if you like.

I actually used HGG, Blackfire CS, and currently Hydrofoam as "toppers" to a more durable base sealant, like Sonus Ion, Adams Liquid Paint Sealant, or Carpro Reload. Many others to choose from. Topping your base sealant prolongs it's longevity.

I also used them on customers cars as the only sealant.
Excellent points!!! Thanks for that... I do clay bar my car.. but have done it only once.. when the HGG comes in.. I will do as suggested... wash..clay and then apply the HGG... What I loved about the BF Crystal Seal was the ease of use... it was so damn easy... This HGG doesnt look difficult as well... I am going to do a half and half on the hood and try to see if my weak eyes can spot the difference in shine...

The only thing is my car paint is not metallic (its yellow) and so am not sure I will be able to spot the difference at all
Old 09-01-2016, 01:24 PM   #13
jeverton

Hmmm... you've got me now thinking about the Carpro Hydro2foam. I wonder what this will do to vinyl and matt stripes?
Old 09-01-2016, 05:14 PM   #14
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Excellent points!!! Thanks for that... I do clay bar my car.. but have done it only once.. when the HGG comes in.. I will do as suggested... wash..clay and then apply the HGG... What I loved about the BF Crystal Seal was the ease of use... it was so damn easy... This HGG doesnt look difficult as well... I am going to do a half and half on the hood and try to see if my weak eyes can spot the difference in shine...

The only thing is my car paint is not metallic (its yellow) and so am not sure I will be able to spot the difference at all
If you have clayed previously, it may not need again. Check with baggie after washing.

The only thing I do different from the HGG video is use 2 towels in the wet bucket (Rag Company Everest 1100's), alternating them out every panel.

This prevents un-even spreading and gives plenty of water to activate any product on the car that hasn't already been activated by the water on the surface.

If you have any streaks, that's un-activated product. Simply activate by slowly wiping with one of the wet towels.

If enough water is present on the car, you won't have any streaks, as it will activate and slide down the surface as shown in the video.

If ultimate shine is what your after, that can only be accomplished by machine polishing.