Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-05-2016, 09:15 AM   #1
CARLZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Inferno Orange
BRAKE PADS.. IS THIS RIGHT?

Bought new pads and rotors for my '10 SS, didn't even look at em. Dropped the car off and had them installed while I was at work. Is this right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instagram:
@badass.camaros
@bad.ass.army
@truckin.nasty
@they.call.me.carl
@c_a_r_l_z
CARLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 09:30 AM   #2
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
What you see are known as "roller skates". From what I gathered they are supposed to help with noise suppression. Many people cut them off or buy pads without them. Don't worry they are fine to leave on, as they come on the OEM pads.
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 09:34 AM   #3
CARLZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_SS10 View Post
What you see are known as "roller skates". From what I gathered they are supposed to help with noise suppression. Many people cut them off or buy pads without them. Don't worry they are fine to leave on, as they come on the OEM pads.

Sweet! This car only has 45k on it and the pads that were taken off didn't have em. Had me curious. Thank you!

Instagram:
@badass.camaros
@bad.ass.army
@truckin.nasty
@they.call.me.carl
@c_a_r_l_z
Old 08-05-2016, 12:13 PM   #4
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLZ View Post
Sweet! This car only has 45k on it and the pads that were taken off didn't have em. Had me curious. Thank you!

The early 2010 models did not come with the roller skates. They were added mid year during the 2010 model I believe after customers complained of brake squeal. If yours was early enough in the 2010 model year then that would be the reason why they were not present.

As Justice Pete will tell you "embrace the squeal" as it's the sound of true high performance brakes that actually do have real stopping power.
Old 08-05-2016, 12:39 PM   #5
CARLZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
The early 2010 models did not come with the roller skates. They were added mid year during the 2010 model I believe after customers complained of brake squeal. If yours was early enough in the 2010 model year then that would be the reason why they were not present.

As Justice Pete will tell you "embrace the squeal" as it's the sound of true high performance brakes that actually do have real stopping power.

Thanks for the info!!

Instagram:
@badass.camaros
@bad.ass.army
@truckin.nasty
@they.call.me.carl
@c_a_r_l_z