Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-10-2016, 09:17 PM   #57
Nwgr84

Drives: 50th Anniv 2SS Conv
I wish I could get manual brakes and manual steering to go with the manual transmission. That way I could feel really connected to the road!
Old 07-10-2016, 09:20 PM   #58
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I really believe that the manual transmission's days are numbered in production cars. There is no useful reason for them anymore. Even big rigs are starting to use automatics. Supercars too.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 09:54 PM   #59
Mikey LikesIt

Drives: 2016 Black Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwgr84 View Post
I wish I could get manual brakes and manual steering to go with the manual transmission. That way I could feel really connected to the road!
LMAO! Close the thread now.

Maybe manual suspension too....real-time human input to replace the computer controlled magnetic shocks?
Mikey LikesIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 10:14 PM   #60
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
You guys ever hear of the 1967 Shelby A/C Cobra? 427 Cobra Jet Ford V8, 4 speed manual, no power brakes, no power steering. Terribly hot to sit in and drive if the outside temps are anything north of 80 degrees.

They go for $1.5m and are considered among the finest handling performance cars ever built.

Enthusiasts prefer manuals. End of story.

And yes, I HAVE driven a car without power steering and brakes (1938 Pontiac). Other than maneuvering a parking lot at the grocery store there really is no need for power steering. Seriously.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 10:18 PM   #61
clanky
Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro 2S

Drives: 16 Hyper Blue2SS NPP MagRide 6M NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbar View Post
My wife refused to learn how to drive a stick...
So far I love the A8. The big test will be on the track next month. I hope it won't overheat .
My wife can't drive stick. I bought a stick so I don't see my car getting curb jumped or door dinged by some lady too busy talking on her cell phone at the nail salon... or by buggies at walmarts. ZL1 or 2SS I was getting a manual for that reason and because I just miss it honestly. I've always had manuals and my last truck was an auto and it really did bore the hell out of me.... I don't have a lot of stop and go traffic where I am so that wasn't a concern either... Plus I always have access to a C7 Z06 8 speed auto for when I need to be consistent.
clanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 10:18 PM   #62
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwgr84 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey LikesIt View Post

Maybe manual suspension too....real-time human input to replace the computer controlled magnetic shocks?
Wow, we have automatic guys making fun of manual drivers now? I seen it all lol..

No disrespect to manual drivers or auto drivers.. everyone should drive what they feel is best for them.

But I know one thing, I have never made fun of auto drivers even if I don't prefer them.

Keep it classy fellas, not really a good idea to make fun of a manual car when you're behind an auto!

Last edited by Richard0nee; 07-10-2016 at 10:30 PM.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 10:24 PM   #63
Nwgr84

No poking or picking on intended..... Just injecting a little humor, hence the smiley face.

Drive what you enjoy, that's the best choice!

Besides, my current ride is a Prius!

On a related note, if you really want to get your brain twisted, read about the eCVT that Prius and other hybrids use. There is only one "fixed" gear ratio, but use a second electric motor to change the speed of the planetary gears to keep the engine in the appropriate power band.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:30 PM   #64
thebiglubinsky

Drives: Infiniti G37S
Quote:

What a little b'@tch. :-)
thebiglubinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 10:31 PM   #65
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
You guys ever hear of the 1967 Shelby A/C Cobra? 427 Cobra Jet Ford V8, 4 speed manual, no power brakes, no power steering. Terribly hot to sit in and drive if the outside temps are anything north of 80 degrees.

They go for $1.5m and are considered among the finest handling performance cars ever built.

And yes, I HAVE driven a car without power steering and brakes (1938 Pontiac). Other than maneuvering a parking lot at the grocery store there really is no need for power steering. Seriously.
Haha, first off it being a manual has nothing to do with how well it handled or how much it brought at auction. And they would be very far down the list of the finest handling performance car ever produced. Were they great back in the day? No doubt.

Oh and Im an enthusiasts, and a manual transmission does mean as much to me as going fast. Closed mined folks will hang on to their archaic manuals while claiming how great they are at jamming gears. While the automatic guys keep puttting them on the trailer. All smart drag races that like winning have dropped manuals many years ago.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 10:35 PM   #66
SpookShow'84
Bump in the night

Drives: '84 Monte Carlo SS, '15 Optima
Fred Flintstone thinks we're all sissys.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:38 PM   #67
Nwgr84

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookShow'84 View Post
Fred Flintstone thinks we're all sissys.
Now that's funny! I don't care who ya are!
Old 07-10-2016, 10:44 PM   #68
Mikey LikesIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard0nee View Post
Wow, we have automatic guys making fun of manual drivers now? I seen it all lol..

No disrespect to manual drivers or auto drivers.. everyone should drive what they feel is best for them.

But I know one thing, I have never made fun of auto drivers even if I don't prefer them.

Keep it classy fellas, not really a good idea to make fun of a manual car when you're behind an auto!
LOLwhut? I'm making fun of the manual drivers that make fun of the auto drivers. Mostly the attitude I see...evident in the last sentence of your post. So it's okay for a manual driver to make fun of an auto?

What's weird to me is how a number of manual drivers always feel the need to declare superiority of manual trannies...you'll even see them heavily participating in an automatic thread such as this one.

This is an interesting topic to me because I do like manuals but went with auto this time. My other car is a manual, but whatevs.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:48 PM   #69
Mikey LikesIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post

LOL why do I care? That 1.5 mil car could cost 30K and I wouldn't buy it (assuming I couldn't re-sell).
Old 07-10-2016, 10:51 PM   #70
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
LOLwhut? I'm making fun of the manual drivers that make fun of the auto drivers. Mostly the attitude I see...evident in the last sentence of your post. So it's okay for a manual driver to make fun of an auto?

What's weird to me is how a number of manual drivers always feel the need to declare superiority of manual trannies...you'll even see them heavily participating in an automatic thread such as this one.

This is an interesting topic to me because I do like manuals but went with auto this time. My other car is a manual, but whatevs.
All good man.. My buddy with an auto gets the most flak..
Half of the time, I end up defending him from other friends lol

You guys get the last laugh in heavy traffic tho. That's why I have a beater that's an auto
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote