Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-13-2016, 10:19 AM   #15
Pete G

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveZ28 View Post
Thank you SteveZ28
Pete G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:03 AM   #16
Mbyars

Drives: 2017 Nightfall Gray 1LE
I noticed this morning that my clutch had the burning smell coming from it. Not happy with that at all since it has barely over 3000 miles on it. Going to see if I notice it again, if so I'll have the dealer look at it. I have basic bolt ons right now and don't rail the clutch.
Old 06-14-2016, 01:17 PM   #17
FM1R

Drives: Bone stock 2015 1LE
An update, the dealership gave me no hassle about the clutch. They're replacing it under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FM1R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 03:21 PM   #18
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by FM1R View Post
An update, the dealership gave me no hassle about the clutch. They're replacing it under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevrolet FTW!!!

Did they say what was wrong?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:37 PM   #19
Ventura 1LE

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
If I had to bleed the clutch on the fly at a track day event, What tools do I need besides brake cleaner reading in the post?

I flush the brakes fully and pump the clutch more than 40 times during the flush with my min-vac. (Best investment by the way this so far)

Just want to have the right tools in my bag of tricks on track day.

I only had the clutch go soft on me and that was before any track days with the original fluids at 8k on the odometer.

I have the itch now on just tracking then previous running on the canyon roads. So I have picked up the things to do before and after tracking the car. Such as changing out the oil and flushing the brakes/clutch. Not really interested in the tick-bleeder at this time until the clutch needs to be replaced. Pumping the clutch pedal has been successful so far.

Just like I mentioned what tools are needed just in case I need to bleed them at the track without the tick-bleeder installed.

Oh just bought a simple plug-in tire inflator to adjust the tire pressures at the track. (second best investment on the bag of tricks on track days).
Ventura 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:09 AM   #20
1bad1le

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Good deal - glad they replaced it.

I just put a Monster LT1 in mine. Stock one was still holding fine after 2 years and 30k at 560hp at the wheels.
1bad1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:08 AM   #21
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
Some people (like myself) have been able to get by on the stock clutch and not using a separated reservoir or upgraded clutch (even with track excursions). Others have had the clutch not come back up and have had to replace the stock clutch with a beefier one. If the warranty work does not fix it, I'd say you should just replace it with a beefier unit. It's worth not having to go back to the dealer countless times and headache.
Old 06-16-2016, 01:31 PM   #22
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbyars View Post
I noticed this morning that my clutch had the burning smell coming from it. Not happy with that at all since it has barely over 3000 miles on it. Going to see if I notice it again, if so I'll have the dealer look at it. I have basic bolt ons right now and don't rail the clutch.
Hi Mbyars,

We regret to learn of the burning odor that you are currently experiencing and understand how displeasing this must be. Should you decide to contact your dealership and like an additional layer of assistance,please let us know. We are happy to assist the best way possible.

Kindly,

Erica W.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 06:09 AM   #23
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I have built some of the fastest road course 5th Gens and have never installed a separate reservoir and see no need for one.
Glad you mentioned this. I never had issues with the shared reservoir setup but still did it seeing adding more fluid keeps things a tad bit cooler but yes I think it isn't needed. Like I said , never had an issue with stock setup.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:26 AM   #24
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
Glad you mentioned this. I never had issues with the shared reservoir setup but still did it seeing adding more fluid keeps things a tad bit cooler but yes I think it isn't needed. Like I said , never had an issue with stock setup.
If you bleed brakes and clutch before motorsports events, the fluid stays clean, everything works. If you don't, between clutch dust and water, why would anyone be surprised they boil fluid or the clutch / pedal hangs...
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 01:01 PM   #25
Centerforce_Clutches

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventura 1LE View Post
If I had to bleed the clutch on the fly at a track day event, What tools do I need besides brake cleaner reading in the post?
Between using the vac tool and the method shown in the video, you should be able to bleed the fluid trackside no problem.
Centerforce_Clutches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 10:38 AM   #26
Balue

Drives: 2013 SW 2SS/1LE
After my clutch issues I pump and flush regularly and been good ever since. Bought a pair of these to keep in my pit box along with a couple bottles of motul in case it starts to feel off during a track day.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Balue is offline   Reply With Quote