Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-07-2016, 01:01 PM   #127
camaro2ss/rs

Drives: 2ss/rs
AGREE

AGREE JUST PICKED ONE UP
Attached Images

camaro2ss/rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 01:09 PM   #128
Beardface

Drives: '11 topless 2LT RS & '05 Altima SER
Wow... this thread escalated quickly
Old 06-07-2016, 01:55 PM   #129
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardface View Post
Wow... this thread escalated quickly
This thread and the one mod thread are very entertaining.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 03:06 PM   #130
The_Driver
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Mod with no warranty verses stock with warranty, never gets old. You also need to add some suspension/brake/cosmetic mods as well.
Well, so much for the argument of the LS3 being the more "mod friendly" engine then. If we're talking about warranties, all that is a wash since the other two come out on top as well.

Suspension mods are no problem since the 1LS M6 is lighter with better weight distribution. A larger front and rear sway bar with some some slightly wider tires would be all it would take to be on par with the handling of a stock SS.

Brakes would be no problem either since a good pad and rotor upgrade would probably suffice as well.

Cosmetic mods? No problem. I have a few cheap unique appearance mods that make my "base" V6 look just as good as any stock SS model.

The best part? Wait for it wait for it......I still paid less for my Camaro than you did for your "LS3" even if I modded it out to compete with the "V8" models.
The_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 03:19 PM   #131
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Driver View Post
Well, so much for the argument of the LS3 being the more "mod friendly" engine then. If we're talking about warranties, all that is a wash since the other two come out on top as well.

Suspension mods are no problem since the 1LS M6 is lighter with better weight distribution. A larger front and rear sway bar with some some slightly wider tires would be all it would take to be on par with the handling of a stock SS.

Brakes would be no problem either since a good pad and rotor upgrade would probably suffice as well.

Cosmetic mods? No problem. I have a few cheap unique appearance mods that make my "base" V6 look just as good as any stock SS model.

The best part? Wait for it wait for it......I still paid less for my Camaro than you did for your "LS3" even if I modded it out to compete with the "V8" models.
Insurance is more affordable.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 03:31 PM   #132
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Regardless of what model gen 5 you own, you bought the car because of the way it looks. You could buy faster cars for the same money, you could buy cars that get better gas mileage, you could buy a car that handles better or has more room. But face it, you cannot buy a better looking car the the gen 5 Camaro!! All the differences are personal taste and desires. To each his own, and GM has done a good job accommodating us all.
Old 06-07-2016, 03:55 PM   #133
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Driver View Post

Good to know, because it is worth less as well. For my DD, I didn't have to do a brake upgrade or cosmetic mods. Also got some nice forged rims, that will cost you a pretty penny. For $3500, GM did a fantastic job with the 1LE option. And the Recaro's keep me in place, when I hit 1G on a ramp.

I see what your saying, the V6 is a great platform and has some potential. Mod away and be happy. My car was perfect from the factory. Well I did upgrade the tow links to knock out the wheel hop, that is all that I had to do.
Old 06-07-2016, 03:58 PM   #134
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
Regardless of what model gen 5 you own, you bought the car because of the way it looks. You could buy faster cars for the same money, you could buy cars that get better gas mileage, you could buy a car that handles better or has more room. But face it, you cannot buy a better looking car the the gen 5 Camaro!! All the differences are personal taste and desires. To each his own, and GM has done a good job accommodating us all.
I agree!!!
Old 06-07-2016, 04:11 PM   #135
RAMTechRob

Drives: 2016 Camaro White 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Well then I will be the first to tell you I wanted a Camaro and WANTED the V6. Period, end of story.

Second here. I can afford any car I want, but the V6 is plenty enough for me. If they come out with an electric one next year, I'm trading mine in!!
RAMTechRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 04:15 PM   #136
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
Though I do not think it is a bad looking car at all, its appearance was not enough to entice me to buy one until the 1LE package came out, a which point we moved fairly quickly to get one. Handling is why we bought our car.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 04:35 PM   #137
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
Though I do not think it is a bad looking car at all, its appearance was not enough to entice me to buy one until the 1LE package came out, a which point we moved fairly quickly to get one. Handling is why we bought our car.
Right on, personal taste and DESIRE!
Old 06-07-2016, 04:36 PM   #138
camaro2ss/rs

Drives: 2ss/rs
i bought my SS because of the way it looked.. and had to have it.. i could buy any car i wanted at the time and was looking at a lambo but the ss camaro was all i wanted and needed....
camaro2ss/rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 04:49 PM   #139
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
Oh yeah, what car looks better, in the same realitive price range?
Old 06-07-2016, 04:53 PM   #140
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2ss/rs View Post
i bought my SS because of the way it looked.. and had to have it.. i could buy any car i wanted at the time and was looking at a lambo but the ss camaro was all i wanted and needed....
That's why I bought mine, I HAD to have it! my wife didn't want it, but even she came around, took it for a test drive and brought it home and the Chrystal Red Mettalic Tincoat paint reeled her in too!