Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-12-2016, 11:30 AM   #15
The Patriot

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS VERT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric-MPD1.com View Post
DONT DO THIS! There is enough room to slide the antenna over inside the spoiler and then pull it out.

Our convertible spoiler is set up for the 2 access plates and the middle one that holds the amplifier

No true. the corners of mine had "expanding foam" shot in with the antennae to keep it from rattling (in the corners). That meant it could NOT be pulled loose at the ends. Had to be cut in the middle and pulled out of the foam.

"Today I didn't even have to use my AK, I got ta' say it was a good day"
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:31 AM   #16
Eric-MPD1.com

Drives: Cool parts for cool cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
No true. the corners of mine had "expanding foam" shot in with the antennae to keep it from rattling (in the corners). That meant it could NOT be pulled loose at the ends. Had to be cut in the middle and pulled out of the foam.
I see, Not came across any that had this done, Maybe a dealer "fix"
Eric-MPD1.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:23 AM   #17
2Intense

Drives: 2015 Camaro RS
I guess I'll find out on Friday when I do it........
2Intense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 04:02 PM   #18
2Intense

Drives: 2015 Camaro RS
Well, I did it. Spoiler looks great and although I was able to get the antenna out in one piece by cutting off 1.5" of the factory spoiler at each end and sliding it out, the trick was finding a place to put it. First I tried just mounting it in the trunk behind the trunk lining...absolutely zero AM or FM signal. So, the next morning I took it out and mounted it behind my lower rear bumper fascia. Now I get a good FM signal but zero AM. This sucks because I live in an area with a lot of hills so my FM signals tend to change around every bend but I rely on my AM traffic channel quite a bit.

So, in a nutshell, very happy with the spoiler....need to come up with an antenna solution that will get my AM signal back...

2Intense is offline   Reply With Quote