Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-16-2016, 12:04 AM   #29
ohhhh-cam

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
I will check into this on Tuesday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2016, 04:24 AM   #30
LovePhenom
I am a UAW/GM employee.

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by osr5dude View Post
Thanks to this thread, I discovered I had the same issue. I called XM today and they initially said I only get 3 months. I told them to verify that this model gets 12 months and they came back and said my trial has been changed to 12 months. My account still shows 3 months, so I'll log in again in a couple of days and see if it is showing the new length.

Those that got their trials fixed, did it also increase the infotainment parts (ie traffic) to 12 months or just the audio (xm all access)?
Everything is 12 months.
Attached Images

Summit White 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6 Auto w/ Adrenaline Red Interior, Red Hash Marks, 20" Machined Face Aluminum Wheels, Convenience & Lighting Package, Performance Exhaust , 8" MyLink w/ Navigation, Sunroof, RS Wheel Caps, GlowTie, Splash Guards, Red LGX Engine Cover, All Weather Premium Floor Mats, Cargo Mat, Red Knee Bolsters, Black Front Fascia Extension, RS Floor Console Lid, Red MGP Caliper Covers, ZL1 AddOns Tow Hook, 2017 ZL1 Spoiler.

Coming
Soon:

LovePhenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 03:56 PM   #31
osr5dude

Drives: Hyper blue 2016 2SS
Thanks LovePhenom, glad to see it includes everything for those of us with nav. My account is now showing 12 month trial for all access, but now I don't have any traffic or travel link, so I need to call back and get that sorted!
osr5dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 03:19 AM   #32
Vad3r

Drives: 2016 2SS
Just checked my account.... I too was given a 3 month trial.

I wrote the customer service email with the following:

"Hello, per GM I should have a 12 month full access trial (I have this in writing and it is well documented for the new 2016 6th generation Camaro) and per my account management page, this is not accurate as it has me on a 3 month trial... please see the following Camaro 6 forum post regarding this matter:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=434174

Please remedy this ASAP. Please don't put the onus on me to contact the dealer as this is a customer service issue and should be fixed by XM. Thank you for your assistance."

I'll let you know what they say.
Vad3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 09:51 AM   #33
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vad3r View Post

"Hello, per GM I should have a 12 month full access trial (I have this in writing and it is well documented for the new 2016 6th generation Camaro) and per my account management page, this is not accurate as it has me on a 3 month trial... please see the following Camaro 6 forum post regarding this matter:

Please remedy this ASAP. Please don't put the onus on me to contact the dealer as this is a customer service issue and should be fixed by XM. Thank you for your assistance."

I agree with you, but unless something changed aince last week, XM is going to tell yoh to call your dealer, the dealer right now has to call the dealer number for XM and get it fixed. I know Lovephenom got it fixed through XM, so hopefully they will be able to do it for you.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 11:19 AM   #34
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by osr5dude View Post
Thanks to this thread, I discovered I had the same issue. I called XM today and they initially said I only get 3 months. I told them to verify that this model gets 12 months and they came back and said my trial has been changed to 12 months. My account still shows 3 months, so I'll log in again in a couple of days and see if it is showing the new length.

Those that got their trials fixed, did it also increase the infotainment parts (ie traffic) to 12 months or just the audio (xm all access)?
Did this! and within 20 min was changed to 1 yr sub. Thanks
chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:54 AM   #35
jimbogen4

Drives: 16 2LT, 99 Z28 Convertible
I logged onto XMs live chat help https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/app/chat/chat_landing and after providing my name, address and phone number, and a few more silly questions, the agent was able to change the subscription to 12 months.
Much easier than talking on the phone with someone who speaks broken English....
Light/Mem Package
NPP
Nav
Sunroof
20% tint
jimbogen4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:28 PM   #36
leadfoot93
Camaro Fan

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS Garnet Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbogen4 View Post
I logged onto XMs live chat help https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/app/chat/chat_landing and after providing my name, address and phone number, and a few more silly questions, the agent was able to change the subscription to 12 months.
Much easier than talking on the phone with someone who speaks broken English....
I tried that link and got this as my response

Sandra: I've checked the account and as the radio is eligible for only 3 months, and it will be offered by the dealers. We do not have an option to change it.

Such a pain in the ass.
3800 Status: 10/13/15 VIN #116519
4200 Status: 12/19/15
Delivered : 12/28/15
leadfoot93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 01:55 PM   #37
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
I called yesterday and they will try to pawn it off on the dealership. Just stay firm and say you know this can be fixed internally because you have proof online where it has happened. Got my email yesterday after I called that it was extended after my 3 month trial is over. Really as easy as calling for about 10 minutes. Just be firm and polite.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 02:36 PM   #38
leadfoot93
Camaro Fan

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS Garnet Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingagain View Post
I called yesterday and they will try to pawn it off on the dealership. Just stay firm and say you know this can be fixed internally because you have proof online where it has happened. Got my email yesterday after I called that it was extended after my 3 month trial is over. Really as easy as calling for about 10 minutes. Just be firm and polite.
Yeah I will call them tomorrow, I have been a SiriusXM customer for almost 10 years now.
3800 Status: 10/13/15 VIN #116519
4200 Status: 12/19/15
Delivered : 12/28/15
leadfoot93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 02:47 PM   #39
Vad3r

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vad3r View Post

A few emails later I was told to go through the dealer. Called the executive customer assistance (got right through to someone) who also told me to go through dealer. Spoke to his supervisor who said the same. I then asked for her name and employee number so I can speak with her supervisor to report their lack of customer service and all of a sudden she contacted another department and approved an additional 9 month trial, but I'd have to call back when my 3 month trial subscription was over. Seemed very shady. So I got my dealer involved today who said he will have GM call on my behalf.
Vad3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 02:50 PM   #40
FlightSoftware

Drives: '95 Corvette, '06 Mustang, 2LT RS
I'm hoping I can get the dealer to not even activate it, but if I do and have this problem it'll be interesting to see what they do if you say "fine. Just cancel it entirely, then."
Old 01-20-2016, 02:53 PM   #41
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Mine will be up for renewal next month per our convos with XM and me informing you guys here. So we shall see if XM will honor it, if not I will just let my dealership handle it.

Have any of you Officially confirmed your XM trial got bumped up to a year?
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 05:24 PM   #42
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
Mine will be up for renewal next month per our convos with XM and me informing you guys here. So we shall see if XM will honor it, if not I will just let my dealership handle it.

Have any of you Officially confirmed your XM trial got bumped up to a year?
Yes I did...got a confirmation e-mail right away from XM with the new date starting from like 10 days ago, got an extra month on top of it.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote