Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-12-2016, 05:49 PM   #15
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
[QUOTE=WoodBoss;8837945]A pristine car with 15k miles beats out a pristine car with 70k miles every time.[QUOTE]

Duh, that's like saying $15 beats out $5 every time.

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:36 PM   #16
69L48Z27

Drives: 2015 Z/28; 1969 Camaro SS
If it's a 2SS I wouldn't value it at over $17k for low to average retail. Ask the dealer hypothetically - 'if I buy the car today and then bring it back tomorrow to trade, what will you give me?' Take that number minus $2k and that's what the car is 'worth'.
69L48Z27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:48 PM   #17
grahak2

Drives: 2021 scatpack challenger 6spd cinna
Hi,

You just got to go with what you feel is ok. Do you feel a car that is driven the avg amt of miles a year is good or a car that is rarely driven. I would rather have the one driven regularly myself. Seems things would dry up and get old or stale when they are sitting over the years and barely driven. I would think a regularly driven car is maintained more regularly than one that has low miles compared to years. But that is up to you what you feel.

About the price. I just bought a new 1SS in Nov and new I did ok from researching KBB and the other car calculator web sites. Use that rather than peoples replies. I don't think a lot of people include the out to door costs like tax and license in there price they say they got a car for.

Also about getting the price for the exact KBB price or what people tell you should pay. Sometimes the car feel from driving, the look, or color is enough for you to pay what you feel the car is worth rather than what others tell you.

So negotiate the best you can but you can usually tell when you and the dealer are at the point where you are at the best price you are going to get and you can either walk or get the car. On mine I chose to get the car. And I am glad because even though it is stock. I haven't seen the exact looking one on the road yet.

And by the way. I feel I got a good deal but some got better ones if I believe the posts I've read. As long as your happy that's what matters. Also each time you negotiate with the dealer. You will learn what you should have done for next time. I researched for a long time and still made a few mistakes. As long as the mistakes aren't out of your budget it's just a learning exp.

Good luck and go with what you feel with some research, but take what others say not so much. Even me. If anything I posted helps, cool, if not its just ones guys opinion. Since the people on here are not your family or really care for you personally we are just stating what we would do. Only you know what you can live with.

BTW, good to ask about any issues from owners of that year and model. Too me that is something you can get from a forum like this.

Kevin
grahak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:31 PM   #18
Jackass
Doing what I like to do

Drives: 1963 Landrover
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonM View Post
The "National Average" mileage is about 15k/year, so assuming your car has been on the road for 5 years, that averages 14k mile/year, just under the national average. If it's been on the road since 2010, then it would be 11.6k miles/year. So as long as the Carfax checks out and there are maintenance records, it should be ok.
I won't put too much weigh on the carfax !
But if the numbers are tempting , ask someone , a mechanic to take a good look at it
Better than tha fax thing
Jackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:04 AM   #19
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymandm View Post
I got the carfax on the car and it is a one owner. There were 2 service records, one for a computer/module reboot about 4 months after it was purchased new. And a year later the top was replaced. That had me worried but the more threads I read on here, it seemed once the top was replaced, they were ok. As I said, this was replaced in 2012. So I would hope the top issue would've been ok, but I'm not sure. I'm going down to look at the car tomorrow and take it for a spin and check everything out. I will be bringing up the top issue as well. I'm sure I can get it less than $20K but I want to check it out and talk more to the dealer. I appreciate all your advice. I wouldn't say I'm desperate, I'm so unhappy with my RS and I've been looking since summer and doing everything I can to get the balance down on the loan. I'm sure you understand how hard it is to be in a car that you're very unhappy with. So I guess you could use the word desperate.

And I have searched and searched for what I'm looking for and because I'm so fussy with what I want, color, interior color, model, etc., there is nothing within 500 miles of me, other than this one that just popped up today. And the one through Carmax in another state. We'll see what happens. I know people who read my posts are sick of me posting about this all the time, but I really don't have anyone to ask and you all seem so knowledgeable, it helps to get opinions of other Camaro owners who know much more about things than I do. Thank you for all your advice and sorry If I'm being annoying with all my posts.
I understand your position. I was in the same place you are right now, 30+ years ago.

Hopefully this convertible is at a Chevy / GM dealer and perhaps also a GM Certified Pre-Owned (CPO)? According to GM, it may be within 75k miles and still qualify.

Here's the link to GM's CPO program:http://www.gmcertified.com/certified-benefits

You could also put the word out to your local GM / Chevy dealers that you're looking for a specific model and year(s) and ask them to do a search for you. That might produce a favorable result more quickly for you.

However, don't forget that if you buy a 2011-2012 convertible (or any convertible, for that matter) you may have top issues to deal with and that could cost quite a bit to repair out of your own pocket. Ergo, I'd highly recommend a GM CPO convertible and BE SURE TO ASK whether the top and associated components are covered during the 2 year, 24k mile CPO coverage period and GET IT IN WRITING - as long as it's written somewhere on your copy of the sales contract and signed or initialed by a manager, you'll be covered if something should go wrong with the top during the CPO warranty period. It's your money! CYA (cover your ass)!

Good luck and please keep us posted on your search and findings.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:07 AM   #20
CurtiSSWatson

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoss View Post
There are a lot of cars out there with low miles. A pristine car with 15k miles beats out a pristine car with 70k miles every time. I bought mine from the previous owner a lady in her 70s with 27k miles. Was still like new. It just turned 30k miles but it's not my daily driver.
That's a fast driving granny!
CurtiSSWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 05:38 PM   #21
babymandm

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Is this normal with the gap between the body and top? I'm at the dealer now.=http://s105.photobucket.com/user/bianca_heart2003/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpslznbalie.jpeg.html][/URL][/IMG]
Old 01-13-2016, 09:26 PM   #22
Trifecta23

Drives: 2013 Dusk 2ss/RS conv.
Mine has that gap too. I assume it allows the water to drain through apposed to puddling on the seal.

jdm
Trifecta23 is offline   Reply With Quote