Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-19-2015, 04:17 PM   #43
red70tvhs
Red

Drives: 2018 Mosaic Black 2ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerg8gt View Post
I was partially let down due to one particular thing the movie lacked. At least it did until the very end. If you've seen it you know what I'm talking about. Trying not to spoil it for anyone.

Other than that it was fantastic. Not as good as the original 3 but FAR better than the prequels they put out recently. It's setting up for 2 very good movies to follow.
There was just so many things that let me down. Some things just did not make sense. I felt the plot was recycled from A new hope. I felt the depiction of Evil was very weak. Some things that should of had a much bigger part were barely mentioned leaving so many unneeded questions. I've reviewed it in my head many times sense watching trying to find a reason to enjoy it, other than new star wars. Without Harrison Ford and Chewy the movie wouldn't of really been bearable in my opinion. As far as the prequels, I did enjoy them minus some bad acting and jar jar... At least there wasn't many plot holes, there was a shroud of mystery but it was all revealed... Except in Attack... I'm still not sure who Sipho-dias is, he's only mentioned there I believe and it just says he was killed. They filled in the story nicely of what had happened prior to A New Hope. I however have not watched them near as many times as the original trilogy. I know I went through two different copies of the original (non special edition) trilogy on VHS because the film just got worn out. I see reasons for some things happening, how they can develop characters with it but a lot just don't make sense. I can't really elaborate more than I already have without including spoilers and I really don't want to spoil the movie for those who haven't seen it. Like I said, so far among anybody I know that watched it, I am the only one let down. Writing is also a big hobby of mine, it's hopefully about to go from hobby to career... or at least nice little side line with my latest work. So I've thought maybe I'm over analyzing it and not just sitting back and enjoying it as far as my issues with the plot. I feel like I need to rewatch it and give it another chance, I just remember walking out of the theater with much confusion and borderline anger.

Stock. For now...
red70tvhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 08:14 AM   #44
Bulldog3071

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Saw it last night and really liked it, loved Hon Solo was just classic to many food lines from Hon, will sit it again later this week with my kids.
Lakewood Strut Tower Brace, JBA Shorty Headers, JBA 8 MM Wires, Airaid TB Spacer, Phastek CAI Scoop, Washer Bottle Relocation Kit, Stainlees Steel Brake Lines, Brake Performance Slotted and Drilled Rotors, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Subframe Connectors, Borla ATAK Muffelers, Z28 Wickerbill Spoiler, VTC, Bow Tie Delete, BMR Adjustable Front Swaybar, BMR End Link Kit, BMR Extreme Rear Anti-Roll Kit, Diablo I1000 "InTune"
Bulldog3071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 02:41 PM   #45
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Great movie!!! There was so much to love about it and it did not disappoint. I loved seeing the Millennium Falcon in action again. I plan on seeing it again.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 02:44 PM   #46
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Spoiler... The Falcon transforms into MegaTron and a Sharknado hits during the battle of X-wings and Ti-fighters. Just sayin, be ready for it.
That was the climax of the movie!! You ruined it!! Why don't you just go ahead and reveal the biggest spoiler. You know what I'm talking about. Just go ahead and tell everyone that BB-8 is a Sith Lord. There. I said it.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 07:53 PM   #47
Luis19SS

Drives: 2019 SS A10
I told my friends the same thing, it reminded me to much of episodes 4 & 6. Nonetheless, great movie with a great new story. Part of it felt like Star Wars but some of it didn't. The only 2 things I did not like was how it started, kinda slow, unlike episode 3 where everything was perfect, and the other thing is I do not like the person who played Kylo Ren. I was expecting someone evil and "scary." Hopefully he turns into something like that after what happened to him lol, just my opinion though like I said overall great movie, with a great new story
Black 2019 SS A10, MBRP Exhuast, Soler performance Ported Throttlebody, Cold Air Inductions CAI, BMR equipped, Stance SFO7 on nitto NT555G2 tires, Limited Edition White Racing Seats, ZL1 1LE Splitter, Carbon Sideskirts, Gorilla Splitters areo kit, Next Gen Speed Diffuser, JWmotorsports LED side markers

Luis19SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 01:51 PM   #48
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis13RS View Post
I told my friends the same thing, it reminded me to much of episodes 4 & 6. Nonetheless, great movie with a great new story. Part of it felt like Star Wars but some of it didn't. The only 2 things I did not like was how it started, kinda slow, unlike episode 3 where everything was perfect, and the other thing is I do not like the person who played Kylo Ren. I was expecting someone evil and "scary." Hopefully he turns into something like that after what happened to him lol, just my opinion though like I said overall great movie, with a great new story
He's Anakin's grandson, and looks sufficiently douchie as to be from his lineage...With a touch of Han's features. Also, he's a disabled Marine who went to acting school.

Episode 3 was garbage. Episode 4 is the slowest in the series.

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 03:15 PM   #49
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzShadow View Post
*My previous ride
Mine did the Kessel run in less than 12 Parsecs.

I am looking forward to seeing this on Xmas day, but I am REALLY looking forward to seeing what Family Guy does with TFA.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:40 AM   #50
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ455 View Post
That was the climax of the movie!! You ruined it!! Why don't you just go ahead and reveal the biggest spoiler. You know what I'm talking about. Just go ahead and tell everyone that BB-8 is a Sith Lord. There. I said it.
at least I didn't reveal BB-8 was remote controlled by Jar-jars older brother, Har-har.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 07:54 AM   #51
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis13RS View Post
Exactly 4&6, I was a little disappointed in the plot as I felt it was 'deja vu all over again'. I'm hoping the next one is a bit more original than re-hashing -- fun to see, but this one reeked of 'making money' to fund the next one ;o)

As a fan, glad they made it to tie up some 'loose ends'... Overall, a lot less than I expected, 4 (A new hope) will always be my favorite...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 07:22 PM   #52
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
We went an watched it this afternoon and I thought it was a really good movie. Yes, there are a lot of questions left unanswered but that is the nature of it being just one part of a larger story and that is part of the fun.

I told my wife on the drive home that I thought Snoke could be Darth Plaeguis The Wise that Palpatine mentioned in Episode III. My logic was simply that Sidious and Vader were both killed at the end of VI and someone had to have been his teacher. He must have been trained before they were killed.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 11:21 PM   #53
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
Saw it today, I thought it was great.

Daisy Ridley is like a cuter version of Kiera Knightly.
Old 12-26-2015, 07:45 AM   #54
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Motorsports View Post
We went an watched it this afternoon and I thought it was a really good movie. Yes, there are a lot of questions left unanswered but that is the nature of it being just one part of a larger story and that is part of the fun.

I told my wife on the drive home that I thought Snoke could be Darth Plaeguis The Wise that Palpatine mentioned in Episode III. My logic was simply that Sidious and Vader were both killed at the end of VI and someone had to have been his teacher. He must have been trained before they were killed.
Darth Plaeguis was killed by his apprentice, Darth Sidious.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 09:26 AM   #55
AzShadow
Ed S.

Drives: 2015 1LS V6 6 speed manual
I've been a fan of Star Wars since the day I saw the original movie in '77. That said, it's a shame that audiences have become so 'sophisticated' in their knowledge of the Star Wars universe that they can no longer just sit back and be entertained.

AzShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 09:38 AM   #56
SSCam99

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by red70tvhs View Post
Am I the only person who was let down? lol
No, I was disappointed too. The plot felt so similar to a Star Wars film from 1977... I thought Kylo Ren was like a villainous version of Hot Rod and it made me laugh. My friend actually FELL ASLEEP watching it. I was kind of shocked. He says he still liked it okay though. LOL Maybe that's the best way to watch this new one.

Tags
movie, star wars, the force awakens