Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 12-02-2015, 01:02 PM   #57
TheSpectre

Drives: Boxster GTS
Oh, stop bitching.

Do you want your car built quickly, or do you want your car built correctly?

Honestly, first world problems (and this is coming from a guy with a Porsche!), and you need to cool it.

Your car will arrive when it arrives. The earth will continue to spin on its axis and the sun will continue to blaze away.
TheSpectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 01:08 PM   #58
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintyre1969 View Post
I bought it from a local dealer.
I know, it was a rhetorical question.

What I'm saying is that the car you purchased is technically the dealerships, even now. Yes you've got a contract (I hope) with a dealership to purchase their car when they get it.

Because you got it via the dealer, they're the primary customer of the GM, you're a secondary customer. It would be like you having a grocery store and selling Pepsi products. The customer isn't buying the pepsi directly from Pepsi Cola Company..they're buying it from you, who purchased it from Pepsi. If they get a bad soda..they're going to return it to you, and you'll get credit from Pepsi.

Basically what I'm saying is that until the car is formally transferred to you, it's not really your car. And if it's financed..it's also not really your car until it's paid off, I know in your case it's paid outright.

The dealer is working for your business, and they're making money off the car, thus by extension, you're paying them. Make them do the work of beating down GM's door.

Last edited by SpeedIsLife; 12-02-2015 at 01:44 PM.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 01:21 PM   #59
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Then what exactly is wrong? What are they fixing? Why don't the owners know what is being done to their car? No one has gotten a phone call from a rep?....It would be nice to know what was wrong, what is being fixed. Sort of like a maintenance record of your own vehicle?...Yeah, QC holds happen and they don't like to report on it. That is correct. and that is secretive and hoping no one asks any questions.

It's very bad PR, they know it. And don't even want to keep the owners in the loop.
GM doesn't owe you or anybody else an explanation of anything. All they owe you is a new car with everything in working order. That's exactly what they're making sure of and you're complaining. No promises have been made to you by GM and if your dealer has made some only then do you have a complaint, with your dealer. Maybe GM should have a hold my hand a pamper me with a pacifier option for your delivery for an extra $99. If that option wasn't available or you didn't pay for it then take your complaints no farther than your frilly coconut scented bathroom mirror.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:03 PM   #60
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
First world problems.
No one cares how you rank these problems. This is a damn car forum, every problem posted here is "first world". Go back to "twitter" "smh fam"
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:12 PM   #61
HuJass

Drives: GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
At this point it is NOT your car, it's not even the dealerships car, it's GM's property that has not yet been transferred, officially, to the dealership. It's not your place to put the thumbscrews to GM on this, it's your dealerships role to do that as THEY are GM's customer.
In some cases, your statement is false.

Some people have completed all the paperwork and have legally bought the car. They have registrations and titles with their names on them.
At this point, it is legally THEIR car. Not GM's. Not the dealer's.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:16 PM   #62
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintyre1969 View Post
My dealer is authorized by GM to sale GM vehicles. I have a SALES contract in which they sold me a SPECIFIC car for a sum of money. What law are you referring to when they " formally transfer" MY car, and how is that done. Contracts have been signed and the authorized dealer had been paid in full.
Basically, it IS my car.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:17 PM   #63
HuJass

Drives: GM
To those that have purchased your car, any thought of calling the police and reporting the car stolen or missing?

You now have proof that the car is legally yours. Legally it can be physically removed from wherever it is now and then placed in your possession, as you are the legal owner.

At the very least, show up to the vehicle's location with a court order to release the car to you since it's legally yours.

Might be the nuclear option but it might get GM off its ass and start moving the cars. Or at least coming clean about what's going on.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:24 PM   #64
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post
To those that have purchased your car, any thought of calling the police and reporting the car stolen or missing?

You now have proof that the car is legally yours. Legally it can be physically removed from wherever it is now and then placed in your possession, as you are the legal owner.

At the very least, show up to the vehicle's location with a court order to release the car to you since it's legally yours.

Might be the nuclear option but it might get GM off its ass and start moving the cars. Or at least coming clean about what's going on.
I think that's taking things a bit far.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:29 PM   #65
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:

The kind of person that would do this is the kind of person that would then sue GM if something broke and injured them if it was under QC hold for a safety issue and they pulled it our early anyway with the aid of the police.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:34 PM   #66
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
The kind of person that would do this is the kind of person that would then sue GM if something broke and injured them if it was under QC hold for a safety issue and they pulled it our early anyway with the aid of the police.
Property rights people, whether it be with cars or land, typically do not run to whine and engage in frivolous litigation. They are usually, more often than not, fighting the government's overstepping litigation against them.

They want what is theirs and they want to be left alone.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:44 PM   #67
DanaM

Drives: 2010 Ram 1500 / 2006 Charger R/T
Send a message via Skype™ to DanaM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpectre View Post
Oh, stop bitching.

Do you want your car built quickly, or do you want your car built correctly?

Honestly, first world problems (and this is coming from a guy with a Porsche!), and you need to cool it.

Your car will arrive when it arrives. The earth will continue to spin on its axis and the sun will continue to blaze away.
LOL, usually I don't stand down but when the one guy jumped on my earlier post before I replied I tried to put myself in his shoes. It does suck about the wait and maybe it is good that people come here and get it out. If they call the dealer and scream at them, that would not help.
DanaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:59 PM   #68
VF-22

Drives: 4 Wheels
Quote:

Unless you buy it outright, the car isn't yours till you have paid it all off.

People who were the first to order need to realize this is normal on all new gen models 1st run off the line.
VF-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 03:16 PM   #69
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Did you buy the car directly from GM? Is your contract of sale with GM?
Comments like this, followed up with it was a rhetorical question. Followed by a long incorrect explanation.

If you go to a restaurant and place an order are you not allowed to complain when it does not show up?

If you go to McDonald's and purchase fries, but they never bring them to the counter, are they not you fries because they have not been " formally transferred"?

Does Burger King sale hamburgers to customers? No their franchisees do.

Now when you are waiting on your meal at any of these places, you complain about the service. The guy in the next booth (YOU) says, hey man that is really not your food.

Would that seem helpful to you?
Old 12-02-2015, 03:31 PM   #70
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:

LMAO! Never thought about that...if I can ever connect my damn car through Onstar might have to scare the crap out of someone and chirp the horn a few times!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote