Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 11-08-2015, 05:34 PM   #1
RKCamaro13

Drives: 2011 Red 2SSRS A6
Ghosted Side Markers

I know there tons of threads about aac and showstopper side markers, but I haven't found too many pics of them on red camaros. If anyone has them on a victory red car and you post some pics with lights off. Just trying to see which ones will look better.
MPD1 Z Force hood, 1LE splitter, ZL1 rockers and diffuser, Heritage grille, Sparks Restorations emblems, Magnuson Supercharger, ID850 Injectors, Alky Methanol Kit, Livernois Fuel Pump Roto-Fab CAI, SW long tube headers, CNC ported throttle body, High flow cats, Lethal Racing Prowler Cam, LS3 conversion, Yank 3400 Stall, Corsa 3" cat back exhaust, RX Catch Can, BMR Suspension, BC Coilovers, Slotted and Cross-drilled rotors, Custom Interior.
RKCamaro13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 07:06 PM   #2
Mattchew

Drives: Camaro 2011 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKCamaro13 View Post
I know there tons of threads about aac and showstopper side markers, but I haven't found too many pics of them on red camaros. If anyone has them on a victory red car and you post some pics with lights off. Just trying to see which ones will look better.

Mattchew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:39 AM   #3
Carmikaze
HTCC Membership Director

Drives: 2013 RS Camaro
Mine are oracle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carmikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:42 AM   #4
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmikaze View Post
Mine are oracle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Holy $(#@ that's clean!
CapeCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 12:26 AM   #5
Graphicsgod

Drives: 2015 Manual Hot Red 2LS Camaro
I so want those!!

P.S. Love the flooring!!
Old 11-11-2015, 11:38 AM   #6
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Mine are crystal red (showstopper), and I personally prefer these over ghosted. And def prefer showstopper quality over AAC

One of these are off.
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2015, 03:13 PM   #7
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: '23 CT5-V BW, '21 Corvette HTC
I went with victory red tinted Oracle side-markers. I chose tinted because of wanting to break up all the red. I strongly considered the Showstopper markers but in the end I preferred the look of the light being in the center of the marker rather than at the top.
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2015, 09:57 PM   #8
RKCamaro13

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Mine are crystal red (showstopper), and I personally prefer these over ghosted. And def prefer showstopper quality over AAC

One of these are off.
I do like the Showstoppers, but haven't really seen anyone with the ghosted side markers from them. They do seem to fit a little better, I guess cause they use stock side markers to make theirs.
MPD1 Z Force hood, 1LE splitter, ZL1 rockers and diffuser, Heritage grille, Sparks Restorations emblems, Magnuson Supercharger, ID850 Injectors, Alky Methanol Kit, Livernois Fuel Pump Roto-Fab CAI, SW long tube headers, CNC ported throttle body, High flow cats, Lethal Racing Prowler Cam, LS3 conversion, Yank 3400 Stall, Corsa 3" cat back exhaust, RX Catch Can, BMR Suspension, BC Coilovers, Slotted and Cross-drilled rotors, Custom Interior.
Old 11-13-2015, 02:57 PM   #9
BlueRay2ss

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 2013 2LS 1998 Z28
I LOVE my ghosted side markers on my blue ray, my friend got the clear to match his red jewel. I have to say, I love the look of mine during the day, but his look awesome at night, they are so bright, they look great. Sorry no pictures, I know, just wanted to addd my two cents!
BlueRay2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 01:15 PM   #10
RKCamaro13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRay2ss View Post
I LOVE my ghosted side markers on my blue ray, my friend got the clear to match his red jewel. I have to say, I love the look of mine during the day, but his look awesome at night, they are so bright, they look great. Sorry no pictures, I know, just wanted to addd my two cents!
Which brand did you go with?
Old 11-14-2015, 01:23 PM   #11
Night trained

Drives: 2015 camaro 2ss 1LE
Does oracle sell a smoked look with LEDs ? Without color matching
Night trained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 10:12 PM   #12
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
I went with victory red tinted Oracle side-markers. I chose tinted because of wanting to break up all the red. I strongly considered the Showstopper markers but in the end I preferred the look of the light being in the center of the marker rather than at the top.
I chose the Oracle's for the same reason, plus I heard somewhere they placed it in the centre for cooling reasons, thus were able to run a brighter LED, which is why the Oracles do look brighter when lit at night especially in ghosted format vs the Showstopper competitors.

I have the ghosted black Oracles couple of years now, knock on wood, no problems yet, mind you, I do have the V2 ones with the stronger tabs.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 11:14 AM   #13
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
I chose the Oracle's for the same reason, plus I heard somewhere they placed it in the centre for cooling reasons, thus were able to run a brighter LED, which is why the Oracles do look brighter when lit at night especially in ghosted format vs the Showstopper competitors.

I have the ghosted black Oracles couple of years now, knock on wood, no problems yet, mind you, I do have the V2 ones with the stronger tabs.
My showstoppers are bright as hell!! Wouldn't want them to be any brighter, they light up the whole garage and other cars when driving past them.

Also, the AAC ones ive seen in person just look like two different shades of orange. The showstopper ones are actually red and amber like factory.

Placed in center for cooling? LEDS don't generate any heat.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:24 AM   #14
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
My showstoppers are bright as hell!! Wouldn't want them to be any brighter, they light up the whole garage and other cars when driving past them.

Also, the AAC ones ive seen in person just look like two different shades of orange. The showstopper ones are actually red and amber like factory.

Placed in center for cooling? LEDS don't generate any heat.
Led's hate heat.

Led bulbs themselves do not generate significant heat per say, as far as our human touch is concerned when touching the bulb itself, but that is not to say that they don't generate heat, and that it is not a problem.

Also, if they are equipped with internal resisters, that adds to the temp problem within an enclosed unit. Try touching an external resister like what we see with the Technostalgia lights, and get back to me, lol.

Ditto for some household LED bulbs, take a look at the vent cutouts on the housing. It's there for a reason. LED bulbs do get hot, but the heat is pulled away by a heat sink in the base of the bulb, hence why they feel cool enough for you when you touch. The heat dissipates into the surrounding atmosphere, and the LED bulb stays cool, and thus help prolong its life. Remember, Led bulbs do not like heat, therefore, a designer might be forced to reduce consumption and sacrifice lumens.

The "brighteness factor" only comes into play if you are comparing the ghosted models. Brightness is a key factor (for me anyways) when going ghosted.

Thank God we still have choices

Last edited by Camaro Dude; 11-16-2015 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Grammar...
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote